How Likely Is A Second Recall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
FYI, I'm typing this message on my original N7 that I got on day 1. The replacement arrived 2 days ago. Phone has never overheated during charging nor ever got warm. Gotta show me more than 35 splodey phones vs 2 million sold. Sorry, stats don't lie...

Teamjones

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I wonder if she cause unnecessary strees on it by having it in her back pocket. You know she was sitting on it too...stress bending it.

enforcer60

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
Re: Battery fix for the Note 7

The jury is still out with these latest reports, but even if it is a 2:2,000,000 phone fail I don't see a recall is necessary.

At the end of the day the battery has been the issue... certainly change it for the Note 8

Paravoz

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Battery fix for the Note 7

They should recall the note 7 and stop all the sales and release a refresh and call it Note 6 how it should've been or Note Revive

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I agree... If this is a case of being an isolated incident, then are we going to have recall talk of every other phone that fails? An iPhone 6S+ failed in since kids pocket when he was in school last week...

If the CPSC investigated that case (which I can only assume they did) and then come to the same conclusion with the SW Note 7, what now?

If I were every other OEM, I'd be extremely troubled here. Samsung's getting killed because of this. What happens the next time a phone from another OEM goes up? Will they have to deal with the same hysterics?

Samsung is under the microscope as they had a recall - they supposedly fixed (we will see) the battery and now this replacement device does basically the same thing the recall was to fix. You don't hear about the other issues with Apple, etc because they didn't have a recall. Given all the media attention, you can bet the next device that has issues will be smeared all over.

Now if this turns out to be a replacement device that caught fire, Samsung has to fix it and with a quickness.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Unusual pressure? Like tight rear pockets every other phone withstands? Time to face reality. This is not a conspiracy of Apple terrorists

I didn't mean to imply, don't think I did, that it was a conspiracy of anyone. I just meant that I had a friend with an old LG that was in a very tight case and it overheated endlessly until he took it out of the case. Not the same, it didn't burst into flames. I just don't like coming to conclusions before there are actual facts to base it on. But I don't blame anyone if they want to bail on the phone.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
And my only point was a phone that vents due to pressure placed on it short of crushing the phone into bits is badly built. It is predictable that phones are under pressure in peoples' rear pockets. I've seen people jam phones into a rear pocket too tight to hold a handkerchief. It amazes me the screen doesn't break. Still, their phones don't burst or vent.

bable

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I'd be cool with a 4th and 5th free sd card :) If eBay gets me 200$ each then at least the exploding phone was free.

My job is much easier with an spen so I'll only be really disappointed if they recall but don't replace the phone.

thriller21

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
the replacement note 7 catching on fire on southwest airlines was a huge blow to samsung while struggling to salvage the reputation of the n7.
Unfortunately there are now reports of a second replacement n7 exploding in Taiwan in a females back pocket, sadly folks that may be the curtain call for the n7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21