Sticking with the Note 7?

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm keeping my N7 until Samsung advises me to return it. If there is a second recall then I'll just go back to my n5.

merlinskw

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I'll be sticking with my note 7, my replacement rocks... I'm not saying this as a fact, but it wouldn't surprise me if all the horror stories magically disappear after the new iPhone is old news...

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I'll be staying with my note7. As long as my replacement is as good as my recalled one. My replacement from verizon is supposed to be delivered today by UPS.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm on my 4th Note 7, due to no fault of my own. There is no way im going to give up on it. It's the best phone imo available. It does everything I need and more.

Roostaapp

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
How do the updates work? do they release updates based on the model of phone you have got or a generic samsung/android updates? if its individual model then i would sell up if possible

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
If my Note 7 doesn't get recalled I'm keeping it. If it gets recalled I'm probably going back to my Note 5.

anon(607340)

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Even though I'm picking up a Pixel XL just because, there's no way I am letting go of my Note 7.

Another recall or not - they would literally have to pry it from my cold, dead hands. It's the best phone ever made, period.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Shall we play a game...

I'd personally go for a pixel XL. I don't love the design (looks wise) but I think the camera looks promising and the clean look and feel of pure android is the most appealing to me. But it looks like a old phone next to the Note imo lol.

The Pixel looks amazingly very much like an iPhone with those big top and bottom bezels.

imartez

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm done with the Note 7. I travel frequently for work and if I can't use the phone while I'm flying, that is a big limitation for me. This is also my 2nd Note 7, I did get a replacement unit and it works well, but the uncertainty of the battery issues and not being able to use it on a plane are not things I can justify for a $850 phone.

I just ordered a Pixel XL and will use my Nexus 6P until I get it.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Plan on sticking with mine unless another "forced" recall (this one though would likely not have a replacement option- Note 7 probably would be dead).

Why I luv the Note 7:

1. Smallest form factor for 5.7" device
2. Best display
3. FHD hardware scaling is amazing
4. No navigation bar wasting 15% of the display (a lot of apps do not support immersive mode- especially games)
5. Best overall camera- especially depth of field and low light
6. Runs coolest of any device I have tried for games- including the iPhone Plus when in FHD mode
7. The pen integration

No other device IMO touches it. With iPhone

1. No drag & drop
2. No true OTG support
3. Stuck with needing iTunes
4. Weaker low light photos
5. No emulators (lots of great ones)
6. No true theme customization in UI or apps
7. Display is inferior
8. Bigger device, smaller display
9. No sd

Sorry, but the Note 7 rules and I plan on keeping it.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
I don't even care if they recall it a second time. If that happens I'll keep it until the S8 even if it gets no updates or support. Nothing was wrong with my first N7 and nothing is wrong with my new N7.

silkyms3

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Name another device with screen 5.7" or larger easily available today or within few weeks:
V20: Same high DPI issue as V10, huge icon and text, unless you have vision issues, misses whole point of larger screen
6P: Inferior screen, 5.3" due to soft buttons in many situations, only 128GB, basic features

I'm keeping my replacement.

Inevitable Flux

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
Definitely sticking with my Note 7. I've no interest in any other phone on the market unfortunately (including the upcoming LG or Pixel). If... and only if... a second recall is announced (after the investigation of a replaced Note 7 "exploding" on a plane), I'll return it then. At that point, I'll go back to my Note 5 until sometime next year and try not to cry about it :)

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Name another device with screen 5.7" or larger easily available today or within few weeks:
V20: Same high DPI issue as V10, huge icon and text, unless you have vision issues, misses whole point of larger screen
6P: Inferior screen, 5.3" due to soft buttons in many situations, only 128GB, basic features

I'm keeping my replacement.

Note 5 comes close.

Jad Morffier

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
I'm curious to how many of you are deciding to stick the Note 7 after receiving a replacement. I preordered a iP 7 plus and have had it for about 2 weeks. I'm really underwhelmed with it and decided to trade it in for a Note 7 (before news of replacements having same issues). I've been on a iPhone for a few years now so it kind of has me doubting my decision to come back to android in general. I'm contemplating returning the Note for a pixel XL but was kind of unimpressed with the initial reveal. Either way I'll be away from iPhone at least for foreseeable future. I guess I'm looking for some positive feedback from some Note users as I'm struggling to currently find any. Thanks in advance!

I did the same thing as you did only with the iPhone 6. I'd been an avid iPhone user owning a 3GS, 4, 5, and then the 6 Plus. I had the 6 Plus for about a week before I decided I really didn't like it. I didn't like the design at all (iPhone 5 was my favorite design), and iOS was boring me to tears.

At the same time I was being tempted by a close friend to check out the Galaxy Note 4. It was better looking with way better hardware specs than the iPhone 6 Plus so I decided to sell the iPhone 6 Plus while it was in high demand. With the $1200 I got for the iPhone 6 Plus I purchased and Note 4 off the shelf (which came with a GearFit watch), a 128GB sdcard and a Spigen case.

The Note 4 is an amazing phone. I would say it is even better than the Note 5. But when the Note7 came out I was like yes this is worthy to replace the Note 4.

I currently have the replacement Note7 and it's running like a dream. Personally I don't think you should go back to the iPhone. The 7 Plus has less specs than my Note 4! It's like a phone that uses old parts lol. Here is a list of why I am still not interested in an iPhone...

1. No fast charge
2. No wireless charge
3. No sPen
4. No microSD slot
5. No sAMOLED screen
6. No Always On Displays (AOD)
7. No NFC tagging
8. The camera in real world testing isn't nearly as good as Note7's camera... https://youtu.be/pvtoHKG4AuI
9. iTunes (limited music and video transfer and codec capabilities)
10. Native resolution only 1080p (iPhone 7 Plus) and 750p (iPhone 7)
11. ppi (pixels per inch) are sub-par.
12. Bezels are too big. The Note7 is a smaller phone but with a bigger screen. Why the huge bezels apple??

I could say more haha but I'll leave it at that. You made the right decision. Worst case scenario they recall the Note7 completely. If that happens I recommend getting a Note 4 and flashing it with a customized Note7 rom. This is what I did with my Note 4. It's amazing. Like a new phone again.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I did the same thing as you did only with the iPhone 6. I'd been an avid iPhone user owning a 3GS, 4, 5, and then the 6 Plus. I had the 6 Plus for about a week before I decided I really didn't like it. I didn't like the design at all (iPhone 5 was my favorite design), and iOS was boring me to tears.

At the same time I was being tempted by a close friend to check out the Galaxy Note 4. It was better looking with way better hardware specs than the iPhone 6 Plus so I decided to sell the iPhone 6 Plus while it was in high demand. With the $1200 I got for the iPhone 6 Plus I purchased and Note 4 off the shelf (which came with a GearFit watch), a 128GB sdcard and a Spigen case.

The Note 4 is an amazing phone. I would say it is even better than the Note 5. But when the Note7 came out I was like yes this is worthy to replace the Note 4.

I currently have the replacement Note7 and it's running like a dream. Personally I don't think you should go back to the iPhone. The 7 Plus has less specs than my Note 4! It's like a phone that uses old parts lol. Here is a list of why I am still not interested in an iPhone...

1. No fast charge
2. No wireless charge
3. No sPen
4. No microSD slot
5. No sAMOLED screen
6. No Always On Displays (AOD)
7. No NFC tagging
8. The camera in real world testing isn't nearly as good as Note7's camera... https://youtu.be/pvtoHKG4AuI
9. iTunes (limited music and video transfer and codec capabilities)
10. Native resolution only 1080p (iPhone 7 Plus) and 750p (iPhone 7)
11. ppi (pixels per inch) are sub-par.
12. Bezels are too big. The Note7 is a smaller phone but with a bigger screen. Why the huge bezels apple??

I could say more haha but I'll leave it at that. You made the right decision. Worst case scenario they recall the Note7 completely. If that happens I recommend getting a Note 4 and flashing it with a customized Note7 rom. This is what I did with my Note 4. It's amazing. Like a new phone again.

Details on the Note 7 rom and doing a Note 4 to note 7 rom?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance