Note 7 - Samsung Burning/Exploding Issue Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Sadly this forum has become loaded with Samsung haters. Not just talking about the battery issue but reading the Mods on here and the site itself plus this forum has become some kind of witch hunt against the note 7. But here are some site facts...... I made the topic of this thread say why can other companies like Apple get away with some phones catching fire and it was LESS THEN 1 MINUTE LATER CHANGED NOT TO INCLUDE ANYTHING BAD ABOUT APPLE. every time on this site the Iphone is attacked the topic changes. I have both note 7's in my house. I have the 1st and the replacement and i am getting ready to ship the 1st once back. But this site has become like the #debate on tv tonight. The attacks on Samsung and the note 7 have been targeted by many people on this site. Yes there is a problem and use note 7 users have the right to be mad at them and i hope it gets worked out. But the witch hunt by board members on here is very easy to see and targeted as if they're getting paid to put down samsung and the note 7.

Again there is a problem with this phone BUT there is also problems with others who for whatever reason are acting like they're being paid to try and bury Samsung on this site....
Please feel free to email me the details of what your accusations here are. As you're aware, this post of yours also violates forum rules, however I'm going to leave it here hoping that you'll reach out to help me to assist you in getting this resolved for you.

I can be reached at Matt.Luciano@mobilenations.com and if you'd like to copy in our Community Director, James@mobilenations.com.

Pretty close to half of our team has or had a Note 7 and we have a lathe variety of devices and we spend way too much time debating points about them amongst ourselves and within the forums. Literally none of us are being paid to do anything with any devices, let alone to go on witch hunts, etc. But I'd like details on what's driving that perception so that I can investigate and determine if we need to modify something, or explain it better or whatever else.

Mdm23

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Just a Thought

As I see all these posts and countless new threads, I wonder something. Why are people so willing to take unknown people's words and get rid of their phones? Many of the previous stories have already been proven false, so what's the deal? Why not at least wait until Samsung gives an official statement? The internet and news hungry media has really changed things in my opinion. I was a mechanic at a dealership before and people barely cared about actual life threatening safety recalls, but this phone thing has people feeling like their actually carrying a bomb in their pockets.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually hope they are halting production to say they are have found the issue, making adjustments and will resume production and sales.

This is their flagship phone... their best phone. Part of me thinks it would be an embarrassment and a greater loss of face to just kill it. They have to see it through no matter the cost.. rerelease the phone, show they will support it and do right with it to show their commitment before S8 comes out. They can extend the run date and push Note release at same time at S9 release February '18... S9 S9E and S9Pro.

Guess we'll find out soon enough what they plan to do but I hope they keep going and the carriers give it a shot once they are convinced it's really really fixed.

I am hoping for this as well for the reasons you stated but at the same time I need some closure soon. Like a lot of people here, I travel a lot for work and the first recall happened while I was away. Now I am traveling in 2 weeks again and it looks like this might happen all around the same time. I don't want to part with my Note7 but I need some stability at this point regardless of the outcome. That comment that they have halted production "temporarily" would seem to mean that they haven't given up on it yet. I'll be all over the news tomorrow or Tuesday to see what is going on. I do have a GS7e to fall back on but please no... I have to take that in to replace due to an apparent swollen battery and I was hoping to do it later.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious to see what Samsung's response is. I'm staying with the note unless they axe it. Perhaps they will offer some incentive to keep customers. I'd take a free S7E if the N7 gets cancelled. Might seem crazy but wouldn't be surprised if they do it.

I really wanna see Samsung's response to this situation. I may change phones, but I really want one with similar features to the Note 7, especially waterresistance and a GIF maker would be nice since I have grown fond of that feature

Jean Sagarese

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Just a Thought

the last thing I wanted to do yesterday was turn in my phone, yet I won't put co-workers or my family into worrying about my phone and if or when it might burn something. It just isn't worth that

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I thought they said it was temporary until Samsung makes a move or will they never carry it anymore?

For now it looks like at&t stopped supporting it indefinitely.

But it's hard to say "never" for anything. Things are changing so fast these days. who would have thought this would happen just a week ago?

acentralist

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I really wanna see Samsung's response to this situation. I may change phones, but I really want one with similar features to the Note 7, especially waterresistance and a GIF maker would be nice since I have grown fond of that feature

Try AZ Screen Recorder. Does the GIF maker and more. Using it on my OnePlus phone.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Try AZ Screen Recorder. Does the GIF maker and more. Using it on my OnePlus phone.

Can it make a GIF from YouTube videos? Thats what I liked about the Note 7

They didn't say officially. But I have "people" at AT&T. They do not want the Note 7 because it has damaged their brand.

Don't shoot the messenger!

Ahhh man! Well thats no bueno...if other carriers follow as such then the Note 7 will be deadweight

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Can it make a GIF from YouTube videos? Thats what I liked about the Note 7

They didn't say officially. But I have "people" at AT&T. They do not want the Note 7 because it has damaged their brand.

Don't shoot the messenger!

Ahhh man! Well thats no bueno...if other carriers follow as such then the Note 7 will be deadweight

MikeS1971

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
It's made the local news here. And they got the name of the phone wrong like they did when the original recall was announced. But then they called the Note 7, the Samsung iPhone. This time this was on the screen as they reported the story.

20161009_215022.jpg

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site

I haven't heard anything from people who would know at any other carrier, but I can almost guarantee if AT&T says it's a bad phone they won't sell, the rest will follow. Samsung could sell unlocked, but I wouldn't bet on ever seeing a newer carrier model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781