10-10-2016 10:31 PM
49 12
tools
    Sepeku is the only option.
    10-09-2016 11:43 AM
    Samsung should:

1. Be more expeditious and diligent with reported incidents and have a team in place to control the narrative rather than let the media do it for them and it escape reality.

2. Fast track a Note 8 by a few months:

1. Stereo speakers
    2. Replaceable battery with gasket seal for water resistance
    3. No glass back
    4. Drop resistance design
    5. 4K mode for VR video and web (not games, the device would melt)
    6. Less or no curve Drop design is nulled with curved glass.

Probably the only one of these that might happen is the 4K mode for video and web.
    Yes, because fast tracking the Note 7 did them so much good. For Christs sake, take your time and get it right, you've screwed up not once but now twice, make it 3 in a row with the 8 series and you can give another 25% market share to iSatan. I love my Note 7, best phone I have ever used by far, but at this point its just not worth the potential trouble and headaches. I have spent way to much time screwing with all the exchanges, and now my bill is totally screwed up, so more pain to come fixing that. I'm done with this whole experience for now and sure I am not alone. Samsung you are dead to me for quite a while.
    10-09-2016 11:48 AM
    They should know by know. Personally just bring out the note 8 before Xmas.
    Rush yet another phone to market. Yeah, that's exactly what they should do.
    10-09-2016 11:54 AM
    For starters, how about they admit they lied when explaining why the original shipments were faulty, apologize for acting aloof and insinuating that the victims were lying, then refund the full price (including tax) of any Note 7 phones and accessories that were purchased (by greenlighting a full refund through the carriers).

Then get hauled to court for negligence.
    10-09-2016 04:47 PM
    Lithium batteries are inherently volatile.

But that's why phones have a bunch of safeties built-in to reduce the chances of this occurring.

Something is definitely up with the Note 7.
    I agree.
    I'm reluctant to give this phone up again. Invested way too much into this by now. And nothing on the market compares.

But something is definitely up. One recall is bad enough. How does this happen? Can we get an unlocked version at launch and ditch the need to wait for carriers next time? If there is a next time...
    Viscomi4444 likes this.
    10-09-2016 04:57 PM
    The worst part of this is the waiting. How many more devices need to ignite before action occurs? I have been to ATT store twice, and been turned away twice. The consumer is now being asked to accept a risk we didn't bargain for when we selected this device. I feel like I am being targeted as elitist/entitled because I want to use a device like the Note 7 safely but have to settle for something else which doesn't meet my needs.
    10-09-2016 05:30 PM
    If they call it the note duos or something. Increase the ram comes preloaded with marshmallow and maybe if poss scrap gorilla glass 5. Then all the accessories would still work.?
    10-10-2016 07:21 AM
    They wouldn't call it note duos or note 7 duos. Because the phone would have to have dual sim to be considered a duos..
    10-10-2016 08:03 AM
    If they call it the note duos or something. Increase the ram comes preloaded with marshmallow and maybe if poss scrap gorilla glass 5. Then all the accessories would still work.?
    Did you see the new video from the guy who did the scratch test for Note 7? He has a new video where he explained his first test is wrong.
    10-10-2016 08:29 AM
    They should give current note users thier money back and let them keep the device... hehe..
    treedabl likes this.
    10-10-2016 09:31 AM
    What I don't understand is why there is no announcement from Samsung directed towards it's consumers that have put up with this entire fiasco and are now walking around with what may be dangerous replacement units?

I can't fathom that they are simply going to say...here, go exchange it and do nothing to try and keep us as customers even if it's for a promise or discount in the future.

At this point, if one wants to keep wireless charging and water resistance I don't see that there is any alternative other than an S7 edge but I don't want to go that route and then be left holding something I don't want if they come out with an updated 7 again a month from now.

Limbo land sucks and I am not liking them for putting me here.
    jbcatl likes this.
    10-10-2016 10:30 AM
    They need to move on from this phone ASAP. They should then fast track (not skipping on quality, ensure they are safe first) the S8 so people can start talking about a different model, this one is tainted.
    10-10-2016 10:39 AM
    I disagree that they should move on. However, whatever their action is, I'd rather they not rush. That's what got them in trouble in the first place. (and maybe the second place).
    10-10-2016 10:55 AM
    I get the distinct impression that Samsung may be in denial regarding what is happening with the replacement Note 7s. They are playing things legally safe and politically correct.
    jbcatl likes this.
    10-10-2016 11:01 AM
    Yes, because fast tracking the Note 7 did them so much good. For Christs sake, take your time and get it right, you've screwed up not once but now twice, make it 3 in a row with the 8 series and you can give another 25% market share to iSatan. I love my Note 7, best phone I have ever used by far, but at this point its just not worth the potential trouble and headaches. I have spent way to much time screwing with all the exchanges, and now my bill is totally screwed up, so more pain to come fixing that. I'm done with this whole experience for now and sure I am not alone. Samsung you are dead to me for quite a while.
    It's been said many times but people keep saying this. The note 7 wasn't fast tracked. It had basically the same release date as the note 5 did the year prior.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    10-10-2016 11:04 AM
    And you can bet lawsuits are being prepared now.....
    BustA Groove likes this.
    10-10-2016 11:06 AM
    3 free possible gifts from the samsung promos, 25 dollar discount, and you are still able to get a refund if you return the device....what more can you want from the company????....samsung has given you enough
    Yeah. A virtual headset that only works with Samsung phones, an sd card that most phones won't accept due to no slot. If I give my replacement note back, it won't be for another Samsung. So they can have those free 'gifts' back for all I care.
    10-10-2016 11:40 AM
    Yeah. A virtual headset that only works with Samsung phones, an sd card that most phones won't accept due to no slot. If I give my replacement note back, it won't be for another Samsung. So they can have those free 'gifts' back for all I care.
    The gear fit 2 watch and the 256 microsd card work perfectly well with the lg v20 ...that's where I'm going....I already sold that gear vr....vr will not be that great yet until the screen door effect is gone......
    10-10-2016 08:15 PM
    The gear fit 2 watch and the 256 microsd card work perfectly well with the lg v20 ...that's where I'm going....I already sold that gear vr....vr will not be that great yet until the screen door effect is gone......
    That keeps bouncing around in my head, but I simply have no interest in the V20. I am watching videos on youtube of all these devices, and I just don't get excited about ANY of them. The only one with any excitement is the Moto Z Force and the Pixel, but then I think of something else about those devices that sucks and the excitement vanishes as quickly as it came.
    10-10-2016 08:19 PM
    I don't know what they will do with the units currently out but... I'm gonna say... from right now they have six weeks til Thanksgiving. I really don't think they can just drop their flagship phone and say they can't fix it. If they can determine what the issue was and have a fix for it before Black Friday then they need to get it back out.

How will it look for the S8 if they don't? Consumers will worry if the design could be flawed. For all your conspiracy theorists out there, you'll have people blowing up the S8's the first few weeks it's out.

They haven't missed the holiday season which is the biggest part of the year. They can still get their flagship out and even with lowered numbers I bet they can sell more units LG did with the G5 lol. It's not a money making effort more than a face-saving effort.

And I mentioned elsewhere... only come out in White... it's a color not used in the initial release and shows everyone (on planes too) it's the newest of the new. Product cycle cut a little short but who cares... they did limited runs before I believe. They lost 4 months... still have 8.

That's my call. I think we'll know within a month. I got a phone to use in the meantime and nothing else got my interest.
    dadsterflip likes this.
    10-10-2016 08:58 PM
    I don't know what they will do with the units currently out but... I'm gonna say... from right now they have six weeks til Thanksgiving. I really don't think they can just drop their flagship phone and say they can't fix it. If they can determine what the issue was and have a fix for it before Black Friday then they need to get it back out.

How will it look for the S8 if they don't? Consumers will worry if the design could be flawed. For all your conspiracy theorists out there, you'll have people blowing up the S8's the first few weeks it's out.

They haven't missed the holiday season which is the biggest part of the year. They can still get their flagship out and even with lowered numbers I bet they can sell more units LG did with the G5 lol. It's not a money making effort more than a face-saving effort.

And I mentioned elsewhere... only come out in White... it's a color not used in the initial release and shows everyone (on planes too) it's the newest of the new. Product cycle cut a little short but who cares... they did limited runs before I believe. They lost 4 months... still have 8.

That's my call. I think we'll know within a month. I got a phone to use in the meantime and nothing else got my interest.
    That would be a complete waste of financial resources....they are better off waiting and getting a brand new phone ready for the Spring new phone releases...no one in their right mind will trust buying a note 7 at this point....it's over.....the people already assume they rushed the replacements and you are here bringing up thanksgiving for a second round of replacements and new sales......geez...I rather spend my holiday not being frustrated or dealing with this mess...
    10-10-2016 09:14 PM

I think you are pretty much on point. I just don't see them throwing a few million of these things into the garbage. They do have time to relaunch Ivan's stay in the holiday season.

The problem is that this doesn't do us any good now. V20 is still weeks away, iPhone 7 Plus is back ordered, pixel isn't available via tmo, sprint, or att.
    10-10-2016 09:18 PM
    I think I may pick up an S7 Edge.... although I am looking at the iPhone 6s Plus(AT&T iPhone 7 plus wont be in stock for a while, and I am going to China next week). I want something cheap to lease for a year then trade in for S8 or Note 8.
    10-10-2016 09:25 PM
    You can always get an Active
    My Wife has an S5 Active, and I am not impressed with it at all
    10-10-2016 10:31 PM
49 12