How Likely Is A Second Recall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Too soon to say, depends on if the device in the plane was faulty or damaged from use. Purely speculative until then.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I am saying likely since all the Carriers are giving up refunds and or a different phone
That doesn't mean anything...carriers are just protecting their customers to the best of their ability....one incident with replacement phones should not be enough evidence for a recall...there will always be some bad apples out there in a batch of phones....

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
This isn't the first phone to catch fire. I think samsung has it under control. Let's get the facts about the phone on the plane before we react

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
😝 Banning Me from this Forum, but all those users who don't like
or can't afford to buy this Phone are feed up of all this Back
and forth of this battery event. Is time to Erase and new
account. Stop the redundancy posting on this issue

Robster33

Banned
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
That doesn't mean anything...carriers are just protecting their customers to the best of their ability....one incident with replacement phones should not be enough evidence for a recall...there will always be some bad apples out there in a batch of phones....

You worried about your Samsung shares? The first recall started with one phone, its all over red rover for the Note series.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Dude...what are you talking about? How do you get people can't afford something because they are concerned about what's going on with the phone?

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Impossible to know yet. Unlikely at this point, but any further verified incidents would skyrocket the odds quickly..

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
If one happens it will almost certainly be one way. No replacements. Near impossible to manage now in an efficient controlled manner, and carriers would want compensation.

Love the Note 7, but the news hungry public and the more than willing exaggeration tending media want some hysteria.

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Do you guys think airlines are not going to allow us to fly with Note 7s? I have a trip to China in about two weeks and I plan to bring my note 4 and 7 with me (if they do not issue a second recall).

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I say unlikely. Agree with those that say that if it does happen, it'll be only for a refund.

I also say that the thought that this would be the end of the Note series is preposterous. Even if the Note 7 was canceled, I 100,000% fully expect them to have a Note 8 next year. This will not kill a series that they've had so much success with - and the series that started the phablet market.

People seriously get a bit too dramatic over this.

IncredibleJedi

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
This isn't the first phone to catch fire. I think samsung has it under control. Let's get the facts about the phone on the plane before we react

Samsung has had little, if any, control over this recent situation, unfortunately. During the first recall, Samsung tried too much to minimize the situation, and they didn't move fast enough to resolve issues. Their communication was really slow also, to the point carriers were out of the loop and being chewed out by some people, until the CPSC stepped in.

I do agree that all the facts should be available before judgment is made. But now carriers have made the first move in anticipation of the backlash from worried folks, and in case there is another recall. Carriers are taking some risk taking these phones back before Samsung even reacts, but their reputations will grow because of this. Kudos to carriers for stepping up and at least offering exchanges and/or refunds.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I think a second recall is a waste of time. It would all but kill the already low consumer confidence in the device. If the airplane device turns out to have been a fluke they can still salvage the 7. I could see carriers dropping it or demoting it to online sales only etc. If there's no longer a demand, they won't stock it in stores, but some online and global sales are better than writing it off.

That being said, if it's another defect then they should just throw in the towel on this one.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Do you guys think airlines are not going to allow us to fly with Note 7s? I have a trip to China in about two weeks and I plan to bring my note 4 and 7 with me (if they do not issue a second recall).
I think on that front we won't know anything until CPSC/FAA announce results of their investigation. If they find it was in fact a recalled device and failed under similar circumstances to the recalled devices, they could easily ban the device if they wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.