10-11-2016 09:36 AM
584 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    Ya. Yet when LG gave them what they wanted in G4, and with rather good reviews + superb camera, the sales is not even as good as G3. So I came to the conclusion that only a small group of users are repeating this same request over and over lol
    I had a G4 previous to my Note 7. The G4 is/was a giant piece of garbage. After two fires and countless warranty replacements, I'd rather slam my privates in a car door than buy another LG phone.
    10-10-2016 10:10 AM
    why not contact Amazon customer service and see what they
    can do to help you out?

in my personal experience, Amazon is very understanding when
    it comes to stuff like this....
    That's a great suggestion.....
    10-10-2016 10:11 AM
    I've never heard of iPhone users complaining/whining
    about the lack of removable batteries.
    I heard a ton of complaints in the news cycles when Apple first switched to non-removable batteries and the relatively large cost/time required to replace them. I personally don't like them after two problematic phones (Droid Razr and HTC M8) that caused me extra headaches due in part to lack of removable batteries. So for me, it's just another point of failure that can turn a phone into a fancy paperweight.
    10-10-2016 10:11 AM
    The global recall was the sept 7th one. That just says they are stopping production.... unless I am missing something?
    Wait for it you will see all carriers stopped for good, Samsung will shut it down.
    Joeykool likes this.
    10-10-2016 10:12 AM
    In fact, I'll do it when I get home and see if they'll allow me to
    return the Otterbox Defender case for my Note 7,which was
    purchased a couple of months ago.

The worst they can say is no, right? If that's the case,
    I'll then ask Otterbox if they'll take it back. If that makes me
    sound like a cheapskate.. well.. it's because I am one.
    keepnitreel and Nostromo79 like this.
    10-10-2016 10:13 AM
    I've never heard of iPhone users complaining/whining
    about the lack of removable batteries

The story is very different in the Android world. Almost
    every other week, you hear people complaining/whining
    about the lack of removable batteries on phones that
    previous had them.
    I was one of those. Drove me nuts having to walk around plugged into a battery bank. I was replacing lightning cables every 3-4 weeks due to strain relief failures. Whats maddening is its hit & miss when iOS doesn't like non-apple certified cables, so it was $15-20 every month for the 3 years I was using it.

Its different in Andoid world because we used to have much more choices. In iPhone world they NEVER even had the choice... so mentally they are pre-conditioned to tolerating life without it.
    Dr Claw and jamesrick80 like this.
    10-10-2016 10:16 AM
    The global recall was the sept 7th one. That just says they are stopping production.... unless I am missing something?
    You didn't miss nothing. Just lol
    Joeykool likes this.
    10-10-2016 10:16 AM
    The entire recall process was such a mess for the carriers I doubt they will go through it again.

They will just stop selling them altogether.

I can see the possibility of Samsung selling an unlocked version on their website, but I think its over for the carriers.
    10-10-2016 10:17 AM
    Wait for it you will see all carriers stopped for good, Samsung will shut it down.
    what worries is how Samsung handles all the returned
    or unsold Note 7 phones. I believe I read that they plan
    to "fix" the problem and sell the refurbished phones in
    third world countries... which I think is just wrong..
    10-10-2016 10:17 AM
    what worries is how Samsung handles all the returned
    or unsold Note 7 phones. I believe I read that they plan
    to "fix" the problem and sell the refurbished phones in
    third world countries... which I think is just wrong..
    I had to replace 2 time Note 7 , but for S7 Edge AT&T won't carry them no more and all the other carriers so there will be no OTA updates at all.
    10-10-2016 10:22 AM
    So what phone are you all going with ? Back to the Note 5? or??
    I'm very intrigued with the V20.

I've been visiting that section since the first recall and now it looks as if " it's meant to be " !?
    jordans0nly likes this.
    10-10-2016 10:23 AM
    Bad News Today it went Global Samsung is shutting down Note 7 for good, so everyone has to return there Note 7, so no OTA updates either.
    It's not shut down for good it's stopped to do a safety investigation until the fault is determined than Samsung will decide what they'll do
    Joeykool likes this.
    10-10-2016 10:25 AM
    Bad News Today it went Global Samsung is shutting down Note 7 for good, so everyone has to return there Note 7, so no OTA updates either.
    Embelish much? Are you one of them there Gizmodo staffers?
    10-10-2016 10:27 AM
    It's not shut down for good it's stopped to do a safety investigation until the fault is determined than Samsung will decide what they'll do
    Right but think of it this way all US carriers won't take them no more even if Samsung says it's fixed , carriers in US won't accept them no more, so what does this mean no OTA updates, and most likely Samsung will have no choice to shut it down.
    10-10-2016 10:27 AM
    I will miss my AT&T Note 7, but will get the Note 8 next year tho, so for the meantime I'll stick with S7 Edge.
    10-10-2016 10:29 AM
    I'm very intrigued with the V20.

I've been visiting that section since the first recall and now it looks as if " it's meant to be " !?
    I had a v10 and loved it... until the android update like the battery life and I was getting dropped calls and voice breaking up issues. If I have to surrender my n7...v20 it is for me
    10-10-2016 10:29 AM
    Yes they will investigate, and everything will be fine, so long live the Note 7 also people use the OEM chargers just a friendly advice lol

Posted via Android Central App
    E Padilla and dadsterflip like this.
    10-10-2016 10:34 AM
    Right but think of it this way all US carriers won't take them no more even if Samsung says it's fixed , carriers in US won't accept them no more, so what does this mean no OTA updates, and most likely Samsung will have no choice to shut it down.
    Agreed.

The carriers are done with the Note 7
    Ruben Ocasio likes this.
    10-10-2016 10:34 AM
    I'm waiting to see what Samsung's next steps will be for the Note 7. I'm willing to give them a chance to fix their mistakes since everyone seems to have given up on them.

I have time to keep my phone and I'll upgrade this phone through ATT's Next next year so I'm not too concerned about resale value now, since I know there is none. If a next recall happens, I can downgrade to my Note 5 until the new units come in. If they nix the Note 7, I'll probably have to stay on my Note 5 or join Apple until next years Note 8.

I'm pretty sure the Note 8 will probably be one hell of a device next year.
    zoomis and scottishlassy like this.
    10-10-2016 10:39 AM
    This is crazy. :/ Hopefully this is all sorted out soon.
    10-10-2016 10:40 AM
    If I have to surrender my n7...v20 it is for me
    10-10-2016 10:43 AM
    update: I just finished online chat with Amazon.com and the rep
    said I could return my Otterbox Defender case for Note 7 purchased
    back in August. I just received the UPS shipping label in my email and
    will drop it off tomorrow.

as usual, it too 2 tries. the first rep had no idea what I was talking about
    and replied in strange English.(Indian or Filipino?) The second rep knew
    about the Note 7 worldwide recall and granted my request in just a couple
    of minutes.
    Joeykool and keepnitreel like this.
    10-10-2016 10:44 AM
    Nobody can answer this question for me. How do they know what phone you have??
    Well, based on the fact that everybody seems to have their phones inches from their faces at all times, it's pretty easy to tell. (And if you don't and you're at an airline gate, chances are you must be hiding your Note 7 )
    10-10-2016 10:46 AM
    why not contact Amazon customer service and see what they
    can do to help you out? just explain to them that your had to
    return the Note 7 because it's a fire hazard after Samsung's
    recall. Ask them if you can return the Note 7 accessories.
    In fact, I'll do it when I get home and see if they'll allow me to
    return the Otterbox Defender case for my Note 7,which was
    purchased a couple of months ago.

in my personal experience, Amazon is very understanding when
    it comes to stuff like this....

I once got a refund for a $250 Optima Yellow Top car battery
    because it crapped out after 10 months. Optima refused to
    honor their warranty. I chatted with Amazon and they gave me
    $250 back.(actually, as Amazon gift card balance). That was
    before Optima changed its policy... now they do honor the
    warranty for car batteries bought from Amazon.
    I am returning a couple of cases and a screen protector to Amazon. They do make it pretty easy. Deduct for shipping, but still. You can find a Return section on their website, with how to do it.
    10-10-2016 10:47 AM
    Allnicksgone beat me to It! My opinion is people are putting note 7 in back pocket, and phone is getting squished shorting the battery. Phone does not need to be powered up for this to happen. I would pretty much say...take it to the bank!
    My son and I were discussing something similar last night. What if this is causing the phone's issues? They packed everything so tight inside the phone maybe some sort of flexing is causing an internal failure? It may not even be a battery failure. Could be that some other circuitry fails then in turn causes overheating then total failure.

I cringe every time I see someone slide their phone into the back pocket of their skinny jeans and sit down. Or girls wearing pants that look painted on and their phone is half way sticking out their back pocket because it's too tight to slide the phone any further in. It's a nice look and I'm not complaining, but I'm sure the phone doesn't appreciate it.
    dstrauss and jacques200 like this.
    10-10-2016 11:00 AM
584 ... 1617181920 ...