10-08-2016 11:00 PM
58 123
tools
    This will hurt Samsung bad. Even next years flagships will take a hit.
    10-08-2016 10:04 PM
    Seriously, the sense of entitlement that people have coming out of this unfortunate ordeal is pretty sad. Expecting Samsung just to offer free gifts to "bribe" people with offers of free upgrades and gifts for staying with their brand is ludicrous. They're in it to make money and no matter what happens with the Note 7, they're still a diversified (in all facets of electronics manufacturing) multi-billion dollar company in the business to make money, not to appease people who choose to stick with their Note 7 and expect to be rewarded. They've already allowed people to triple-dip on promotions the past 6 weeks, isn't that enough? If not, people can always switch phones.
    I'm not expecting anything from Samsung... Nor do I view myself as entitled to an upgrade here...

I fully expect Samsung to do little or nothing here other than offer a refund in the event another recall is initiated.

I love this device as well...

I'm simply pointing out that arguably Note owners are some of the most loyal to Samsung... as evidenced by the number of people waiting on a resolution and willingly to extend Samsung some leeway to get it fixed.

Now, effectively Samsung delivered a defective product, and if this proves to truly be a second recall,etc., Samsung essentially lied to this loyal base of customers that they had the problem successfully resolved.

Trust is now lost with respect to the Note line, and the Samsung brand.... Fool me once shame on me, fool me twice shame on you...

Samsung now not only owes an apology to their customers, but they will have to regain their trust - there are various ways of accomplishing this... And an upgrade or at least additional credit for these customers would go a long way in potentialy retaining them. People are now evaluating moving on to other brands of phones here...
    Remy Newlander likes this.
    10-08-2016 10:08 PM
    This will hurt Samsung bad. Even next years flagships will take a hit.
    Ya, as long as any new Samsung phone burns up, this thing will come back and haunt them. And it will be hard to defend even if the reports are not true.
    10-08-2016 10:09 PM
    At this point I'm fairly certain there is only one course of action to take. Monday morning Samsung will need to face this head on and discontinue the Note 7, and the Note line as a whole. Recall the replacement devices and removing any trace of this tragic phone.

Now it's about saving their tarnished reputation. Because right now this is spiraling out of control and if they don't regain control of this by taking responsibility and moving past the Note line, they will be ruined.
    Samsung's reputation is severely damaged, especially if the two cases of recalled N7s indicate the new phones are not safe. If that is the case, there will be no good options for them. But I think what you suggest would be one of the worst options for them. If they were to discontinue even just the Note 7, they would be admitting they brought a flagship product to market that so bad they they couldn't fix it. I for one would be reluctant to buy another product from them if they did that. I think they would better off accepting that are not going to sell many of these, but fix the issues, learn from the experience, incorporate the lessons learned into future products, and take care of the customers who bought the them, the best they can.
    10-08-2016 10:10 PM
    I thought they recalled these? Or where they only certain ones that where defective?
    10-08-2016 10:18 PM
    I'm not expecting anything from Samsung... Nor do I view myself as entitled to an upgrade here...

I fully expect Samsung to do little or nothing here other than offer a refund in the event another recall is initiated.

I love this device as well...

I'm simply pointing out that arguably Note owners are some of the most loyal to Samsung... as evidenced by the number of people waiting on a resolution and willingly to extend Samsung some leeway to get it fixed.

Now, effectively Samsung delivered a defective product, and if this proves to truly be a second recall,etc., Samsung essentially lied to this loyal base of customers that they had the problem successfully resolved.

Trust is now lost with respect to the Note line, and the Samsung brand.... Fool me once shame on me, fool me twice shame on you...

Samsung now not only owes an apology to their customers, but they will have to regain their trust - there are various ways of accomplishing this... And an upgrade or at least additional credit for these customers would go a long way in potentialy retaining them. People are now evaluating moving on to other brands of phones here...
    Samsung has apologized over and over again to customers for this whole mess in official statements and also including subsidization of loaners at carriers and $25 credits to people to just turn in their phones and get a replacement (not to mention the triple-dipping on promotions). It was estimated to be a $1B process when all of it was said and done. When the S8 and the associated media hype comes out I'm sure all this stuff will be forgotten, as the new tech that Samsung will bring to the table will extinguish any hard feelings over this ordeal. Maybe not for some of the hurt "loyalists" around here but from new Samsung customers who just want the latest and greatest.
    mwake4goten likes this.
    10-08-2016 10:24 PM
    I guess I am taking back my Note 7 tomorrow. This is nuts.
    If it stresses you out, should probably should exchange it. Only you would know that. That said, if the investigations show the cases were isolated, then you might wish you had waited. I know I am going to wait until I know more, but only you know what is best for you.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    10-08-2016 10:29 PM
    We have a lot of threads on this so going to close it down. Please use the new thread below.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...us-others.html
    10-08-2016 11:00 PM
58 123