Is anybody else annoyed by the "exploding" note 7 fiasco?

raffyrafraf

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
It is annoying.. It was my 1st high end Samsung phone coming from LG and HTC.. People in the office loves the features of the note 7 then making jokes about it exploding after.. I hope this issue ends soon.. I just got my replacement a day ago and so far it's golden, no overheating or sluggish performance whatsoever.

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
It is annoying.. It was my 1st high end Samsung phone coming from LG and HTC.. People in the office loves the features of the note 7 then making jokes about it exploding after.. I hope this issue ends soon.. I just got my replacement a day ago and so far it's golden, no overheating or sluggish performance whatsoever.
Keeping mine. Trust me. Us forum dwellers are super tiny vs the people out there. Come across a lot of peeps that don't know what's up with the note 7 and some still wanting to get the note 7. We have a lot of non note 7 owners here just stirring the pot.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Keeping mine. Trust me. Us forum dwellers are super tiny vs the people out there. Come across a lot of peeps that don't know what's up with the note 7 and some still wanting to get the note 7. We have a lot of non note 7 owners here just stirring the pot.
I bet when the official recall drops this week you won't be keeping it.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
T-Mobile is still selling them as of today. Unfortunately there are people who have no idea about these phones currently having problems and will buy them.

I could understand the OP posting this when it was but it's no longer a fiasco.

Edit: Just read that T-Mobile has a stop order now to prevent sales and exchanges of the Note 7. It will disappear from their site soon then.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile is still selling them as of today. Unfortunately there are people who have no idea about these phones currently having problems and will buy them.

I could understand the OP posting this when it was but it's no longer a fiasco.
A report just dropped that T-Mobile is actively stopping sales as well.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I didn't buy a Note 7 and am annoyed as hell actually. I've had 2 snide comments from isheep fans about Samsung's exploding phones.

I am annoyed as hell that Sammy is obsessed with Apple. The N7 was rushed into production to get ahead of Apple and this is the result.

Time for new strategies and for Sammy to forge their own path and not time releases of new phones according to Apple's releases.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The N7 was rushed into production to get ahead of Apple and this is the result.

I'm pretty sure that this isn't true. Phones take many, many months to develop (as in the Note 8 or whatever they'll end up calling it is already damn near done with all of the broad strokes confirmed) and changing the timeline to fit an arbitrary date would either not be possible or wouldn't impact quality, depending on what that change was and to which part of the cycle. This is a major reason it normally takes a full year or more for OEM's to respond to a change in the ecosystem and why they all seem to make the same changes at once. As an example, 2013/2014 saw the (slow) death of microSD, 2015 saw the death of removable batteries (LG still sticking with it!), 2016 saw the reincarnation of microSD and the elimination of dual front facing speakers, the adoption of IP ratings on flagships (yes I know the S5 exists) and the introduction of USB Type C charging ports - 2017's changes are already decided and well underway.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

A final recall might be coming soon, not up to us to decide. Similarly, Samsung will just remotely cripple your device if you choose not to return it.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure this was true in fact. There have been numerous postings how Samsung heard rumours about the moderate only upgrade of the iPhone 7 and pushed all their suppliers to their limits with difficult deadlines, increased working hours etc.

Sammy needs to stop it with looking at Apple. This has been a problem for years now.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I did read several of the articles regurgitating Bloomberg's sourceless rumor - but Bloomberg only ever cites, "according to people familiar with the matter" and "another person with direct knowledge said". This is the type of things that psuedo-journalists do when they interview each other because the actual executives from Samsung aren't providing anything juicy like this that'll grab more headlines. If Bloomberg had broken this story in February of 2016 and said, "Samsung believes Apple is going to stall, rushes production of Note 7" - and then it happened, that'd be breaking the story and believable. This issue started in August and on September 18th they come out with this rumor, again without any sources to back it up or any evidence, such as interviews with supply chain contacts, shippers, retailers, etc - that means it's almost certainly total nonsense based on a need to publish more things about the scandal rather than on any journalistic principles.

But we could try to find out - contact Verizon, T-Mobile, all the carriers, Best Buy, FedEx, UPS, etc. and ask them if Samsung gave them one date in Q1 to prep materials and logistics for the launch and then in Q2 or Q3 suddenly changed the date.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I am very disappointed, I love my note.
I also wish I had of gotten a gear fit 2, before all this recall happened.
I am back to using my s5. Which is a good phone. Not sure what I will eventually choose.. but for time being, just waiting. Maybe till 8 comes out.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Is anybody else annoyed by the "exploding" note 7 fiasco?

I love the Note 7, but regardless of reasons for current events, Samsung has let it get out of control.

Will keep mine though, since no other device IMO is equal. The hardware display scaling, great display and low light pic quality alone gives the Note 7 no current equal.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I do to limit their liability. If someone wants a $900 paperweight though it's all good.

I can argue it both ways, but there are some folks who "need" the features that the Note 7 has and the market doesn't have an alternative for some of them - nothing has the same stylus report, unless the Pixel did something I don't know about, no one has their display quality - sucks to put them out in the cold. This whole situation sucks. I'm gonna say sucks again then stop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech