10-08-2016 11:00 PM
58 123
tools
    The Note 7 is the Icarus of smart phones. Great screen, although it scratches. Great design, although fragile so it needs a case. Great camera. Great options for software, although it can lag and more importantly heat up like crazy. Samsung flew too close to the sun...
    10-08-2016 08:27 PM
    Here is the article and video from the source. Damn, this seems pretty legit.

Farmington Teenager: Replacement for Recalled Samsung Phone Melted in Hand | KSTP.com
    Dad even provided receipts showing it was a replacement device. Going downhill with a quickness!
    jordans0nly likes this.
    10-08-2016 08:29 PM
    Forbes Welcome

There needs to be a ban of all Samsung Note 7's. AT&T is right, and so are the other carriers these phones put their customers lives at risk. It's something they want to avoid being held liable in anyway.

Lets hope Samsung can come out with the Note 8 sooner rather than later!!!
    10-08-2016 08:30 PM
    Lets all enjoy our Note 7's for the final few days, this won't end well. And I so love this phone.
    This.

Unfortunately.

I'm quite bummed as now I'm going to deal with yet another phone store visit... Which at times is painful..

I have the Managers card from the last time I swapped out my replacement... May give him a call after a few days once the dust settles and all the stores have had time to have the info updates sent out regarding whatever the fallout will yield.

I don't like any of the devices currently available from ATT unfortunately - so may just ask for a refund and buy a Pixel or other option ...
    10-08-2016 08:32 PM
    Mark my words. By Monday the Note will be pulled from all stores and discontinued. I just hope Samsung has balls enough to admit their failure and ensure fans they are making changes to make sure all future phones are safe.
    benjamminh and jerrykur like this.
    10-08-2016 08:34 PM
    I am a fan of good tech. Zero brand loyalty. When I am on the hunt for a a new replacement gadget (phone, tablet, laptop, etc) sure I look at what is out from the current brand I own but it doesn't sway me one bit. I want the best. If I have to switch brands I will. Now if I get a bum product from a particular brand it will cause me to hesitate on anything from that manufacturer in the future (looking at you HTC/Nexus 9).
    I can't be alone in my thinking and Samsung knows this as well. I suspect we will have solid information from them first of next week.
    10-08-2016 08:37 PM
    Maybe extend the SD card and Gear VR promo to phones bought after the pre order period? I just got my Note yesterday.
    10-08-2016 08:42 PM
    I guess I am taking back my Note 7 tomorrow. This is nuts.
    10-08-2016 08:50 PM
    I can understand why you feel this way however why not wait a few more days to see what Samsung says and to confirm all these issues are indeed valid and warranted issues for Samsung ??

Good luck in your decision !
    10-08-2016 08:53 PM
    I can understand why you feel this way however why not wait a few more days to see what Samsung says and to confirm all these issues are indeed valid and warranted issues for Samsung ??

Good luck in your decision !
    Yeah, I decided to give them till Tuesday.
    10-08-2016 08:54 PM
    At this point I'm fairly certain there is only one course of action to take. Monday morning Samsung will need to face this head on and discontinue the Note 7, and the Note line as a whole. Recall the replacement devices and removing any trace of this tragic phone.

Now it's about saving their tarnished reputation. Because right now this is spiraling out of control and if they don't regain control of this by taking responsibility and moving past the Note line, they will be ruined.
    Discontinue the note line? What are you smoking?
    10-08-2016 09:00 PM
    You made a punny.
    10-08-2016 09:06 PM
    Good luck with that! At least wait until the end of the month when you have more replacement choices
    10-08-2016 09:09 PM
    Mark my words. By Monday the Note will be pulled from all stores and discontinued. I just hope Samsung has balls enough to admit their failure and ensure fans they are making changes to make sure all future phones are safe.
    Well of course they'll say that IF they are forced to have mandatory recall. No way they do it voluntarily.
    10-08-2016 09:14 PM
    I've now turned mine off. I'll hang on to it until I hear what the outcome is from the investigations though.
    10-08-2016 09:19 PM
    I'd still like to keep mine regardless but if it does get completely discontinued then I suppose they aren't going to bother with a nougat update or continuous software updates from here on in.

So I guess I'll either hand it back eventually or look to the xda community for custom Rom updates.
    10-08-2016 09:27 PM
    Reality
    10-08-2016 09:30 PM
    A Note 7! LOL!! Couldn't resist. But seriously.

10-08-2016 09:38 PM
    I'd still like to keep mine regardless but if it does get completely discontinued then I suppose they aren't going to bother with a nougat update or continuous software updates from here on in.

So I guess I'll either hand it back eventually or look to the xda community for custom Rom updates.
    How are custom ROMs on KNOX phones?
    10-08-2016 09:42 PM
    Samsung needs to take care of those impacted first obviously..

It will be very interesting to see how they react over the next few days.

If they truly want to address this issue - imho they need to offer something of significance to that "90%" if their customers that elected to stay with the device. If the N7 is ultimately pulled - they should offer options along the lines of a free upgrade to the S8/N8, etc.

AC's earlier article holds true - there is now an overall trust issue with the Samsung brand that extends far past the installed N7 user base. Stores will be now recommending to stay away from Samsung devices in general because of the perceived safety issues.
    Seriously, the sense of entitlement that people have coming out of this unfortunate ordeal is pretty sad. Expecting Samsung to "bribe" people with offers of free upgrades and gifts for staying with their brand is ludicrous. No matter what happens with the Note 7, they're still a diversified (in all facets of electronics manufacturing) multi-billion dollar company in the business to make money, not to appease people who choose to stick with their Note 7 and expect to be rewarded. They've already allowed people to triple-dip on promotions the past 6 weeks, isn't that enough? If not, people can always switch phones.
    Jad Morffier and jordans0nly like this.
    10-08-2016 09:48 PM
    How many more reports? Just 4 compared to 35 or so last time?
    10-08-2016 09:49 PM
    How are custom ROMs on KNOX phones?
    Fantastic. I've been using a fully ported Note7 Rom on my Note 4 (N910G) and it runs really well. So much so that if the Note7 does become obsolete I will seriously consider cancelling my carrier contract altogether and go back to my Note 4 with this Rom.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...e_pid=68610961
    [N910G/F/T][upated V4 ]Norma N7 full Port V4
    10-08-2016 09:50 PM
    Give it time... how many in last week.... 4? Seems to be gaining momentum... Maybe the Note 7s need to run a while to get warmed up??

How many more reports? Just 4 compared to 35 or so last time?
    10-08-2016 09:52 PM
    Here is the article and video from the source. Damn, this seems pretty legit.

Farmington Teenager: Replacement for Recalled Samsung Phone Melted in Hand | KSTP.com
    people who doubted the first two victims of the replacement
    Note 7 explosions need to apologize... there were a lot of
    nasty things posted about those two people which I won't
    repeat here. Not really sure people jumped in to defend
    Samsung first, and not defend fellow Samsung phone users.
    10-08-2016 09:56 PM
    My guess is they might kill the name, but still produce a phone that provides similar features, like the S-pen.
    10-08-2016 10:00 PM
58 123