10-10-2016 07:38 AM
95 1234
tools
    Let me help you out. 35 notes are reported to have exploded in the WORLD. At the time, 2.5 million had been sold. If you do the math: 35/2,500,000.00= .000014x100= .0014%. And the 35 notes? Lol that's not confirmed. .014% is the chance you are dealing with lol.
    I'm just curious - you know that both that 35 number and the 2.5 million number are false. Why, weeks later, are you still repeating them?
    10-08-2016 11:50 PM
    Alright, thread has become way too heated for a proper discussion.

Temporarily closing this until we can all settle down.
    rsmin and Almeuit like this.
    10-09-2016 09:29 AM
    Going to re-open this. Please remember to follow P.U.P.P.A.H.

Thanks!
    D13H4RD2L1V3 likes this.
    10-09-2016 04:06 PM
    Going to re-open this. Please remember to follow P.U.P.P.A.H.

Thanks!
    What do those letters stand for?
    10-09-2016 04:10 PM
    10-09-2016 04:14 PM
    What do those letters stand for?
    They're in here. See below.

http://forums.mobilenations.com/rule...uidelines.html
    Aquila likes this.
    10-09-2016 04:15 PM
    I was waiting for this thread to be reopened to see what you would post
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    10-09-2016 04:17 PM
    To the OP, my sentiment exactly.

I guess I might just be a Samsung devotee of sorts. I had a good experience with the Galaxy S5, despite what Verizon had done to it, and it's generally easy to find their products (and most importantly, high-quality accessories for their products), so I wanted to try a Note. So much I was annoyed w/the 2015 Samsung line that I skipped them altogether. With no microSD card slot, the Note 5 was a non-starter, and Note 4s were unavailable.

I'm really annoyed by this. In general, the fearmongering done in the press, tech-centric and otherwise, the hasty actions of U.S. Carriers (who have way too much control over the software and updating of said software of phones), Samsung's shoddy handling of the rollout of the product in general... has taken what should have been a layup into an absolute disaster. I hold out hope for a proper resolution of this.

If I were an AT&T customer I would have ditched them for T-Mobile at this point.
    Mark Valentine likes this.
    10-09-2016 04:18 PM
    I was waiting for this thread to be reopened to see what you would post
    Breuklen and Shadowyugi like this.
    10-09-2016 04:25 PM
    But it looks like Verizon has also stopped Note 7 sales. And it wouldn't surprise me if all the carriers abandon the Note 7. In fact, they would be crazy not to as soon as possible. The first official recall was a nightmare for them as it took away from their prime objective: selling phones and plans and making money. This week's incidents are more than enough given what they just went through with the recall. And like others have said, it wouldn't surprise me that there are several more fires/explosions that we don't know about given that the first incident in Kentucky didn't become known till 4 days later and after the 2nd incident in the same state while on a plane.
    10-09-2016 04:35 PM
    It is annoying.. It was my 1st high end Samsung phone coming from LG and HTC.. People in the office loves the features of the note 7 then making jokes about it exploding after.. I hope this issue ends soon.. I just got my replacement a day ago and so far it's golden, no overheating or sluggish performance whatsoever.
    10-09-2016 04:55 PM
    It is annoying.. It was my 1st high end Samsung phone coming from LG and HTC.. People in the office loves the features of the note 7 then making jokes about it exploding after.. I hope this issue ends soon.. I just got my replacement a day ago and so far it's golden, no overheating or sluggish performance whatsoever.
    Keeping mine. Trust me. Us forum dwellers are super tiny vs the people out there. Come across a lot of peeps that don't know what's up with the note 7 and some still wanting to get the note 7. We have a lot of non note 7 owners here just stirring the pot.
    E Padilla and msndrstood like this.
    10-09-2016 05:00 PM
    Keeping mine. Trust me. Us forum dwellers are super tiny vs the people out there. Come across a lot of peeps that don't know what's up with the note 7 and some still wanting to get the note 7. We have a lot of non note 7 owners here just stirring the pot.
    I bet when the official recall drops this week you won't be keeping it.
    Breuklen likes this.
    10-09-2016 05:01 PM
    T-Mobile is still selling them as of today. Unfortunately there are people who have no idea about these phones currently having problems and will buy them.

I could understand the OP posting this when it was but it's no longer a fiasco.

Edit: Just read that T-Mobile has a stop order now to prevent sales and exchanges of the Note 7. It will disappear from their site soon then.
    10-09-2016 05:10 PM
    I bet when the official recall drops this week you won't be keeping it.
    I bet u I will.
    10-09-2016 05:13 PM
    T-Mobile is still selling them as of today. Unfortunately there are people who have no idea about these phones currently having problems and will buy them.

I could understand the OP posting this when it was but it's no longer a fiasco.
    A report just dropped that T-Mobile is actively stopping sales as well.
    10-09-2016 05:13 PM
    A report just dropped that T-Mobile is actively stopping sales as well.
    Yeah, I edited my post above as soon as I read that.
    anon(782252) likes this.
    10-09-2016 05:14 PM
    I bet u I will.
    i am keeping mine, only way i will let it go is if they disable it somehow.
    dadsterflip likes this.
    10-09-2016 05:18 PM
    i am keeping mine, only way i will let it go is if they disable it somehow.
    Probably the best decision you'll ever make.
    10-09-2016 05:22 PM
    I bet u I will.
    Did you keep the original pre-recall one or did you get a replacement?
    10-09-2016 05:22 PM
    I didn't buy a Note 7 and am annoyed as hell actually. I've had 2 snide comments from isheep fans about Samsung's exploding phones.

I am annoyed as hell that Sammy is obsessed with Apple. The N7 was rushed into production to get ahead of Apple and this is the result.

Time for new strategies and for Sammy to forge their own path and not time releases of new phones according to Apple's releases.
    10-09-2016 05:45 PM
    The N7 was rushed into production to get ahead of Apple and this is the result.
    I'm pretty sure that this isn't true. Phones take many, many months to develop (as in the Note 8 or whatever they'll end up calling it is already damn near done with all of the broad strokes confirmed) and changing the timeline to fit an arbitrary date would either not be possible or wouldn't impact quality, depending on what that change was and to which part of the cycle. This is a major reason it normally takes a full year or more for OEM's to respond to a change in the ecosystem and why they all seem to make the same changes at once. As an example, 2013/2014 saw the (slow) death of microSD, 2015 saw the death of removable batteries (LG still sticking with it!), 2016 saw the reincarnation of microSD and the elimination of dual front facing speakers, the adoption of IP ratings on flagships (yes I know the S5 exists) and the introduction of USB Type C charging ports - 2017's changes are already decided and well underway.
    10-09-2016 06:08 PM
    A final recall might be coming soon, not up to us to decide. Similarly, Samsung will just remotely cripple your device if you choose not to return it.
    10-09-2016 06:12 PM
    I'm sure this was true in fact. There have been numerous postings how Samsung heard rumours about the moderate only upgrade of the iPhone 7 and pushed all their suppliers to their limits with difficult deadlines, increased working hours etc.

Sammy needs to stop it with looking at Apple. This has been a problem for years now.
    Breuklen, Dr Claw and Shadowyugi like this.
    10-09-2016 06:16 PM
    I did read several of the articles regurgitating Bloomberg's sourceless rumor - but Bloomberg only ever cites, "according to people familiar with the matter" and "another person with direct knowledge said". This is the type of things that psuedo-journalists do when they interview each other because the actual executives from Samsung aren't providing anything juicy like this that'll grab more headlines. If Bloomberg had broken this story in February of 2016 and said, "Samsung believes Apple is going to stall, rushes production of Note 7" - and then it happened, that'd be breaking the story and believable. This issue started in August and on September 18th they come out with this rumor, again without any sources to back it up or any evidence, such as interviews with supply chain contacts, shippers, retailers, etc - that means it's almost certainly total nonsense based on a need to publish more things about the scandal rather than on any journalistic principles.

But we could try to find out - contact Verizon, T-Mobile, all the carriers, Best Buy, FedEx, UPS, etc. and ask them if Samsung gave them one date in Q1 to prep materials and logistics for the launch and then in Q2 or Q3 suddenly changed the date.
    10-09-2016 06:30 PM
95 1234