U.S. carriers backing off Note 7

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes it's sad, but not so unexpected. Someone posted that it ain't over till the fat lady sings... well she's singing loud and clear in the tune of all carriers dropping the phone!

You never know, Samsung may decide to disable the phone completely via update... just like they disabled fully charging the orig N7... and airlines may ban it totally from flying. As much as you love the phone, you might consider dropping back down to your Note 4 and recouping your money while you can. Resale on the N7 will become zilch in a short time, not to mention... will you ever trust it not to catch fire?

Have you ever heard the legend about not renaming your boat? I wonder if it applies to flag"ships"! :cool:

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
After all the fiasco with with device, I think I'm going to get a refund and go back to the Note 4 and/or Turbo 2. I just don't have confidence with is one - I'll take some time to see what I want next.

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
So what I'm understanding from this is that AT&T will only do a swap for another phone, not a refund or cancellation of the Next plan, right?

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
My issue is that anyone could literally sabotage samsung...the guy whose phone smoked up the plane could have easily been hired by a envious company to do this...ironic that The Verge was one of the most outspoken tech sites whose currently on Apple's payroll is making such outlandish comments...

Unless more incidents occur...this should not spark another recall

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I just sold my Note 4 today.
Sheesh... talk about timing!

Too late... the damage is done. With the carriers talking about pulling the phone, the confidence of the public is shot. That's the reality... regardless if it was real or sabotage, or who writes whichever article from here on out. I honestly don't believe there's any way for Samsung to recover on the Note 7. The S8 and Note 8 better damn well have zero battery issues! It's really pitiful and sad to see!

Lobwedgephil

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
My issue is that anyone could literally sabotage samsung...the guy whose phone smoked up the plane could have easily been hired by a envious company to do this...ironic that The Verge was one of the most outspoken tech sites whose currently on Apple's payroll is making such outlandish comments...

Umm The Verge gave the Note 7 a 9.3, its highest rating even and higher then the 9 they gave the iPhone. They loved the Note 7 so I think you are way off base here.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Which unfortunately would mean no future android updates and the software versions we have now could potentially be all this phone will ever officially see....sad days for a great phone
If that was to ever happen doubtful, but that's were rooting and custom roms come in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance