10-08-2016 11:00 PM
70 123
tools
    Lol to the OP so just get another phone. So much drama
    10-08-2016 11:47 AM
    The Note 7 prevents scurvy! It's THAT good.
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    10-08-2016 11:58 AM
    If applying the premise of risk here with the Note 7, how is it okay for the same concerned people to risk driving?

It makes no sense if people are worried about getting hurt or hurting others with the Note 7. Unless they do not drive or get driven. Then you got me. Traveling in tube technology?
    garyhesq1 likes this.
    10-08-2016 12:02 PM
    Why not?? Look at the V20 in this video... LG actually put in a FEATURE to eject your battery upon dropping it so that the phone does not explode with the battery (I find the price too expensive though)

Kinetic energy displacement design FTW. Shame the battery life is borderline bad. Medium to heavy users will need to use that handy replaceable battery
    10-08-2016 12:05 PM
    You couldn't hold a gun to my head to use a Iphone. The LG V20 is ok but its not a Note 7. The Pixel XL looks too much like an Iphone so thats a no. Had no issues with my initial Note 7 or its replacement. I upgrade every year so I will hang in there till next Summer and see what everyone but Apple brings to the table and upgrade.
    10-08-2016 12:07 PM
    When I ditched my MacBook I bought a cheap Asus from Best Buy. After camping on it for awhile and deciding I liked Windows 10 I bought a Surface Pro 4, and love it.
    The only reason I'd get windows is to save some money. The surface pro and a couple other Windows machines I liked cost as much as a MBP unfortunately. I'm still looking though.
    10-08-2016 12:16 PM
    Had never like a phone as much as Note 7, both in terms of looks and performance. If forced to give up, really dun know what phone to go to.
    10-08-2016 12:33 PM

I have posted in other threads that I am in firm belief that there is a witch hunt going on for Samsung, the legitimate recall opened the door for them.

IMHO, Sammy needs to look into the future of Lithium Ion batteries and see if they come up with something better. They won the fight with AMOLED displays.
    You kinda contradict yourself in those 2 sentences. You say Samsung is a victim of the media then admit Samsung needs to come up with another battery. The battery is WHY Samsung is in the spotlight with the media! No matter how well the phone functions, bad press will always override the positive if it malfunctions and nearly endangers 100s of people. Incidents on the planes are VERY serious.

More and more Incidents are happening with the REPLACEMENT Note 7s and it's happening with daily use, not just while charging now. Samsung owns this fiasco!! Unfortunately we do too

RIP NOTE 7
    10-08-2016 01:55 PM
    Obvious answer is to design and manufacture their own batteries. Safety circuitry (heat, short circuit, wrong voltage or amps from charger, etc) should have prevented these incidents and I wonder if there is a design flaw there yet to be admitted.
    10-08-2016 02:03 PM
    Obvious answer is to design and manufacture their own batteries. Safety circuitry (heat, short circuit, wrong voltage or amps from charger, etc) should have prevented these incidents and I wonder if there is a design flaw there yet to be admitted.
    The obvious answer is removable batteries. This is a non-issue if I could take out a $20 battery and put a new $20 battery in.
    10-08-2016 02:45 PM
    The obvious answer is removable batteries. This is a non-issue if I could take out a $20 battery and put a new $20 battery in.
    Agreed... But I still think they shohld make their own. Doesn't matter how cheap battery is if phone is toast
    10-08-2016 02:47 PM
    Uh... Samsung SDI is the company that made the batteries from first recall

10-08-2016 02:51 PM
    Uh... Samsung SDI is the company that made the batteries from first recall
    Then tbey have complete responsibility for faulty phones and should fix the problems in their plants.
    10-08-2016 02:53 PM
    Funny, my replacement doesn't even get warm...perfect performance....why give up a device that's actually safe imo.....i hope this time they understand that any lithium ion battery is capable of exploding. Look up iPhones and explosions .....someone will always have that faulty device that may end up exploding......if it has only occurred with 1-2 possible replacement devices in two weeks...thats normal since samsung sent out 1 million replacements....so i feel my device is still safe....
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    10-08-2016 03:12 PM
    Funny, my replacement doesn't even get warm...perfect performance....why give up a device that's actually safe imo.....i hope this time they understand that any lithium ion battery is capable of exploding. Look up iPhones and explosions .....someone will always have that faulty device that may end up exploding......if it has only occurred with 1-2 possible replacement devices in two weeks...thats normal since samsung sent out 1 million replacements....so i feel my device is still safe....
    The only actual reason to give it up is because it's overpriced and has zero resale value. Aside from potential fire hazards of course. I'd like to see them give sizable rebates to original owners on the note 8 (or any future Samsung phone) as a good will gesture
    recDNA likes this.
    10-08-2016 03:16 PM
    The only actual reason to give it up is because it's overpriced and has zero resale value. Aside from potential fire hazards of course. I'd like to see them give sizable rebates to original owners on the note 8 (or any future Samsung phone) as a good will gesture
    If you are on tmobile JUMP (unless the device truly loses complete support and the IMEI is frozen), you will not lose any of its value..
    ..as a JUMP customer I have no real worries....
    debdroid1a likes this.
    10-08-2016 03:17 PM
    I want to get another phone, but I am not the person who upgrades every six months, I take time to research and find exactly what I want, then I get it, just so happens the note 7 was exactly what I wanted, and I have been trying to get it since the day I decided it was the phone I wanted. You call it drama if you want, but I disagree. I research and compare until I find exactly what I want
    carme4 likes this.
    10-08-2016 03:29 PM
    There really aren't any other phones I'm interested in atm. I wouldn't necessarily mind going to a 7 Plus, but I don't want a phone that big. The Pixel seems ok, but not exactly great either. That and the fact I can't get the Pixel on JoD makes it a no go anyway. IF I have to leave the Note I may just go back to my Robin until something else comes along. It's a good phone. Would be a great one if the display were better.
    I read multiple reviews on the Pixel/Pixel XL and I liked it! If, and ONLY IF, I could get a full refund on the AT&T replacement Note 7, I'd buy the Pixel XL from Google and just pop my AT&T Sim Card in it. Worth trying something new for a change...
    10-08-2016 03:31 PM
    I read multiple reviews on the Pixel/Pixel Plus and I liked it! If, and ONLY IF, I could get a full refund on the AT&T replacement Note 7, I'd buy the Pixel Plus from Google and just pop my AT&T Sim Card in it. Worth trying something new for a change...
    You can get a refund.
    jamesrick80 likes this.
    10-08-2016 03:34 PM
    Bye
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    10-08-2016 03:38 PM
    You can get a refund.
    All I have seen is "return for another phone", so far!
    Jona005 likes this.
    10-08-2016 03:55 PM
    Just be careful you don't drop it... you might have an expensive snap pop on your hands

Attachment 241751

your pics are always entertaining

HA HA HA!!! Nice!
    10-08-2016 04:09 PM
    Funny how we have all this conversation and the investigation isn't even complete. How do we know this wasn't a recalled phone this guy never turned in. Why is everyone just taking his word for it? Many people probably would lie in this situation. I mean, he burns an airplane seat and i could see him trying to avoid taking heat for having a recalled phone when replacements have been out for more than long enough.
    jamesrick80 and mag44 like this.
    10-08-2016 04:14 PM
    All I have seen is "return for another phone", so far!

Just spoke to someone at my ATT corporate store regarding this. He said they just got a letter about exchanging all note 7's for any phone. I asked if this included refunds or cancelling a next plan. He stated no, only exchanges.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    10-08-2016 04:17 PM
    Funny how we have all this conversation and the investigation isn't even complete. How do we know this wasn't a recalled phone this guy never turned in. Why is everyone just taking his word for it? Many people probably would lie in this situation. I mean, he burns an airplane seat and i could see him trying to avoid taking heat for having a recalled phone when replacements have been out for more than long enough.
    The way "The Verge" instigated everything with one big right in your face article still gets to me....i think it's wrong to put absurd stories out there until everything is proven through actual facts......now everyone believes the note 7 is over...i don't think it's truly over but the branding known as "Note" is done.....
    10-08-2016 04:20 PM
70 123