10-11-2016 09:36 AM
584 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    There must be more fires not reported to the media.

Most people don't read tech blogs or visit Android forums before buying phones. I know plenty of people who just take the words of the Verizon corporate store when deciding which phones to buy.
    There's probably many. CPSC reported over 90 cases in the initial recall and there were far fewer actual reports.
    10-09-2016 03:46 PM
    Just found out from a friend who works for AT&T that they are recalling all Note 7s that weren't sold in stores, all display media, and anything that is related to a Note 7. AT&T is no longer selling the phone period.
    I understand the frustration but that's inpatient af.

I mean, for laypeople... they'll just get an iPhone or whatever
    but this really is rough for old Note users who wanted to/needed to upgrade to the newest. Best they can do is find their current model on Swappa.
    10-09-2016 03:47 PM
    Didn't see an update on this but I called Verizon today. They said Samsung had them taken off the shelf yesterday (Sat 10/9). They are recalling the phones again but the details are not specified yet. I had not notifications on my account or emailed. She said I should expect to soon. I just purchased mine so I get to return mine for another phone with no restocking fee and $25 inconvenience charge (per the rep). As for others those details are not yet finalized.

I don't want another phones so I may power down at night and keep it in sight until they figure this out... again.
    10-09-2016 03:50 PM
    Bye bye Note 7.😢
    10-09-2016 03:50 PM
    Didn't see an update on this but I called Verizon today. They said Samsung had them taken off the shelf yesterday (Sat 10/9). They are recalling the phones again but the details are not specified yet. I had not notifications on my account or emailed. She said I should expect to soon. I just purchased mine so I get to return mine for another phone with no restocking fee and $25 inconvenience charge (per the rep). As for others those details are not yet finalized.

I don't want another phones so I may power down at night and keep it in sight until they figure this out... again.
    Well if they are definitely recalling the replacement note7 then i would have 2 note7 too send back lmao. The original recalled note7 and my replacement note7. I'm waiting for that box from verizon to send 1st one back.
    10-09-2016 03:54 PM
    Sammy screwed the pooch on this one.....
    scottishlassy likes this.
    10-09-2016 03:55 PM

I can confirm my local store pulled all note 7s from display and are no longer selling them. I cannot confirm the status of a second recall, only that my local VZW store is not selling them anymore.
    park3d likes this.

but this really is rough for old Note users who wanted to/needed to upgrade to the newest. Best they can do is find their current model on Swappa.
    You won't find a Note 7 on swappa either. They are no longer allowing people to sell them.
    You won't find a Note 7 on swappa either. They are no longer allowing people to sell them.
    I meant an old Note. Like a 3 or 4. I'd not ever buy a Note 5.
    10-09-2016 03:59 PM
    I meant an old Note. Like a 3 or 4. I'd not ever buy a Note 5.
    Hm, why's that? Mine's been great??
    10-09-2016 04:00 PM
    Hm, why's that? Mine's been great??
    No microSD card was a major dealbreaker for me w/that phone. I don't do cloud storage except for backup/certain apps, and I would rather not remove items or apps to make extra storage.
    10-09-2016 04:06 PM
    No microSD card was a major dealbreaker for me w/that phone. I don't do cloud storage except for backup/certain apps, and I would rather not remove items or apps to make extra storage.
    Ahh makes sense sir.
    10-09-2016 04:07 PM
    Well it looks like all carriers are following each other.

I suppose this will be a big news headline tomorrow.
    10-09-2016 04:10 PM
    10-09-2016 04:11 PM
    Which is why I got the 64GB Note 5. Space has not been a problem for me in the six months I have owned mine. I don't do cloud either on any phone I have and never will.
    10-09-2016 04:14 PM

It's not impatient really. Sammy took it's time investigating and did a soft recall. And only did an official recall at the insistence of the CPSC. Why? Their bottom line. It's the same with AT&T (and I'm sure the other carriers will follow suit), they are looking at their bottom line. They were already caught flat-footed by Sammy's initial recall. Miscommunication, frustration on their part, aggravated customers and expending resources not on selling devices and plans but trying to help customers because of Samsung's foulup. Why would they want to go through that again in a short period of time? They are taking the initiative and getting out in front of this new problem. Something Samsung should be doing the same. Not putting weak boilerplate and having employees scheming to slow down customers.

I can't see The CPSC not insisting on a second recall given the issues just this past week with a supposedly safe Note 7. I would encourage everyone to return their Note 7s. It's not worth risking life and limb for a phone.
    10-09-2016 04:16 PM
    I also think this will end the Note 7

The carriers wont want the headache again for the whole recall process.

Samsung needs to speed up the S8 development to get out of this mess.
    10-09-2016 04:19 PM

Speeding it up may be the worst thing they could do unless hardware changes are minimal...very minimal.
    10-09-2016 04:21 PM
    Speeding it up may be the worst thing they could do unless hardware changes are minimal...very minimal.
    True
    10-09-2016 04:22 PM

That's exactly what got them in this mess in the first place.

Hopefully they don't go the "edge only", "no bezel", "no headphone jack" route. They might as well close up shop if they do.
    10-09-2016 04:25 PM

The last thing Samsung needs to do is rush another device and have issues (small or large). Take your time Sammy and be as close to perfect as possible.
    10-09-2016 04:29 PM
    10-09-2016 04:31 PM
    UPDATED with 11 incidences found so far... I didn't think I'd be updating so often in one day...

So just to recap from all those posts recently the reported replacement phones (post recall) that have on the news... 11... in a three week period?? Did I forget any?

#1 China
    Samsung Galaxy Note 7 smartphone catches fire in China - Sep. 27, 2016

#2 Louisville/Southwest Airlines
    Replacement Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phone catches fire on Southwest plane - The Verge

#3 Taiwan

#4 Minnesota
    Alleged replacement Note 7 catches fire in Minnesota | Android Central

#5 Nicholasville, KY
    Nicholasville man injured by replacement Samsung phone

#6 S Korea Burger King

#7 (S Korea Life Eagle Park)
    https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=TZt7UBYsOb0

#8 Virginia
    A fourth replacement Galaxy Note 7 caught fire in Virginia this morning - The Verge

#9 Texas
    Samsung says it's 'working diligently' as fifth replacement Note 7 burns - The Verge

#10 Kalihi
    http://khon2.com/2016/10/09/samsung-...i-womans-hand/

#11 Hamburg, NY
    http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/local...te-7/333292813

10-09-2016 04:35 PM
    That's exactly what got them in this mess in the first place.

Hopefully they don't go the "edge only", "no bezel", "no headphone jack" route. They might as well close up shop if they do.
    How was the note 7 rushed? 12 months isn't rushed to me
    10-09-2016 04:38 PM
    So who thinks tomorrow CPSC steps in and another recall>
    10-09-2016 04:40 PM
584 ... 89101112 ...