10-08-2016 11:00 PM
70 123
tools
    Just spoke to someone at my ATT corporate store regarding this. He said they just got a letter about exchanging all note 7's for any phone. I asked if this included refunds or cancelling a next plan. He stated no, only exchanges.
    That REP was wrong. AT&T announced in a news release they are doing refunds as well. Even AT&T sent an internal bulletin to all stores as my friend works at one and said returns or exchanges.
    Jona005 likes this.
    10-08-2016 04:25 PM
    Until someone can prove the new Note 7s are a real danger, and not cite c-rate tabloids like Apple Daily, shady blogs, or shady reports, I will be keeping my Note 7 and using it happily and with confidence.
    jamesrick80 and dadsterflip like this.
    10-08-2016 04:25 PM
    That REP was wrong. AT&T announced in a news release they are doing refunds as well. Even AT&T sent an internal bulletin to all stores as my friend works at one and said returns or exchanges.
    This is good to know. He sounded like the same rep I talked to prior to the recall. He was wrong on my question at that time too.
    10-08-2016 04:26 PM
    Just spoke to someone at my ATT corporate store regarding this. He said they just got a letter about exchanging all note 7's for any phone. I asked if this included refunds or cancelling a next plan. He stated no, only exchanges.
    I just emailed Samsung - let's see if it does any good! Thanks for the update Jona!
    Jona005 likes this.
    10-08-2016 04:53 PM
    So after the recent problem, and now att probably not going to carry the note 7 anymore, I am finally giving up on the notion of ever having one of these phones. I have been a long time IOS user and the note 7 checked every box for what I wanted in a phone, I am so disappointed with this whole ordeal and I hope they do something great with the next line of note series. Now I need to figure out if I'm staying with iOS or going to try a different android phone. There really isn't any other android phones that spark my interest like the note did.
    Maybe you consider buying a NOTE5.?
    Its the most amazing phone out there, trully a flagship.
    recDNA and heatdissipation like this.
    10-08-2016 04:55 PM
    Until someone can prove the new Note 7s are a real danger, and not cite c-rate tabloids like Apple Daily, shady blogs, or shady reports, I will be keeping my Note 7 and using it happily and with confidence.
    rushmore likes this.
    10-08-2016 04:58 PM
    If VZW discounted them I might. 3000mah hour battery does suck though.
    10-08-2016 05:04 PM
    500mah smaller battery, weaker chipset, no sd slot, weaker low light pics, no hardware display scaling.... Nah, I'll keep the Note 7 if the society of hysteria allows Samsung to keep it going.
    From A Buick 8 likes this.
    10-08-2016 05:28 PM
    I love my note 7 .I use the s pen.nothing else out there appeals.I don't like iphones.would never use one.I could go back to my note4 if and when the note7 gets recalled again.Even then I will probably keep my note7
    10-08-2016 05:42 PM
    Do you happen to have a link to this new release? And/or, do you know when that internal bulletin went out? Just asking because my two local stores here knew nothing yesterday when I went there. I did an online chat with a rep today who also knew nothing. If your info just happened today, that would explain it. Thanks!
    10-08-2016 06:11 PM
    Moto Z FORCE is coming out with a kleenex Mod included in the sale to all Note 7 users...a free bottle of Aloe Vera also thrown in will help in the healing of burn wounds...
    10-08-2016 06:48 PM
    If you are on tmobile JUMP (unless the device truly loses complete support and the IMEI is frozen), you will not lose any of its value..
    ..as a JUMP customer I have no real worries....
    The biggest worry is the fact you have T-Mobile. LoL.
    Jaycemiskel and rushmore like this.
    10-08-2016 06:49 PM
    Does this work???

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.andro...android-att-us

Sigh...

EDIT: I want to keep the N7 because it's the first phone in a very long time that fits "me" for once... It's starting to appear that it's not going to be realistic in keeping it though...
    jimd1050 likes this.
    10-08-2016 07:45 PM
    And... We back where we started lol
    10-08-2016 07:47 PM
    I went 6sPlus proven phone and won't burn easily it just works
    10-08-2016 07:51 PM
    I don't want to start arguments between everyone, all I'm trying to say is that in my situation it is time to give up on the note 7 and figure out what other options I have. I would love to be able to buy the note 7 tomorrow with my att plan. But it's just not possible, and with everything that has happened within the last month, it's time to give up on this notion and go a different route, I said in my original post that I hope they do great things with the next note series, and I will definitely be back and trying to get one, but this particular phone is not going to happen for me right now. I'm typing this on a dying iPhone 6 Plus. There isn't much life left in this phone and I have to get another soon, it's frustrating that I can't get the phone I want, but it is what it is, and I need to find another option until the next note series is available
    10-08-2016 07:53 PM
    I love mine and want to hold on so badly but I can't get over the crappy battery life, I just can't get more than a couple hours on screen time, and all these other issues are getting old. I travel often and just don't want to deal. Actually thinking of a pixel at the moment

Had the same problem.

Download package disabler plus it's amazing.

Also, change scaling to small, this removed a ton of lag.
    10-08-2016 08:34 PM
    I came over from Verizon and I am very happy. Tmobile has been wonderful.

I travel the country and never have a problem unless I'm I'm nowheresville. My job recently gave me an iPhone 6s with Verizon and the only time it came in handy was in a Walgreens bathroom whiles I was sitting on the Kings chair. Lol. I regularly use 40gb a month.
    10-08-2016 08:38 PM
    I have been waiting to get the Note 7, but I think I will pass. I am not sure my carrier, Verizon, will even carry them any more.

Also, I heard a fire of a replacement unit happened in Taiwan today and now that government has asked for sales of the phone to be stopped in their country.
    10-08-2016 08:46 PM
    We have a lot of threads on this so going to close it down. Please use the new thread below.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...us-others.html
    10-08-2016 11:00 PM
70 123