10-10-2016 01:00 PM
86 1234
tools
    You won't buy the S8 Edge? That is what I worry about lol. I spend way too much on phones and computers. I'll get the S8 Edge and then in Sept or so when the Note 8 is out I'll want that and end up spending more money again.

One thing for certain is I WON'T order anymore. I returned my Note 7 and purchased the Edge and I still have not got the refund yet and Tforce tells me up to 8 weeks from when the warehouse takes my phone, yet they refunded the tax a week ago, but can't refund the rest yet? Then the 611 tells me by Oct 11th I should get the rest. I basically own two phones right now even though I only have one. I'll drive 40 miles to buy in person if I have to or get an unlocked one when best buy starts selling it.
    Since I would be waiting for the Note 8, I would go with the less expensive S7 than S8 since the S7 is still in the annual upgrade program.
    10-08-2016 02:07 PM
    What is strange is that I still the original note 7 and after the update I only get a warning when I plug in to charge it but there is no limit and it charges to 100%
    10-08-2016 02:11 PM
    For what it's worth - I went to a corporate store today to return my two Note 7's....the store manage had no clue about the refund/return "policy" Verizon started yesterday. He said he checked the "system" and found nothing. I called CS while in the store and the lady said a refund/return was in fact doable. In addition, she said all Note 7's are on "hold" and none are to be sold.

You know what that means.
    10-08-2016 02:48 PM
    Authorized At&t rep just advised me that they are authorized to accept Note 7 returns even outside of the 14 day buyer's remorse period.

A store rep from an authorized dealer advised me they are allowing people outside of BRE to return/exchange Note 7s, even if they are one of the replacements.
    10-08-2016 03:01 PM
    Authorized At&t rep just advised me that they are authorized to accept Note 7 returns even outside of the 14 day buyer's remorse period.
    What options did you choose when you called in? I think I'm done and just want to return mine. Two stores I stopped at yesterday had no idea about this new exchange policy.
    10-08-2016 04:39 PM
    Yes it's sad, but not so unexpected. Someone posted that it ain't over till the fat lady sings... well she's singing loud and clear in the tune of all carriers dropping the phone!

You never know, Samsung may decide to disable the phone completely via update... just like they disabled fully charging the orig N7... and airlines may ban it totally from flying. As much as you love the phone, you might consider dropping back down to your Note 4 and recouping your money while you can. Resale on the N7 will become zilch in a short time, not to mention... will you ever trust it not to catch fire?

Have you ever heard the legend about not renaming your boat? I wonder if it applies to flag"ships"!
    Whooooa....Samsung can disable MY PHONE completely even though I choose to keep it??
    10-08-2016 04:42 PM
    What options did you choose when you called in? I think I'm done and just want to return mine. Two stores I stopped at yesterday had no idea about this new exchange policy.
    I know I'm not AT&T, but Verizon wise, they started throwing every phone in the store at me. It was like Android dodgeball. It was either return it or exchange it, and as I need a phone for work and my side gig I walked out with one. Resting "you know what" face comes in handy, and so does the phrase "Southwest Airlines" and proffering your phone with said news article.
    10-08-2016 04:43 PM
    Whooooa....Samsung can disable MY PHONE completely even though I choose to keep it??
    I'm just guessing they can if they really wanted to stop people from using the phone. I'm sure if they plan to do it, they'll announce it just like they did for the battery charge limit update.
    10-08-2016 04:49 PM
    Yeah, the Rep I talked to in the store yesterday kind of rolled her eyes and said "did you hear about this on some blog?". I said just about every major tech site was reporting it but had no effect.
    10-08-2016 04:50 PM
    Yes they can. If it's recalled and you don't return it, they will force people too by updating them to limit battery life or turning them off eventually.
    badMojo69 likes this.
    10-08-2016 04:56 PM
    I'm sorry, my statement was a little confusing.

A store rep from an authorized dealer advised me they are allowing people outside of BRE to return/exchange Note 7s, even if they are one of the replacements.
    10-08-2016 05:15 PM
    I'm sorry, my statement was a little confusing.

Ah, okay. Thanks for clarifying. Guess I'll just have to wait until there's something from AT&T's website I can take with me to the store. Showing the, websites did nothing for my case. I'm on day 17 from when I got my replacement. That's the thing that I kinda hate. All these sites report something from the carrier but it takes a bit for it to trickle down to the stores.
    10-08-2016 05:19 PM
    10-08-2016 07:08 PM
    This is the same issue that got the cspc to recall the phone in the first place...if they find the same issue with replacements u can bet they will bring the hammer down fast and do a mandatory recall so they won't look like fools cause they were the ones that approved the replacements...If this happens this phone will not be coming back cause it will most likely go into lengthy process with the cspc to get approved and by that time S8 will be rolling out
    Ca_lvn likes this.
    10-08-2016 07:28 PM
    And another one's down, another one's down, another one bites the dust...
    10-08-2016 08:08 PM
    10-08-2016 08:15 PM
    Ha! Nice one.
    celsior360 likes this.
    10-08-2016 08:17 PM
    Afraid so. Bummer deal.
    10-08-2016 08:17 PM
    I know I'm not AT&T, but Verizon wise, they started throwing every phone in the store at me. It was like Android dodgeball. It was either return it or exchange it, and as I need a phone for work and my side gig I walked out with one. Resting "you know what" face comes in handy, and so does the phrase "Southwest Airlines" and proffering your phone with said news article.
    So what phone did you get?
    10-08-2016 08:20 PM
    If I have to fly I will turn it off.
    And if I'm on the same flight as you, I'd rather you not bring it
    21stNow likes this.
    10-08-2016 08:35 PM
    Lol good one
    10-08-2016 08:38 PM
    Well there goes Android Nougat update for those on AT&T with Note 7s.
    10-08-2016 08:43 PM
    Samsung won't voluntarily do a forced recall. I doubt providers have the right to. Government can force a US recall but Samsung will still try to sell these phones wherever they can.
    10-08-2016 09:25 PM
    I can't recommend the Note 7 anymore.
    10-09-2016 12:12 AM
    I think this has gotten way out of hand. Nobody is waiting for investigations and becoming judge and jury.

I'm just as anxious as everyone else but gosh guys wait a bit before screaming its the end of the world. Are we even sure that these devices weren't tampered with? Not to be a pessimist but people tend to enjoy the limelight even if its for a split second through dishonest means.

I do hope Sammy makes things right with the Note 7 even if the S8 needs to be pushed back. As a consumer, I wouldn't be confident in purchasing their newer technologies if they simply ditch their problem child because its not profitable.
    10-09-2016 12:32 AM
86 1234