Another Note 7 replacement Burns up

Status
Not open for further replies.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Not suggesting anyone will do it on purpose, but how easy is it make Note 7 burn up? Like heat at the battery area directly? Or just smash something hard into it?

If able to, it would be so easy for anyone to destroy Note 7 completely, just by burning up more Note 7s and post pics of them on the media. It will bring Samsung to its knees regardless of whether the cases are real or not.

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Wow. Hope Samsung takes care of the kid and family for this.
Samsung needs to take care of those impacted first obviously..

It will be very interesting to see how they react over the next few days.

If they truly want to address this issue - imho they need to offer something of significance to that "90%" if their customers that elected to stay with the device. If the N7 is ultimately pulled - they should offer options along the lines of a free upgrade to the S8/N8, etc.

AC's earlier article holds true - there is now an overall trust issue with the Samsung brand that extends far past the installed N7 user base. Stores will be now recommending to stay away from Samsung devices in general because of the perceived safety issues.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Samsung needs to take care of those impacted first obviously..

It will be very interesting to see how they react over the next few days.

If they truly want to address this issue - imho they need to offer something of significance to that "90%" if their customers that elected to stay with the device. If the N7 is ultimately pulled - they should offer options along the lines of a free upgrade to the S8/N8, etc.

AC's earlier article holds true - there is now an overall trust issue with the Samsung brand that extends far past the installed N7 user base. Stores will be now recommending to stay away from Samsung devices in general because of the perceived safety issues.

Right. And all they need is one high profile case of an S7 burning someone, and people will just stop buying Samsung products in general, no matter how unfair.

Apple is simply not a factor here. This is about Samsung.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
The Note 7 is the Icarus of smart phones. Great screen, although it scratches. Great design, although fragile so it needs a case. Great camera. Great options for software, although it can lag and more importantly heat up like crazy. Samsung flew too close to the sun...

smoothrunnings

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Forbes Welcome

There needs to be a ban of all Samsung Note 7's. AT&T is right, and so are the other carriers these phones put their customers lives at risk. It's something they want to avoid being held liable in anyway.

Lets hope Samsung can come out with the Note 8 sooner rather than later!!! :)

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Lets all enjoy our Note 7's for the final few days, this won't end well. And I so love this phone.
This.

Unfortunately.

I'm quite bummed as now I'm going to deal with yet another phone store visit... Which at times is painful..

I have the Managers card from the last time I swapped out my replacement... May give him a call after a few days once the dust settles and all the stores have had time to have the info updates sent out regarding whatever the fallout will yield.

I don't like any of the devices currently available from ATT unfortunately - so may just ask for a refund and buy a Pixel or other option ...

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Mark my words. By Monday the Note will be pulled from all stores and discontinued. I just hope Samsung has balls enough to admit their failure and ensure fans they are making changes to make sure all future phones are safe.

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I am a fan of good tech. Zero brand loyalty. When I am on the hunt for a a new replacement gadget (phone, tablet, laptop, etc) sure I look at what is out from the current brand I own but it doesn't sway me one bit. I want the best. If I have to switch brands I will. Now if I get a bum product from a particular brand it will cause me to hesitate on anything from that manufacturer in the future (looking at you HTC/Nexus 9).
I can't be alone in my thinking and Samsung knows this as well. I suspect we will have solid information from them first of next week.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I guess I am taking back my Note 7 tomorrow. This is nuts.
I can understand why you feel this way however why not wait a few more days to see what Samsung says and to confirm all these issues are indeed valid and warranted issues for Samsung ??

Good luck in your decision !

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
At this point I'm fairly certain there is only one course of action to take. Monday morning Samsung will need to face this head on and discontinue the Note 7, and the Note line as a whole. Recall the replacement devices and removing any trace of this tragic phone.

Now it's about saving their tarnished reputation. Because right now this is spiraling out of control and if they don't regain control of this by taking responsibility and moving past the Note line, they will be ruined.
Discontinue the note line? What are you smoking?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Mark my words. By Monday the Note will be pulled from all stores and discontinued. I just hope Samsung has balls enough to admit their failure and ensure fans they are making changes to make sure all future phones are safe.
Well of course they'll say that IF they are forced to have mandatory recall. No way they do it voluntarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000