Finally giving up on the note 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
The only actual reason to give it up is because it's overpriced and has zero resale value. Aside from potential fire hazards of course. I'd like to see them give sizable rebates to original owners on the note 8 (or any future Samsung phone) as a good will gesture
If you are on tmobile JUMP (unless the device truly loses complete support and the IMEI is frozen), you will not lose any of its value..
..as a JUMP customer I have no real worries....

heatdissipation

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Lol to the OP so just get another phone. So much drama

I want to get another phone, but I am not the person who upgrades every six months, I take time to research and find exactly what I want, then I get it, just so happens the note 7 was exactly what I wanted, and I have been trying to get it since the day I decided it was the phone I wanted. You call it drama if you want, but I disagree. I research and compare until I find exactly what I want

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
There really aren't any other phones I'm interested in atm. I wouldn't necessarily mind going to a 7 Plus, but I don't want a phone that big. The Pixel seems ok, but not exactly great either. That and the fact I can't get the Pixel on JoD makes it a no go anyway. IF I have to leave the Note I may just go back to my Robin until something else comes along. It's a good phone. Would be a great one if the display were better.
I read multiple reviews on the Pixel/Pixel XL and I liked it! If, and ONLY IF, I could get a full refund on the AT&T replacement Note 7, I'd buy the Pixel XL from Google and just pop my AT&T Sim Card in it. Worth trying something new for a change...

Last edited:

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I read multiple reviews on the Pixel/Pixel Plus and I liked it! If, and ONLY IF, I could get a full refund on the AT&T replacement Note 7, I'd buy the Pixel Plus from Google and just pop my AT&T Sim Card in it. Worth trying something new for a change...
You can get a refund.

Mdm23

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Funny how we have all this conversation and the investigation isn't even complete. How do we know this wasn't a recalled phone this guy never turned in. Why is everyone just taking his word for it? Many people probably would lie in this situation. I mean, he burns an airplane seat and i could see him trying to avoid taking heat for having a recalled phone when replacements have been out for more than long enough.

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
All I have seen is "return for another phone", so far!

Just spoke to someone at my ATT corporate store regarding this. He said they just got a letter about exchanging all note 7's for any phone. I asked if this included refunds or cancelling a next plan. He stated no, only exchanges.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Funny how we have all this conversation and the investigation isn't even complete. How do we know this wasn't a recalled phone this guy never turned in. Why is everyone just taking his word for it? Many people probably would lie in this situation. I mean, he burns an airplane seat and i could see him trying to avoid taking heat for having a recalled phone when replacements have been out for more than long enough.
The way "The Verge" instigated everything with one big right in your face article still gets to me....i think it's wrong to put absurd stories out there until everything is proven through actual facts......now everyone believes the note 7 is over...i don't think it's truly over but the branding known as "Note" is done.....

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Just spoke to someone at my ATT corporate store regarding this. He said they just got a letter about exchanging all note 7's for any phone. I asked if this included refunds or cancelling a next plan. He stated no, only exchanges.

That REP was wrong. AT&T announced in a news release they are doing refunds as well. Even AT&T sent an internal bulletin to all stores as my friend works at one and said returns or exchanges.

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Until someone can prove the new Note 7s are a real danger, and not cite c-rate tabloids like Apple Daily, shady blogs, or shady reports, I will be keeping my Note 7 and using it happily and with confidence.

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
That REP was wrong. AT&T announced in a news release they are doing refunds as well. Even AT&T sent an internal bulletin to all stores as my friend works at one and said returns or exchanges.

This is good to know. He sounded like the same rep I talked to prior to the recall. He was wrong on my question at that time too.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I just emailed Samsung - let's see if it does any good! Thanks for the update Jona!

john_ath

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
So after the recent problem, and now att probably not going to carry the note 7 anymore, I am finally giving up on the notion of ever having one of these phones. I have been a long time IOS user and the note 7 checked every box for what I wanted in a phone, I am so disappointed with this whole ordeal and I hope they do something great with the next line of note series. Now I need to figure out if I'm staying with iOS or going to try a different android phone. There really isn't any other android phones that spark my interest like the note did.

Maybe you consider buying a NOTE5.?
Its the most amazing phone out there, trully a flagship.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Until someone can prove the new Note 7s are a real danger, and not cite c-rate tabloids like Apple Daily, shady blogs, or shady reports, I will be keeping my Note 7 and using it happily and with confidence.
0a9d9c3fefd74bb65a9abb05c5e00041.gif

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Maybe you consider buying a NOTE5.?
Its the most amazing phone out there, trully a flagship.

500mah smaller battery, weaker chipset, no sd slot, weaker low light pics, no hardware display scaling.... Nah, I'll keep the Note 7 if the society of hysteria allows Samsung to keep it going.

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I love my note 7 .I use the s pen.nothing else out there appeals.I don't like iphones.would never use one.I could go back to my note4 if and when the note7 gets recalled again.Even then I will probably keep my note7

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site

Do you happen to have a link to this new release? And/or, do you know when that internal bulletin went out? Just asking because my two local stores here knew nothing yesterday when I went there. I did an online chat with a rep today who also knew nothing. If your info just happened today, that would explain it. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca