Replacement Note 7 explodes.... on a plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeyaruk JJ

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Here's the link to the article about all 4 carriers. I didn't post about it, but googled and found it: All four big US carriers are letting customers exchange replacement Note 7 - The Verge

I love my Note 7. It's the best phone I've ever had. But I am getting more and more concerned about what happens in terms of restrictions on it's use on planes, trains/subway, etc even if it's just because of perception. The question is right now, what to replace it with. I've had the S7 Edge, and its nice, but it's not in the same league, and the one I got as a temporary replacement for my Note overheated to the point of being uncomfortably hot. T-Mobile doesn't sell the HTC 10 any more. The LG V20 isn't out yet. In other words, either I use a backup phone, and wait for the Pixel XL or LG V20, or what?

Just out of curiousity why do you say the s7 edge isn't in the same league? It is basically the best phone of 2016 right now because of the note 7 issues.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Just out of curiousity why do you say the s7 edge isn't in the same league? It is basically the best phone of 2016 right now because of the note 7 issues.

It is a great phone. I got one the day it came out - the T-Mobile one, and it worked well for me, although there were still many people who complained about overheating, lag, etc. that didn't happen in my case. But when the recall happened, I returned the Note 7, and got an unlocked S7 Edge Olympic Edition on sale at Best Buy. That one had tons of problems not least of which was overheating to the point where I could barely hold the phone after a long drive using Waze. So perhaps it is a viable option, but I'm not as excited about it as I was before.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Half the storage

Smaller display

More pronounced curve

No hardware scaling to FHD (huge for battery life and still looks great)

Not as good low light camera results

Seem IMO pretty good reasons 7E not in same league as Note 7.

Jeyaruk JJ

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Half the storage

Smaller display

More pronounced curve

No hardware scaling to FHD (huge for battery life and still looks great)

Not as good low light camera results

Seem IMO pretty good reasons 7E not in same league as Note 7.

Expandable storage up to 200 gb.
Only a smaller display by 0.2 inches
Don't understand what you mean by more pronounced curve.
Who cares about the camera in low light.

al3azim

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
While the whole issue is somewhat concerning especially after the initial recall, I think it makes sense to wait and see what the findings are. I am sure we will be hearing on this really soon and I don't think they will be making excuses if the phone does have a defect. Samsung cannot afford to play more games considering the position they are in. They need to make it right but there is not point jumping to conclusions really until we know the facts and as of now, we don't have enough to go on.

I do understand though however if people feel unsafe with the phone around them, then I am glad the carriers are offering a solution for now to ease those concerns. For now I will wait a few days and see what the testing results and just be careful with the device as I am with all other devices (tablets, laptops -- hey are all prone to some sort hazard if not treated right).

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
They cant do that for this issue. I'll fight the.m on it.
Since there is no official recall for the replacement Note 7's, they can charge a restocking fee for the return. It may be at the discretion of the store whether they charge it or not though.

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Instead of crying or being dramatic about the situation. You guys got the option to exchange it now? Why moan about it when you can move on and go to that new phone thread section and go dramatic there about the new issues your new phone has? Instead of what Samsung is going to do or what carriers are going to do. Just curious why moan and stay? I am staying either way. 1 fire is not gonna scare me. There are ALOT more things out there that can kill.

ddown54

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Having been a customer for over 10 years and having 3 phones in three months because of these recalls is not my fault as a long time customer I just reminded ATT of this. I went with iPhone 6S plus because I'm not convinced this newer lithium ion technology is down pat with anyone yet. Thinner phones, Higher capacity batteries, rapid charging, flexing cases all are a recipe for bad things happening. Example the I phone 7s that were damaged in shipment and had thermal damage. I think the technology has to catch up with durability and safety first with these new products.

Status
Not open for further replies.