Finally giving up on the note 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

heatdissipation

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
So after the recent problem, and now att probably not going to carry the note 7 anymore, I am finally giving up on the notion of ever having one of these phones. I have been a long time IOS user and the note 7 checked every box for what I wanted in a phone, I am so disappointed with this whole ordeal and I hope they do something great with the next line of note series. Now I need to figure out if I'm staying with iOS or going to try a different android phone. There really isn't any other android phones that spark my interest like the note did.

daiwolf

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Same here. It's either the V20 or back to iOS again. :/

I had such hopes for the note 7 I wanted to get one ever since I saw it in best buy. It sucks I hope samsung can get this fixed I really do like that phone dang it! I was so ready to go into verizonwireless pay off my note 4 and get a note 7 grrrrr hehe

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
e8b355272faad95208b642390898f3cc.gif

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm not giving up on it either. They'll have to recall it again for me to give mine back, and even then I'm not sure if I would. Only one of them has had a problem. So if they're just recalling it because they don't think it'll do well because of the bans, I'll keep mine. I still have an S7 edge so I can use that when I travel. This phone works great for me. Only way it's going back is if they tell me there's another defect.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Staying with mine unless "forced" to let go. No device compares to the Note 7, IMO. Again, can not help but notice on various forums some implying they are Note users "now" going to the iPhone, but their post history is either sparse, or they were already iPhone users.

Seems a lot of NINO posters in various forums and article comments. Those posters BTW are where most of the venom is coming from.

tclarson1

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I love mine and want to hold on so badly but I can't get over the crappy battery life, I just can't get more than a couple hours on screen time, and all these other issues are getting old. I travel often and just don't want to deal. Actually thinking of a pixel at the moment

theshaz

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Same here.

THEY CAN HAVE MY NOTE 7 WHEN THEY PRY IT FROM MY COLD, DEAD & BURNT FINGERS

This is my 4th Galaxy Note, I love the form factor and I use the S Pen. There is nothing else out there.

I have posted in other threads that I am in firm belief that there is a witch hunt going on for Samsung, the legitimate recall opened the door for them.

IMHO, Sammy needs to look into the future of Lithium Ion batteries and see if they come up with something better. They won the fight with AMOLED displays.

heatdissipation

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
I wouldn't give up on it either if I could get one, that's the problem, I can't get one, so I have to decide what my next course of action is.

weave majjik

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Between the potential ban on planes and the obvious miserable resale... I'd take vzw up on a return just to get out from underwater on the phone. I paid it off in full. I'll just go back to my Note 4, that I kept strictly as my living room remote control and wait to see what else strikes my fancy. If I would ever debate an iPhone, it wouldn't be the 7. Nothing but rehashed Samsung features there. Plus Android auto is so much better than carplay.

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
So after the recent problem, and now att probably not going to carry the note 7 anymore, I am finally giving up on the notion of ever having one of these phones. I have been a long time IOS user and the note 7 checked every box for what I wanted in a phone, I am so disappointed with this whole ordeal and I hope they do something great with the next line of note series. Now I need to figure out if I'm staying with iOS or going to try a different android phone. There really isn't any other android phones that spark my interest like the note did.
Certainly your option and understandable...

The ATT story is questionable at this point whether they drop the Note line.... There's give and take there ... ATT doesn't make phones, but they are in the business of selling them and it's not good business to simply drop one of your major suppliers...

Especially when you want to be top of the list to have priority and equal footing when the next flagship comes out from Samsung.

Add to this is potential customer impact - as there are those of us (myself included) that really like the device and are deciding to stay with the N7 to give benefit of the doubt here... I like the N7... My replacement exhibits no problems - and I don't like any of the other options ATT currently has available as an alternative..

If ATT were to force their hand here ...I'd seriously consider swapping providers at that point .. right now ATT and the other providers are doing the correct thing here and giving their customers options to return if they want...

Let Samsung and CPSC do their job to figure out the one issue reported.

cmb713

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I really like the Note 7 replacement above all other phones out now. I would switch to the S7 Edge if these were recalled again but I hope not. I really don't have much of a choice now because I'm too invested with Samsung. I have the Gear VR and Gear S2 which work great with the Note 7 - got these after dumping my iPhone 6S and latest MacBook. I like being able to have 64 gb of internal storage, retina unlock, spen and screen size. I like not having to go through a lot of hoops just to transfer files and videos to my phone like I did with the iPhone. And I like having a stupid headphone hole even if it is old school.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
There really aren't any other phones I'm interested in atm. I wouldn't necessarily mind going to a 7 Plus, but I don't want a phone that big. The Pixel seems ok, but not exactly great either. That and the fact I can't get the Pixel on JoD makes it a no go anyway. IF I have to leave the Note I may just go back to my Robin until something else comes along. It's a good phone. Would be a great one if the display were better.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I really like the Note 7 replacement above all other phones out now. I would switch to the S7 Edge if these were recalled again but I hope not. I really don't have much of a choice now because I'm too invested with Samsung. I have the Gear VR and Gear S2 which work great with the Note 7 - got these after dumping my iPhone 6S and latest MacBook. I like being able to have 64 gb of internal storage, retina unlock, spen and screen size. I like not having to go through a lot of hoops just to transfer files and videos to my phone like I did with the iPhone. And I like having a stupid headphone hole even if it is old school.

I know it's off topic, but what did you get to replace your MacBook? I'm waiting til Apple announces their updated laptops, but I might think about Windows if I'm not impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech