Say if Samsung doesn't do a 2nd recall and does decide to discontinue the note7, will I still be able to use it if I chose to?
    10-08-2016 10:24 PM
    Of course, that would just mean they are not making any more, they still have to support the ones out there... If the green battery icon is there, that's meant to be a safe device.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    10-08-2016 10:27 PM
    Say if Samsung doesn't do a 2nd recall and does decide to discontinue the note7, will I still be able to use it if I chose to?
    A recall is a serious situation...you probably can but it will be at your peril...
    Jewels81 likes this.
    10-08-2016 10:27 PM
    A recall is a serious situation...you probably can but it will be at your peril...
    I understand that. Thanks for the reply.
    10-08-2016 10:30 PM
    Of course, that would just mean they are not making any more, they still have to support the ones out there... If the green battery icon is there, that's meant to be a safe device.
    Thank you
    10-08-2016 10:31 PM
    Thank you
    Chances are if they issue this second recall, they will want all devices back(no replacements) no exceptions. Meaning it will probably be discontinued until they make a new Note.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    10-08-2016 10:41 PM
    If these two new cases prove to be 'the safe' units, I would think Samsung would recall the device AND discontinue it.

You will probably be ok, but the carriers or Samsung could disable the device. That would be extreme of course, but anything is possible. Samsung could ask the carriers to do this to avoid any future litigation. If Samsung recalls, then discontinues it, they would also be within their rights to no longer offer support for the product. At that point they would do anything they could to discourage anyone from using the phones.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    10-08-2016 10:42 PM
    Chances are if they issue this second recall, they will want all devices back(no replacements) no exceptions. Meaning it will probably be discontinued until they make a new Note.
    That be a killer to wait til next year for the note8 lol. Definitely ain't no other phone I want. I would have to go back to my note5 if need be. I couldn't do an iPhone cause i would be lost cause I've never played with one and never had the interest.
    10-08-2016 10:55 PM
    If these two new cases prove to be 'the safe' units, I would think Samsung would recall the device AND discontinue it.

You will probably be ok, but the carriers or Samsung could disable the device. That would be extreme of course, but anything is possible. Samsung could ask the carriers to do this to avoid any future litigation. If Samsung recalls, then discontinues it, they would also be within their rights to no longer offer support for the product. At that point they would do anything they could to discourage anyone from using the phones.
    Yeah. It's sad that my favorite note so far is going thru this. Such bad luck for such a great device. Well the ones that haven't caught fire or whatever.
    10-08-2016 10:57 PM
    😈 To Add to the original question by Jewels81: Just wonder if phones
    that has been discontinued..Are kept in Special dataBase by the
    manufacturers and the carriers too..Any idea posted please
    10-08-2016 10:58 PM
    We have a lot of threads on this so going to close it down. Please use the new thread below.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...us-others.html
    10-08-2016 11:00 PM