How Likely Is A Second Recall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
You never know with technology - sometimes, with the very best of intentions, they tend to have a mind of their own. Hopefully, a second recall is not needed.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I don't care if they don't do another recall as long as they say that whatever was causing the issue is fixed. I will just make sure that I don't buy a phone older than the day they announce that.

You never know with technology - sometimes, with the very best of intentions, they tend to have a mind of their own. Hopefully, a second recall is not needed.

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't care if they do another recall as long as they say that whatever was causing the issue is fixed. I will just make sure that I don't buy a phone older than the day they announce that.
That's if you can find it for sale anywhere...

With this latest report... I now would expect another recall with full refund as early as next week and possibly removal of all stock by the carriers indefinitely - with a much longer review and testing cycle to verify that the issue has been resolved...

We are looking at months now instead of a few weeks - keep in mind CPSC also has egg on their face with this and I expect they will perform extensive review and testing now that this has happened with their previous approval also now under scrutiny... It shouldn't be lost here that they also potentially will share some of the blame here in allowing Samsung to release another faulty device after working with them directly...

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
the replacement note 7 catching on fire on southwest airlines was a huge blow to samsung while struggling to salvage the reputation of the n7.
Unfortunately there are now reports of a second replacement n7 exploding in Taiwan in a females back pocket, sadly folks that may be the curtain call for the n7.

And now a third - this one in Minnesota.

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I hope they don't recall. If they do I hope they wait until the V20 is available. There's nothing else out there I'd be interested in. Pixel... meh.

Breuklen

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Here comes the media hype back. An Iphone 6S caught fire the other day too....

California woman's iPhone explodes, catches fire - Story

90+ iPhones in a matter of weeks prompting an official recall and there would be similar "media hype." Hell there was glee after that student's phone caught fire and he admitted it already had a crack on it and it was in his back pocket (which probably means he sat on it numerous times)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol