10-11-2016 09:36 AM
584 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    I'm curious to see what Samsung's response is. I'm staying with the note unless they axe it. Perhaps they will offer some incentive to keep customers. I'd take a free S7E if the N7 gets cancelled. Might seem crazy but wouldn't be surprised if they do it.
    I really wanna see Samsung's response to this situation. I may change phones, but I really want one with similar features to the Note 7, especially waterresistance and a GIF maker would be nice since I have grown fond of that feature
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    10-09-2016 11:16 PM
    No way. It's done.
    Yup. AT&T (probably the rest, too) will not carry another "fixed" version. They are done.
    10-09-2016 11:19 PM
    Uses usb c but comes with a usb 2.0 adapter
    I'm not well educated on this lol so forvive me. But is the usb 2.0 adapter a bad thing?
    10-09-2016 11:20 PM
    the last thing I wanted to do yesterday was turn in my phone, yet I won't put co-workers or my family into worrying about my phone and if or when it might burn something. It just isn't worth that
    10-09-2016 11:23 PM
    Yup. AT&T (probably the rest, too) will not carry another "fixed" version. They are done.
    For all I know, it may live on as a super-niche device.

But in the mainstream public eyes, it's a goner.
    Joeykool and dstrauss like this.
    10-09-2016 11:24 PM
    I thought they said it was temporary until Samsung makes a move or will they never carry it anymore?
    10-09-2016 11:26 PM
    I'm not well educated on this lol so forvive me. But is the usb 2.0 adapter a bad thing?
    Slower charging....supposedly you can use a real usb c Qualcomm fast charger.... im keepimg my note 7s charger see if this works
    Jewels81 likes this.
    10-09-2016 11:29 PM
    I thought they said it was temporary until Samsung makes a move or will they never carry it anymore?
    For now it looks like at&t stopped supporting it indefinitely.

But it's hard to say "never" for anything. Things are changing so fast these days. who would have thought this would happen just a week ago?
    10-09-2016 11:35 PM
    I really wanna see Samsung's response to this situation. I may change phones, but I really want one with similar features to the Note 7, especially waterresistance and a GIF maker would be nice since I have grown fond of that feature
    Try AZ Screen Recorder. Does the GIF maker and more. Using it on my OnePlus phone.
    10-09-2016 11:39 PM
    They didn't say officially. But I have "people" at AT&T. They do not want the Note 7 because it has damaged their brand.

Don't shoot the messenger!
    10-09-2016 11:39 PM
    Slower charging....supposedly you can use a real usb c Qualcomm fast charger.... im keepimg my note 7s charger see if this works
    Oh gotcha. Thanks.
    10-09-2016 11:45 PM
    Try AZ Screen Recorder. Does the GIF maker and more. Using it on my OnePlus phone.
    Can it make a GIF from YouTube videos? Thats what I liked about the Note 7

They didn't say officially. But I have "people" at AT&T. They do not want the Note 7 because it has damaged their brand.

Ahhh man! Well thats no bueno...if other carriers follow as such then the Note 7 will be deadweight
    10-09-2016 11:52 PM

Ahhh man! Well thats no bueno...if other carriers follow as such then the Note 7 will be deadweight
    10-09-2016 11:52 PM
    It's made the local news here. And they got the name of the phone wrong like they did when the original recall was announced. But then they called the Note 7, the Samsung iPhone. This time this was on the screen as they reported the story.

Jewels81 likes this.
    10-09-2016 11:58 PM

I haven't heard anything from people who would know at any other carrier, but I can almost guarantee if AT&T says it's a bad phone they won't sell, the rest will follow. Samsung could sell unlocked, but I wouldn't bet on ever seeing a newer carrier model.
    10-09-2016 11:59 PM
    It's made the local news here. And they got the name of the phone wrong like they did when the original recall was announced. But then they called the Note 7, the Samsung iPhone. This time this was on the screen as they reported the story.

http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/s...009_215022.jpg
    Lol they need to get the names right before they report the stuff. Mistake yes but remember the media never wrong right? Lol. Thanks for showing this.
    smooth4lyfe likes this.
    10-10-2016 12:01 AM
    I meant to keep the Note. I love it, I know that the next phone I get whatever it is, is going to be disappointing because it isn't this phone, but Samsung halting production in the wake of the five or six reports of replacement phones burning, is too much. I live with my family, little children, and I can't justify making them paranoid about my phone. And to be honest, paranoid about it now, too. I think Samsung thought they knew what the problem was, and were wrong. I think they may actually have no idea what the problem is. I just know I'm tired of two months of drama.
    I meant to get a Note 5 but it's a pale substitute and 64 gb isn't going to do it. I am probably going to get a second refund, and hopefully Verizon won't screw me, and order a Pixel xl, the 128 gb one. I won't love it, but at least I can get on with my life.
    10-10-2016 12:02 AM

And this is why Samsung has to use precise, knowledgeable wording when they address this issue. You cannot count on the press (beyond tech sites) to get any of this right. You can't just put our any old statement and expect people to get it.

Expect Samsung's PR to be on full display the next few days. Not only do they have to appeal to their customer base and screwed over Note owners. They also have to use very careful language while also appearing to be transparent. Tightrope time.

Majored in public relations so this part fascinates me
    10-10-2016 12:10 AM
    I meant to keep the Note. I love it, I know that the next phone I get whatever it is, is going to be disappointing because it isn't this phone, but Samsung halting production in the wake of the five or six reports of replacement phones burning, is too much. I live with my family, little children, and I can't justify making them paranoid about my phone. And to be honest, paranoid about it now, too. I think Samsung thought they knew what the problem was, and were wrong. I think they may actually have no idea what the problem is. I just know I'm tired of two months of drama.
    I meant to get a Note 5 but it's a pale substitute and 64 gb isn't going to do it. I am probably going to get a second refund, and hopefully Verizon won't screw me, and order a Pixel xl, the 128 gb one. I won't love it, but at least I can get on with my life.
    I was able to do a refund and pre-order the Pixel XL (on 10/8). While the N7 was the best phone I had ever used, the obvious battery concerns far outweighed the benefits of keeping the N7. I also wanted to be able to pre-order the Pixel to have it on or right around release day. Google's store has a wait list going and some folks who pre-ordered from there already have shipping dates for mid November.

If folks are worried about the Verizon version of the Pixel, here is a little discussion on it:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...ml#post5468260
    10-10-2016 12:15 AM

Hahaha wow shows how the media is quick to report breaking news without checking the facts first probably because they wanna be the first one to report it
    10-10-2016 12:17 AM

Hahaha wow shows how the media is quick to report breaking news without checking the facts first probably because they wanna be the first one to report it
    Jewels81 likes this.
    10-10-2016 12:17 AM
    The minister at a wedding I attended a couple days ago called it the Samsung 7 lol.
    10-10-2016 12:39 AM
    AFAIK it can make a clip from anything that's on your screen. Then you can just convert it to GIF if you want. Pretty straightforward...
    10-10-2016 12:57 AM
    10-10-2016 01:03 AM
    Another Iphone burns up.

Fresno woman says her iPhone exploded and caught on fire in her bedroom | abc30.com

This is the second iPhone explosion in a week. The first was reported by a student, Darin Hlavaty, on the east coast. He said the same model started burning in his back pocket before it blew up.
    10-10-2016 01:03 AM
584 ... 1213141516 ...