Status
Not open for further replies.

Breuklen

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
The translated link article at the bottom:
The Apple Daily report (with photos of the damaged phone) can be viewed here

Apple Daily news?
The guy who's n7 went off in a plane happened to find an iphone 7 immediately and available?
Hmmm...

Oy vey! The founder is a devout Christian and used the name based on the Adam & Eve eating the apple ruining paradise story.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Did you actually read the story you linked? It references worldwide instances of "false" reports. Among those are instances where Samsung couldn't contact the customer. Exactly how is that to be assumed it's a false report? Samsung only definitively declared 12 devices as not exploding.

At the time of the official recall -- not Samsung's half-***, poorly thought out, ill-informed attempt at a recall -- the CPSC cited 92 confirmed battery fires/explosions. (That would be amongst US customers only) Reports continued to come in after the CPSC requested and effected an official recall. Samsung's own numbers said that of the 2.5 million sold and shipped worldwide, there **MAY** be as many as a 1000 defective phones. Think about that: 1000+ defective phones. Should they have waited until someone was severely hurt by an exploding battery? Or maybe for the first fatality? It's bad enough they took too long for an official recall. They should thank their lucky stars that there were no fatalities.

Again, it boggles my mind that people go out of their way to protect multi-billion companies. It's as if they're on their payroll. Samsung ain't worrying about y'all. Just its bottomline. Which often includes minimizing its expenses, even at the expense of consumers until they have absolutely no other choice.

I read the article and reread before I posted the link.

I emphasized your post. Yes there **MAY** be 1000 defective phones there **MAY** be 2. Think about that, less then 2 defective phones.

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I read the article and reread before I posted the link.

I emphasized your post. Yes there **MAY** be 1000 defective phones there **MAY** be 2. Think about that, less then 2 defective phones.

Yes, because when assessing risks, the first rule or risk management is to be as optimistic as possible. Roger that.

Breuklen

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Yes, because when assessing risks, the first rule or risk management is to be as optimistic as possible. Roger that.

LOL

The first batch had over 100 incidents in the US alone. Samsung says there could be 1000+ bad batteries exploding. They didn't recall Note 7s from China were there were 4-6 fires/explosions before a Chinese user claimed that a "safe" version caught fire. Now they have the Louisville fire, a claim in Taiwan (I think she caused the defect by sitting on it, but let's give her the benefit of the doubt even) and Samsung should just cross its fingers and toes and legs and by-gosh-golly we probably don't have to worry. SMFH

They will learn that very quickly that to be slow is to invite death. Any more incidents in China, any more dramatic incidents in the US with replacements and they can forget about their entire reputation, not just the Note brand.

Breuklen

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site

Ay dios mio! Guess that finger crossing, aw shucks mentality ain't workin' for them.

Defenders were screaming there's just one. Then there's just two. The Taiwan chick sounds shady. It's becoming a daily thing. Something ain't right. Probably not just a battery supplier. Probably a fundamental error in the phone manufacturing itself.

"Here lies valiant, noble Note 7. Gone well before its time..."

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
No, it's just a cheap POS that is poorly designed. What would be the purpose of intentionally designing it to fail? You actually think they want to people to get hurt and/or die? It's just part of chasing $$.

Never understood buyers risking a $5-10 cord/charger for a $600+ smartphone.

This is exactly what I posted that the At&t repair dude told me.
The note 7 is a USb-C charger cord.
It draws a lot of power to charge the battery.

People are going to the service station.
And buying 5.00 cords and using them to charge their phones.
The cord can't handle the voltage going threw it.
And the Charger done's not regulate the power going to the phone.
Causing it to over head and the battery getting too hot.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
This is exactly what I posted that the At&t repair dude told me.
The note 7 is a USb-C charger cord.
It draws a lot of power to charge the battery.

People are going to the service station.
And buying 5.00 cords and using them to charge their phones.
The cord can't handle the voltage going threw it.
And the Charger done's not regulate the power going to the phone.
Causing it to over head and the battery getting too hot.

I haven't seen service stations carrying $5 USB Type C cables.

Status
Not open for further replies.