Sticking with the Note 7?

iiLLWiiLL

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: Shall we play a game...

I'd personally go for a pixel XL. I don't love the design (looks wise) but I think the camera looks promising and the clean look and feel of pure android is the most appealing to me. But it looks like a old phone next to the Note imo lol.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm sticking with the Note 7 unless they are permanently recalled. If that happens I'm torn between the Pixel XL and the S7 edge.

Turbo Brian

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Sticking with the N7 for now. i just picked up my new one yesterday (before the plane story). i waited to pick it up until i saw what the pixel offered and was not wowed. between the price, looks, no wireless charging, no water resistance, no OIS and smaller screen, i decided to skip and came back to the note 7. this one doesnt have the stuttering my first one had so ive been happy with it so far. if this one gets recalled too, not sure what ill go with; s7e or v20 most likely.

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm on the note 4 and due for an upgrade. Note 7 was my choice even after the recall but now it happened to a "safe" phone I'm starting to have my doubts. I'm not concerned about a note 7 exploding but rather companies,mainly airlines, reactions to it. If the phone gets banned on airlines or other businesses then I may take a look at the pixel.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Not sure. I've only had my Note for one week now, and I am still within my return 14 day period with AT&T. What should I do? I love it, but if AT&T gives me crap about returning it after the time period with Samsung doing stuff, I'm unsure where I stand.....I don't have another phone since I sold my 6s plus. I have an old Windows phone I would have to use I guess, but ugh.....

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Not sure. I've only had my Note for one week now, and I am still within my return 14 day period with AT&T. What should I do? I love it, but if AT&T gives me crap about returning it after the time period with Samsung doing stuff, I'm unsure where I stand.....I don't have another phone since I sold my 6s plus. I have an old Windows phone I would have to use I guess, but ugh.....

I think that if this madness actually results in a 2nd recall, Samsung will make certain that the carriers must take returns outside standard time periods.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I still haven't received a new Note7. None have been sent out to Swiss customers. But if I actually do get one eventually (which is very unlikely if they recall it again - another recall will likely be final), I'll stick with it. I had mine only for a week but it was the best phone I've ever had. I'm on a 7 Plus now and find it incredibly boring. I don't have a lot of other options as the Pixel XL likely won't hit Switzerland until next year. LG has never sold the V series here, so that's no option, either. To be honest, I'm slowly getting fed up with smartphones. I might end up getting a Surface Phone and live with the handful of apps that are available for it :-/

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I still haven't received a new Note7. None have been sent out to Swiss customers. But if I actually do get one eventually (which is very unlikely if they recall it again - another recall will likely be final), I'll stick with it. I had mine only for a week but it was the best phone I've ever had. I'm on a 7 Plus now and find it incredibly boring. I don't have a lot of other options as the Pixel XL likely won't hit Switzerland until next year. LG has never sold the V series here, so that's no option, either. To be honest, I'm slowly getting fed up with smartphones. I might end up getting a Surface Phone and live with the handful of apps that are available for it :-/

Flip phone anyone? I'm thinking that's the way to go.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I love this phone, they would have to pry it out of my hands. But if they have an official second recall I would probably go back to LG for the V20. I have alternated between LG and Samsung for a number of years. I really really would miss the spen. And the camera, and so many of the cool things the phone does, can do. Hoping it is an isolated case or something else we don't know about yet, and not going to give up on the Note 7 unless forced to.

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I tempted to return mine but there are literally no phones that compare to it.

I'd rather have a 6P than the Pixel. The V20 looks nice but im sure it will have the same huge icons and not utilize the full display the way the Note 7 does with its scaling.

I had the 7 Plus amd missed a lot of the Notes feature and that 1080p display just can't justify the cash for that display.

iiLLWiiLL

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I've been on iPhones for a few years now and I'm unimpressed with the 7plus. Don't get me wrong it's a solid phone but the improvements are very underwhelming to me coming from a iPhone 6 Plus. The Note 7 draws me in for the opposite reasons. I appreciate the responses from all the Note lovers!

canonuevo

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Dont care about the other news about replacements exploding because mine is running like a champ. I have yet to feel it over heat even using fast charge. I get 6.5 hours of screen on time.

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Note 7 all the way! I just did a factory reset on my last phone (Note 4) today as I am giving it to my wife as an upgrade to her S5, and as I'm setting it up for her it's incredible to see how much faster my Note 7 really is and how much better the screen looks and how much better the phone looks overall with the edge screen and it shines in silver .
It's been a great phone for me and I have no interest in the gigantic bezeled iPhone 7's and Pixel phones which are really ugly and look outdated compared to the sleek Note 7 IMO.

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, if you can still return yours, I would. Get a used one down the road for dirt cheap. At this point, the amount of value this phone is going to lose is not worth spending $900 on it right now. I went ahead and just returned my replacement yesterday to best buy. I ordered an iPhone 7 Plus and down the road in a few months, im sure i'll find a Note 7 dirt cheap.

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Unless there is a second recall I am sticking with my replacement note7.love this phone no issues for me at all.

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm sticking with my replacement for now. It's running great and I'm pretty happy with it overall. But if there's a 2nd recall I'm moving on. Probably go with a Pixel in that case.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I can return mine but att charges a $45 restock fee unless a recall happens again. So I will probably keep it and see what happens.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nephalem42