There is a setting for yahoo mail to allow less secure apps to sign in. When I turn this off (making it more secure) the Samsung Email app then fails to sync and I get a error notification. I'm trying to dig out what this really means as Yahoo doesn't give much detail as to what "more secure" means. I actually like Samsung Email app and didn't really want to use another email app.

Anybody else have this issue?
    10-07-2016 01:22 PM
    A number of people have noted this so far. It happened on my wife's phone as well. I think this is one of Yahoo's attempts at salvaging its security reputation after recent revelations about that huge breach a few years back, and how they've been relatively lax about security. Personally, I don't think turning that security setting on makes a whole lot of difference. If you're concerned, then you could always install the standalone Yahoo Mail app.
    10-07-2016 05:07 PM
    A number of people have noted this so far. It happened on my wife's phone as well. I think this is one of Yahoo's attempts at salvaging its security reputation after recent revelations about that huge breach a few years back, and how they've been relatively lax about security. Personally, I don't think turning that security setting on makes a whole lot of difference. If you're concerned, then you could always install the standalone Yahoo Mail app.
    I'm not too worried. I change my passwords regularly and keep track of what's logged into my yahoo account. It's just bugging me that I can't figure out what they are doing. I checked the email server settings and it is not any different from other email providers. It's the same IMAP/SMTP settings but when I turn the switch on the Samsung Email app fails to sync. I'll just leave it as is then.
    10-07-2016 07:42 PM
    This help page has more details: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN27791.html. They talk about how older email apps have an older sign-in security protocol. According to the support page, you could use your Gmail app instead of the stock Email app for that Yahoo account.
    10-07-2016 08:04 PM