So I've been using my new Note 7 for almost a week now. First time I am using a Samsung/android device.

Is it normal for the phone's battery to deplete from 100% to about 95% within just 3-5 minutes of regular use? Coming from an iphone, it would stay at 100% for over 30 minutes before it would deplete to just 99%. I find that within just an hour, just when I am ready to head into work, I am leaving the house with just 90% charge.

I just want to know if others experience this, is this common? I've check if there are any apps draining the battery, but there aren't.

Please help and just let me know yes or no if it happened with you for the first week of phone use.

Appreciate your feedback.
    10-06-2016 11:45 AM
    To be honest, every phone I have ever owned goes from 100% to 95% just from looking at the device sitting on my desk. I know 3rd party chargers don't always give a full charge to devices.
    Now I don't own the Note 7 so I can't comment on your specific device, just that it happens to me on all of my previous phones.
    10-06-2016 12:16 PM
    I just got the note a week ago, and I was about to post the same question. Mine does the same thing.
    10-06-2016 12:27 PM
    I believe our phones are also in doze mode when we wake up. As soon as the phone is out of doze many apps start syncing updates and what not so there's more usage then so some drain is expected initially.
    10-06-2016 01:18 PM
    I just got the note a week ago, and I was about to post the same question. Mine does the same thing.
    Thanks for replying. Any other people experiencing same problem? It will help me so I can decide whether or not to stick with the Note 7 or return it, since I still have 1 more week to return it.

Thanks
    10-06-2016 01:24 PM
    I Iose a few % every morning. At the end of the day, is the note lasting you through the day? That's what should matter most.
    10-06-2016 01:33 PM
    I Iose a few % every morning. At the end of the day, is the note lasting you through the day? That's what should matter most.
    10 hours, but sometimes by the end of the my work hours I feel that I have to charge it up in order for me to have enough battery use it at home during the evening. I do not think 10 hours is long enough? What are some people getting?

I looks as though I use up 10% battery each hour.
    10-06-2016 01:53 PM
    I notice I will lose a few percent when I take it off the charger and view content for about 10-20 minutes. One thing you might want to do (I do it once to twice a day) is run device maintenance. Settings>Device maintenance>Optimize Now and this will kill apps running in the background among other things. When that is done press the Battery icon in the lower left, on the next page click on Battery Usage then scroll down and make a note of which apps are consuming the most power. I'm getting great battery life, I took it off the charger about 6:40 this morning, it's now 11:51 am and it shows I have 20hrs and 33 min left with 81% battery charge. I've sent several text messages, read and replied to a handful of emails, browsed Facebook for about 30 minutes, twitter, internet, tracked a few packages and a few other tasks.
    10-06-2016 01:54 PM
    I notice I will lose a few percent when I take it off the charger and view content for about 10-20 minutes. One thing you might want to do (I do it once to twice a day) is run device maintenance. Settings>Device maintenance>Optimize Now and this will kill apps running in the background among other things. When that is done press the Battery icon in the lower left, on the next page click on Battery Usage then scroll down and make a note of which apps are consuming the most power. I'm getting great battery life, I took it off the charger about 6:40 this morning, it's now 11:51 am and it shows I have 20hrs and 33 min left with 81% battery charge. I've sent several text messages, read and replied to a handful of emails, browsed Facebook for about 30 minutes, twitter, internet, tracked a few packages and a few other tasks.
    See.. hearing that others are getting about 20 hours.. just baffles me as to why I'm not getting that as well. I have done what you had mentioned using the device maintenance and optimizing. I am contantly checking that to see if any improvements or battery life increases, with no avail.

Usually if I am at 80%, I will have about 8 hours left of battey life.

I even did a factory retore a few days after I got the phone and not putting all my apps back on in hopes to see if that improved, but I never got pass 10 hours of battery life.
    10-06-2016 02:12 PM
    There's a lot of variables that affect battery life such as cell reception. 10% an hour sounds like a lot. It could be a rogue app or two causing drain. I use gsam battery app to help monitor my usage and app drain. I'm avg maybe 20hrs a day with 3h45min screen on.
    10-06-2016 02:36 PM
    So I've been using my new Note 7 for almost a week now. First time I am using a Samsung/android device.

Is it normal for the phone's battery to deplete from 100% to about 95% within just 3-5 minutes of regular use? Coming from an iphone, it would stay at 100% for over 30 minutes before it would deplete to just 99%. I find that within just an hour, just when I am ready to head into work, I am leaving the house with just 90% charge.

I just want to know if others experience this, is this common? I've check if there are any apps draining the battery, but there aren't.

Please help and just let me know yes or no if it happened with you for the first week of phone use.

Appreciate your feedback.
    Totally normal on all Samsung android phones. The battery scale us not linear. You'll notice it will drain from 100 to 80 percent really fast, but from 60 to 20 percent will take song time.
    10-07-2016 10:46 AM