video of replaced new Note 7 exploded and caused white smoke in the back pocket of a hair stylist

Status
Not open for further replies.

LailaAK

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
_______
UPDATE:

sorry, but I need to revise it to say that it did "explode" :( (the word used by the victim in this case) my friend just told me that the woman specifically said the new replacement Note 7 "exploded" and the loud pop freaked out her and her dog... followed by white smoke.. it's not the same as an explosive going off, of course... more like a small firecracker...
------------

copy and pasted:

"video of replaced new Note 7 caught fire in the back pocket of a hair stylist.. the incident took place yesterday in Taiwan, Province of China. the woman turned in her Note 7 and received the replacement new Note 7 at the end of September. according to my friend who sent me the link to the video, there were 6 witnesses who saw smoke coming out of the phone and yelled at the woman to take the phone out of her back pocket. the new Note 7 burned and emitted smoke for almost a minute. the woman reported no burns or any other injuries. No comments from representatives of Samsung(Taiwan, Province of China), but they claimed that they would look into the incident soon"

(video of woman speaking in Chinese, no English translating provided)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N60aTHApMg4

Last edited:

jn3wman

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: video of replaced new Note 7 caught fire in the back pocket of a hair stylist

Thank you for not saying it exploded.

LailaAK

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: video of replaced new Note 7 caught fire in the back pocket of a hair stylist

couldn't even if I wanted. based on the video, the phone did not look like it "exploded" at all... only a fire that melted the battery and the screen.

friend just sent me links to the pics of that phone: (see below)

Attachments

• 24624523451.jpg
    24624523451.jpg
    353.1 KB · Views: 248
  • 24624523452.jpg
    24624523452.jpg
    420 KB · Views: 249

LailaAK

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site

sorry, but I need to revise it to say that it did "explode" :( (the word used by the victim in this case)

my friend just told me that the woman specifically said the new replacement Note 7 "exploded" and the loud pop freaked out her and her dog... followed by white smoke...

it's not the same as an explosive going off, of course... more like a small firecracker...

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
*sighs* when is this ever going to end?! This is need to know kind of stuff but this forum seems like it's turning more into the bad stuff of the note7. Wish we could hear some dang good news. At least once in awhile😞

LailaAK

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
*sighs* when is this ever going to end?! This is need to know kind of stuff but this forum seems like it's turning more into the bad stuff of the note7. Wish we could hear some dang good news. At least once in awhile??????

I've been wondering about that as well... should people whose S7, S7 edge , or Note 7 that caught fire just keep silent and not report it? (other than getting replacements from Samsung) Or should every case be reported?

What if one of those phones ends up in a checked bag while the plane is at 35,000 feet somewhere over the Pacific or Atlantic? :(

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I've been wondering about that as well... should people whose S7, S7 edge , or Note 7 that caught fire just keep silent and not report it? (other than getting replacements from Samsung) Or should every case be reported?

What if one of those phones ends up in a checked bag while the plane is at 35,000 feet somewhere over the Pacific or Atlantic? :(

I'm not saying it shouldn't be reported. I'm just saying I wish we can get some good news. Like they miraculously figured how to fix it to where this problem wouldn't happen. Hate to see one of the best phones I've had have such bad luck🙁

LailaAK

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm not saying it shouldn't be reported. I'm just saying I wish we can get some good news. Like they miraculously figured how to fix it to where this problem wouldn't happen. Hate to see one of the best phones I've had have such bad luck������

probably not related to phones... but I had a close encounter with a medium-sized shark while swimming/snorkeling in Hawaii. I was 9 years old at the time. The shark was bigger than my bike at that time. I was not injured. The shark just brushed up against my left thigh. It was a traumatic experience, as the shark just appeared out of nowhere. The water was only slightly deeper than my shoulder and it was in the middle of the day. I have not been to the beach ever since. Not even a backyard swimming pool. (sometimes not even a hot tub) Yes, I do realize that it's a stupid fear, but I have not been able to overcome it after almost 40 years.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
probably not related to phones... but I had a close encounter with a medium-sized shark while swimming/snorkeling in Hawaii. I was 9 years old at the time. The shark was bigger than my bike at that time. I was not injured. The shark just brushed up against my left thigh. It was a traumatic experience, as the shark just appeared out of nowhere. The water was only slightly deeper than my shoulder and it was in the middle of the day. I have not been to the beach ever since. Not even a backyard swimming pool. (sometimes not even a hot tub) Yes, I do realize that it's a stupid fear, but I have not been able to overcome it after almost 40 years.

1. I'm jealous lol. Would love to go to Hawaii 2. Glad you wasn't hurt and I probably would have a heart attack if that happened to me.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok, two things here: Taiwan isn't a province of China - that's Chinese propaganda / wishful thinking. And the second: the phones sold in Taiwan and China weren't affected by the bad battery issue and there was no recall in these areas. So why is she talking about a replacement phone? Wouldn't be surprised at all if this were Chinese propaganda as well - China is known to bad-mouth foreign products to increase sales of domestic brands (Huawei etc)

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
0b044c63a9bdc57728655da9c0cb9a5c.gif

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Seems you were warned early and you took heed :)

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok, two things here: Taiwan isn't a province of China - that's Chinese propaganda / wishful thinking. And the second: the phones sold in Taiwan and China weren't affected by the bad battery issue and there was no recall in these areas. So why is she talking about a replacement phone? Wouldn't be surprised at all if this were Chinese propaganda as well - China is known to bad-mouth foreign products to increase sales of domestic brands (Huawei etc)

Darn Apple Foxconn plants!!!! :) ;)

Last edited:

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
*sighs* when is this ever going to end?! This is need to know kind of stuff but this forum seems like it's turning more into the bad stuff of the note7. Wish we could hear some dang good news. At least once in awhile😞
It's just like the media outlets. You don't hear happy stories on the news, just shootings, muggings, car jackings, etc. People love (or at least people reporting think} to hear bad news stories.
It seems that most stories will be about Samsung or Apple devices. I bet the other manufacturers out there are loving this due to potential new business. .
Hinestky7, this forum has kind of been turning me off these past few days because of all the negative redundant threads.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Ok, I argued it before that the first person in china reported had a black squared labeled "safe" phone but lets look at it from this angle...

So what if it's a Chinese/ Taiwan phone that wasn't suppose to be effected???

That means they are and have been running the exact "SAFE" battery that the rest of the world got after the recall.

So that means with the "SAFE" batterys... they don't explode while charging.... they explode while in use! :eek:

I don't make light of this issue at all because with news with AT&T possibly not selling Notes, this story has gone further than I preferred. I want a safe phone and Samsung to fix and move on... not have ATT stop selling before that.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this is the same report.

【威力版爆炸片】台灣新Note7首爆 她屁股差點開花 | 即時新聞 | 20161008 | 蘋果日報

English translation Replaced Galaxy Note 7 explodes in Taiwan: report | Society | FOCUS TAIWAN - CNA ENGLISH NEWS

"Taipei, Oct. 8 (CNA) A replacement model of the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 smartphone exploded in Taiwan on Friday while its user was walking her dog in a park, local newspaper Apple Daily reported on Saturday.

According to the report, a 26-year-old woman surnamed Lai was walking her dog in a park in Taipei when she realized smoke was spewing from her replacement Note 7, which Lai said she had picked up just 10 days ago.

Lai said she quickly pulled the phone from her jeans pocket and threw it on the ground, then waited until the smoke cleared before picking the phone up and taking it back to her workplace in her phone case, the report said.

Apple Daily cited the woman as saying that she heard a "bang" before feeling heat on her buttocks and seeing a lot of white smoke billowing from the phone after taking it out of her pocket.

The woman said she purchased a Galaxy Note 7 in August this year, and exchanged the phone for a replacement model on Sept. 27 after seeing TV reports suggesting that the Note 7 could explode, according to the article.

In a statement issued Saturday, Samsung Taiwan said it was trying to reach the customer and hoped to recall the product and further clarify the cause of the incident.

It said it could not confirm if the phone was a replacement model without looking into the matter.

The incident came just two days after an alleged replacement model of the Note 7 began smoking aboard a Southwest Airlines in the United States on Wednesday, leading the airline to evacuate passengers on the plane.

Taiwan's Consumers' Foundation urged Samsung Taiwan on Saturday to suspend all sales and replacements of the new Galaxy Note 7, because continuing to distribute the model would be like "sending bombs to consumers."

(By Christie Chen and Yang Shu-min)"

Whether after investigation this turns out to be legit or not, the continued plague of these reports can only serve to fuse the Note 7 with the stigma/label of the "burning up phone" further into peoples conscience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084