video of replaced new Note 7 exploded and caused white smoke in the back pocket of a hair stylist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breuklen

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand why so many people put smartphones
in their back pockets.(with the upper 1/3 of the phone
sticking out) Is that some kind of new fashion statement?
I see it all the time at airports and shopping malls. People
of all ages seem to carry like that. (teenagers, soccer moms,
seniors, even seen local cops carry their phones like that) :(

It bugs the hell out of me when I see that. Given how slim and compact these devices are now, it's just logical that you will damage it. I can't even count the number of times I've seen careless handling of smartphones lead to severe damage. From the sitting on it, tossing it carelessly, putting it on slippery surfaces. These are expensive mini computers. Put some care in handling the damn things.

LailaAK

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
It bugs the hell out of me when I see that. Given how slim and compact these devices are now, it's just logical that you will damage it. I can't even count the number of times I've seen careless handling of smartphones lead to severe damage. From the sitting on it, tossing it carelessly, putting it on slippery surfaces. These are expensive mini computers. Put some care in handling the damn things.

and don't even get me started on people who let their dogs play with their phones.
my sister-in-law trained her German shepherd to fetch her iPhone for her. It's
stupid and disgusting. (which is why I never borrow her iPhone covered with dried
up dog saliva :( )

then again... I guess I'm guilty of carrying my smartphone(S7 edge) to the bath
tub.. .:(

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if this is the same report.

【威力版爆炸片】台灣新Note7首爆 她屁股差點開花 | 即時新聞 | 20161008 | 蘋果日報

English translation Replaced Galaxy Note 7 explodes in Taiwan: report | Society | FOCUS TAIWAN - CNA ENGLISH NEWS

"Taipei, Oct. 8 (CNA) A replacement model of the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 smartphone exploded in Taiwan on Friday while its user was walking her dog in a park, local newspaper Apple Daily reported on Saturday.

According to the report, a 26-year-old woman surnamed Lai was walking her dog in a park in Taipei when she realized smoke was spewing from her replacement Note 7, which Lai said she had picked up just 10 days ago.

Lai said she quickly pulled the phone from her jeans pocket and threw it on the ground, then waited until the smoke cleared before picking the phone up and taking it back to her workplace in her phone case, the report said.

Apple Daily cited the woman as saying that she heard a "bang" before feeling heat on her buttocks and seeing a lot of white smoke billowing from the phone after taking it out of her pocket.

The woman said she purchased a Galaxy Note 7 in August this year, and exchanged the phone for a replacement model on Sept. 27 after seeing TV reports suggesting that the Note 7 could explode, according to the article.

In a statement issued Saturday, Samsung Taiwan said it was trying to reach the customer and hoped to recall the product and further clarify the cause of the incident.

It said it could not confirm if the phone was a replacement model without looking into the matter.

The incident came just two days after an alleged replacement model of the Note 7 began smoking aboard a Southwest Airlines in the United States on Wednesday, leading the airline to evacuate passengers on the plane.

Taiwan's Consumers' Foundation urged Samsung Taiwan on Saturday to suspend all sales and replacements of the new Galaxy Note 7, because continuing to distribute the model would be like "sending bombs to consumers."

(By Christie Chen and Yang Shu-min)"

Whether after investigation this turns out to be legit or not, the continued plague of these reports can only serve to fuse the Note 7 with the stigma/label of the "burning up phone" further into peoples conscience.

The translated link article at the bottom:
The Apple Daily report (with photos of the damaged phone) can be viewed here

Apple Daily news?
The guy who's n7 went off in a plane happened to find an iphone 7 immediately and available?
Hmmm...

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
The translated link article at the bottom:
The Apple Daily report (with photos of the damaged phone) can be viewed here

Apple Daily news?
The guy who's n7 went off in a plane happened to find an iphone 7 immediately and available?
Hmmm...
Yes. Which is strange. I mean. If that ever happened. I know I'll be stuck there for hours. Then stuck at the store for even more hours arguing with reps. But this was all done under an hour. Hmmmmmmm.

LailaAK

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Yes. Which is strange. I mean. If that ever happened. I know I'll be stuck there for hours. Then stuck at the store for even more hours arguing with reps. But this was all done under an hour. Hmmmmmmm.

A burning Note 7 is now treated like a VIP backstage pass
to rock concert... or courtside tickets to NBA finals.

What it's not good for is free upgrade to first class when you
check in for your TATL/TPAC flights... :(

Breuklen

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
A burning Note 7 is now treated like a VIP backstage pass
to rock concert... or courtside tickets to NBA finals.

What it's not good for is free upgrade to first class when you
check in for your TATL/TPAC flights... :(

He was returning home from a business trip. So either the Note 7 replacement was a business phone, or maybe the iPhone he bought was a replacement. And I'm sure that since he just replaced the recalled Note 7, he's known to AT&T and they went out their way to accommodate him. All of the carriers will do anything to satisfy customers at this point. That's why they're all allowing Note 7 replacement customers to return or exchange for another device. They're spending way too many resources on a damaged brand.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
He was returning home from a business trip. So either the Note 7 replacement was a business phone, or maybe the iPhone he bought was a replacement. And I'm sure that since he just replaced the recalled Note 7, he's known to AT&T and they went out their way to accommodate him. All of the carriers will do anything to satisfy customers at this point. That's why they're all allowing Note 7 replacement customers to return or exchange for another device. They're spending way too many resources on a damaged brand.

Apparently you missed those having trouble replacing their phones. He was extra lucky to get an iphone 7 when most carrier are on backorder. I guess AT&T is the only place to have it in stock. At an airport.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
My buddy always has his phone in his back pocket and he was getting out of his car one time and the phone caught on his leather seat and cracked the screen. Now his battery runs stupid hot all the time. He regularly hits temps in the 130s. He has a G4, I keep telling him to get a new battery. I guess he's waiting for a note 7 like experience.

Breuklen

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Apparently you missed those having trouble replacing their phones. He was extra lucky to get an iphone 7 when most carrier are on backorder. I guess AT&T is the only place to have it in stock. At an airport.

And you apparently don't realize that every circumstance is different. A business account (or even regular account) of someone that already had to replace a well known problem handset that just got off a flight that was cancelled due to a fire with the replacement. I'm sure they went out their way to accommodate him. I've seen exceptions made for less of an ordeal for customers. I've seen exceptions made for simple whining driving reps/managers batty.

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
My buddy always has his phone in his back pocket and he was getting out of his car one time and the phone caught on his leather seat and cracked the screen. Now his battery runs stupid hot all the time. He regularly hits temps in the 130s. He has a G4, I keep telling him to get a new battery. I guess he's waiting for a note 7 like experience.
Actually. G4 is an issue phone. Had a friend got upgraded to a g5 because g4 had issues of fire and battery running super hot then reboots. They had so many complains about it that they have no stock replacement of g4 and giving customer g5 instantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.