Another Note 7 replacement Burns up

Status
Not open for further replies.

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Game over man.

Whaddu we gonna doooo? Whaddddu we gonnna do?!

And with that, I'm done with 80s references today. Maybe.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
163004572b4babac661774aecfc92e10.gif

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Say it isn't so!! Gosh I hope this is not headed in a bad direction. There is literally no phone out there that compares. None. Will be like going from black tie to white ankle socks and flip flops. Ugh. I will still wait patiently and hopeful on the sidelines. :(

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
At this point I'm fairly certain there is only one course of action to take. Monday morning Samsung will need to face this head on and discontinue the Note 7, and the Note line as a whole. Recall the replacement devices and removing any trace of this tragic phone.

Now it's about saving their tarnished reputation. Because right now this is spiraling out of control and if they don't regain control of this by taking responsibility and moving past the Note line, they will be ruined.

OUGrad05

May 24, 2014
Visit site
At this point I'm fairly certain there is only one course of action to take. Monday morning Samsung will need to face this head on and discontinue the Note 7, and the Note line as a whole. Recall the replacement devices and removing any trace of this tragic phone.

Now it's about saving their tarnished reputation. Because right now this is spiraling out of control and if they don't regain control of this by taking responsibility and moving past the Note line, they will be ruined.
Apple hasn't been ruined despite significant blunders in the past. I suspect that this will hurt Samsung more than Apple but it hardly ruins Samsung on the whole. How they handle it will matter and what they do to keep customers will also matter via incentives, etc.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Look. I'm a MAJOR Samsung fan. I think their hardware is above and beyond any you'll find in the mobile world. But if they don't deal with this once and for all, I'm moving on elsewhere.

Yes this is terrible and embarrassing. But it's happened. It's how they deal with it that will make the difference.

Deal with this correctly, and I'm all over the S8. Otherwise it's LG here I come. Even though I find LG phones inferior in every way.

Status
Not open for further replies.