Love the N7 Fires on Replacements Probably the Last Straw - What am I giving up moving to S7 edge?

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for thinking of that, I will add them to the list. I forgot about those, your absolutely correct
You should reach out to NTSB and see if they will require all phones and electronic devices to be shut off while operating motor vehicles as well.

Also maybe contact all insurance companies that provide homeowners insurance and see if they will discontinue coverage for anyone that uses a phone or any other battery powered electronic device in their home.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
You should reach out to NTSB and see if they will require all phones and electronic devices to be shut off while operating motor vehicles as well.

Also maybe contact all insurance companies that provide homeowners insurance and see if they will discontinue coverage for anyone that uses a phone or any other battery powered electronic device in their home.
Your helping me make my point, thanks

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Well crap, that's not good. Honestly, I'm more worried about airlines and others places banning Note 7's altogether than I am about fires but people shouldn't have to worry about their phone catching fire.
for the love of god. There's no ban!! Just want the phone SHUT OFF for the flight

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
There are over 50,000 electrical fires in homes every year. And according to the CPSC, electrical receptacles cause 5,300 fires every year. Don't charge your phone. Shut off the power grid!
I know. But reading these posts you would think it's just the note 7 and its the end of the world and Samsung is doomed. LOL

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I did a quick google search on how many exchanged US note 7s there were floating around (500,000 as of September 23rd). One burned up. My sorry math skills show me I have a better chance at winning the lottery.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

This won't really help as fires can still start if the problem IS with the battery. There have also been fires in laptops. HP and Sony recalled laptops years ago because of batteries causing fires. We'll have to shut those off as well.

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I gave up now. I loved the Note 7, it was the best phone I've own and my first Note series but I can't take it anymore. Im an elite member at best buy and since I paid outright and used my best buy credit card to buy it, I had 30 days to return it. No way I can pass that up, this phones value will drop like no other. The Note 7 is forever tainted. Ordered the iPhone 7 plus since theres nothing else I'm interested in at all on the Android side.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
To the OP, get a Note 5 or an S7 Edge. I have both of these phones and love them.
Everyone has a different opinion on phones. I went back to my Note5 for less than 2 weeks and couldn't wait to get my Note7 back. I don't think I could go back to it full time now. The edge on the S7E seems like a deal breaker as well.

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Not gonna be dramatic about the situation. Products catches fire daily. Any electronics with li ion batteries or whatever. People drive cars with recalls all day long. Some with major issues that can kill people. Your probably driving one now. That's like me going ahead and living the millionaire lifestyle before winning the lottery. Yes phone caught fire. like other phones have also . Could it happened to me? Maybe but chances are a long shot. Not gonna trip over a damn phone and go dramatic. I got better crap to worry about. Just saying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC