10-11-2016 09:36 AM
584 ... 2021222324
tools
    So, how much money is everyone going to be out over this case wise and screen protector wise? Mine totals about $100. Then having to pay for stuff for the new phone. 😩
    About $100 including a wireless charger but I might be able to use that with my next phone.
    10-10-2016 06:50 PM
    So, how much money is everyone going to be out over this case wise and screen protector wise? Mine totals about $100. Then having to pay for stuff for the new phone.
    Same here. I'll be out about $60 from cases I bought online.
    10-10-2016 06:53 PM
    Same here. I'll be out about $60 from cases I bought online.
    Luckily I just got my Note 7 and cases are still within the return date time frame. Will return my cases since I will have no need for it as I am switching back to my iphone 6s plus which I thankfully kept.

I have to use up my Samsung Rewards Visa Debit card though. Will probably use it to buy another iphone case.

So disappointed in Samsung.
    10-10-2016 07:13 PM
    https://twitter.com/Scott_Wolfson/st...330432/photo/1

New: @ElliotKayeCPSC calls on all consumers w/ replacement #GalaxyNote7 to power down, stop using, and seek refund.
    Isn't it powering down that started all these issues? Like that plane when he was powering down and caught fire?
    10-10-2016 07:22 PM
    Isn't it powering down that started all these issues? Like that plane when he was powering down and caught fire?
    Actually the guy in Kentucky that got bronchitis from the smoke happened before the plane incident so your joke is foiled again.
    10-10-2016 07:24 PM
    Actually the guy in Kentucky that got bronchitis from the smoke happened before the plane incident so your joke is foiled again.
    Bronchitis. Ain't got no time for that.
    10-10-2016 07:25 PM
    This is lights out for the Note 7

Now, will the stores know what to do or we in for mess when we go in to return this week
    I was just in a T-Mobile store and three people were exchanging/returning the Note 7, they took great care of those customers.
    10-10-2016 07:44 PM
    I was just in a T-Mobile store and three people were exchanging/returning the Note 7
    If they exchanged, do you know what they got?
    10-10-2016 07:46 PM
    If they exchanged, do you know what they got?
    Only one I paid attention to, the guy got a Galaxy S7 Edge. I only paid attention since they were near me and I was irritated that it was taking so long to transfer his photos/contacts over from the Note to the new device. I mean, who does not back that stuff up in the cloud now days?
    ggrr8t likes this.
    10-10-2016 07:54 PM
    Ok. So if I walk into a Verizon store and return my two Note 7s, do I have to purchase another phone there? I can get a S7 Edge at Best Buy for $120 cheaper ($240 savings for two phones) and a free 32" TV for each phone. I'd like to return my phones at Verizon, then drive down the street and buy the phones at best Buy and keep my numbers.
    10-10-2016 08:03 PM
    I live in the Northeast. It gets extremely cold here. I will keep my Note 7.
    10-10-2016 08:05 PM
    The Nicolasville guy had me right up until he wouldn't let Samsung have the phone to investigate. Mmm, why not? I am not saying it may not have happened, but that is a big red flag to me.
    He wouldn't let them have it so he has proof when he takes them to court. His lawyer will want an independent agent or lab to check out the phone. Smart man!
    10-10-2016 08:24 PM
    It's now happened in Hawaii. I'm glad I returned my 2 N7's.
    Samsung smartphone nearly catches fire in Kalihi woman’s hand | KHON2
    10-10-2016 08:32 PM
    Just left AT&T. Returned my Note 7, but they let me keep all of the stuff in the box. Not the stylus though. Was going to get the 7 Edge, but they didn't have any. Took it as a sign from the powers that be that I'm not to have a new phone right now. Left the store with nothing but paperwork.
    keepnitreel likes this.
    10-10-2016 08:54 PM
    Thanks Samsung for giving me over two weeks and maybe possibly 4 weeks with my replacement note 7.. it has been my buddy and I still love it....but it's not leaving my hands until I have confirmation from T-Mobile that I have a preordered lg v20 or I have picked up a lg v20 in store....still enjoying the device.....too bad the new gear vr no longer works due to the oculus update that prevents all note 7s from being able to use it....
    keepnitreel likes this.
    10-10-2016 09:23 PM
    too bad the new gear vr no longer works due to the oculus update that prevents all note 7s from being able to use it....
    Yeah that sucked!!!!
    10-10-2016 09:28 PM
    Funny how people are trying to 'argue' in keeping the phone. But, in the end, Samsung says "Power it off." They stand to lose millions, so, I think their has to be some credibility to these claims.

I think they will do a full recall, refunds etc, and cut their loses. Then they will issue updates to brick phones, because, they are not gonna to take the chance that someone who is using the phone will be injured, and sue. Wonderful phone, but, it's a phone. The S7 Edge is a great phone too. I went from a Note 4 to this. I am sure I'll be happy with the S7 Edge..
    10-10-2016 09:52 PM
    Funny how people are trying to 'argue' in keeping the phone. But, in the end, Samsung says "Power it off." They stand to lose millions, so, I think their has to be some credibility to these claims.

I think they will do a full recall, refunds etc, and cut their loses. Then they will issue updates to brick phones, because, they are not gonna to take the chance that someone who is using the phone will be injured, and sue. Wonderful phone, but, it's a phone. The S7 Edge is a great phone too. I went from a Note 4 to this. I am sure I'll be happy with the S7 Edge..
    Hey guys, so this afternoon before Samsung said the safe note 7 is a hazard to I went into best buy and exchanged it. I miss it but I am so fed up of the headache constantly and having to worry about explosion.
    I got the s7 edge in pink gold color. It was seamless besides the smart switch transfer that took a while using cable too.
    I am OK with this phone however it is nothing compared to note 7 . It will grow on me with time and now it's time to move on. What are y'all going to do keep or return?
    10-10-2016 10:27 PM

Only 32gb with S7E. I came from Note 4 as well. I really wish I held onto it. Verizon - I will pay you $125 to get one back!

Looking at LG V20 or Google Pixel XL. Ugh...I really want a Samsung phone! I don't think S7E is gonna work for me.
    10-10-2016 10:27 PM
    Thanks Samsung for giving me over two weeks and maybe possibly 4 weeks with my replacement note 7.. it has been my buddy and I still love it....but it's not leaving my hands until I have confirmation from T-Mobile that I have a preordered lg v20 or I have picked up a lg v20 in store....still enjoying the device.....too bad the new gear vr no longer works due to the oculus update that prevents all note 7s from being able to use it....
    Lol its all good cause I still have my note5 and if i read right somewhere, I can use the vr on it so I'm good. Lol.
    10-10-2016 10:34 PM
    That V20 looks pretty sweet. Still have my 7, typing this onnit right now. Was able to return my ZAGG HD screen protector to Best Buy Today and my Bodygardz to AT&T. When asked why I was returning, I said they are recalling all these phones so I should be able to return my accessories. Both said cool and give me my money back. Worth a shot if you are stuck with a few things. Phone and case will go back to Verizon in the next few days.
    10-10-2016 11:17 PM
    Thanks Samsung ..too bad the new gear vr no longer works due to the oculus update that prevents all note 7s from being able to use it....
    When did this happen ?
    10-10-2016 11:20 PM
    When did this happen ?
    There's a thread about this in this forum that says it happened today.
    10-10-2016 11:27 PM
    Just left AT&T. Returned my Note 7, but they let me keep all of the stuff in the box. Not the stylus though. Was going to get the 7 Edge, but they didn't have any. Took it as a sign from the powers that be that I'm not to have a new phone right now. Left the store with nothing but paperwork.
    It's probably for the better that you didn't get an S7 EDGE as there are tons of spontaneously combusting S7 EDGES as well. I personally don't think they're any safer than the Note7 and wouldn't be surprised at all if the next recall concerned those.
    10-10-2016 11:37 PM
    It's probably for the better that you didn't get an S7 EDGE as there are tons of spontaneously combusting S7 EDGES as well. I personally don't think they're any safer than the Note7 and wouldn't be surprised at all if the next recall concerned those.
    It's been six months now since release. If they were that at risk, I'm sure the S7/Edge would have been recalled by now. I have two S7 Edge phones and have never been worried about mine. I used the VR with one of them once when I got the free VR and it got hot but not that hot. I never used the VR again because I was not impressed with it. That's was the only time the phones get hot.
    10-10-2016 11:41 PM
584 ... 2021222324