10-11-2016 09:36 AM
584 ... 21222324
tools
    Do we have any info on the replacement N7's that have caught fire, like where they were manufactured? I know some were mfg. in China, Korea, and Vietnam. Just curious if one of these plants is the source of the defective phones.
    10-10-2016 11:43 PM
    It's been six months now since release. If they were that at risk, I'm sure the S7/Edge would have been recalled by now. I have two S7 Edge phones and have never been worried about mine. I used the VR with one of them once when I got the free VR and it got hot but not that hot. I never used the VR again because I was not impressed with it. That's was the only time the phones get hot.
    I'm sure there have been a few that have. Even Iphones as you see have a few that done that, but NOWHERE near what the Note 7 does. If the S7 had the Note7 problem there would have been hundreds of cases within the first few weeks since they sell a lot more S line phones than notes.
    10-10-2016 11:46 PM
    It's probably for the better that you didn't get an S7 EDGE as there are tons of spontaneously combusting S7 EDGES as well. I personally don't think they're any safer than the Note7 and wouldn't be surprised at all if the next recall concerned those.
    There have? I searched yesterday for any incidents prior to August 1st and couldn't find any reports.
    10-10-2016 11:48 PM
    I'm sure there have been a few that have. Even Iphones as you see have a few that done that, but NOWHERE near what the Note 7 does. If the S7 had the Note7 problem there would have been hundreds of cases within the first few weeks since they sell a lot more S line phones than notes.
    Roughly 25 million S7 & S7 Edge devices in consumer hands (combined) compared to 1 to 1.5 million Note 7 devices in consumer hands. Approx 20 times the amount of devices in the wild.
    10-10-2016 11:51 PM
    It's been six months now since release. If they were that at risk, I'm sure the S7/Edge would have been recalled by now. I have two S7 Edge phones and have never been worried about mine. I used the VR with one of them once when I got the free VR and it got hot but not that hot. I never used the VR again because I was not impressed with it. That's was the only time the phones get hot.
    10-10-2016 11:53 PM
    Roughly 25 million S7 & S7 Edge devices in consumer hands (combined) compared to 1 to 1.5 million Note 7 devices in consumer hands. Approx 20 times the amount of devices in the wild.
    Wow, that's a lot. I figured maybe 15 million combined.
    10-10-2016 11:55 PM
    There have? I searched yesterday for any incidents prior to August 1st and couldn't find any reports.
    Before August 10, there were very few reports of any phone combusting as people were probably not reporting them or because Samsung tried to keep things from escalating. In the last four weeks, however, there were 6 different reports of S7 EDGES burning / blowing up, one of them was even video-taped as it happened in a restaurant. The phone was just lying on the table as the customer was placing her order when it suddenly exploded and the restaurant had to be evacuated. With the S7 EDGEs it's the same pattern as with the Note7: phones just blowing up / burning while people aren't using them.

There have been some anecdotal reports of iPhones combusting but all of them seem to have been caused by previously damaged / repaired phones and in most cases when charging - which is the (unfortunately) 'normal' way of things going down with Li Io batteries.

Personally, I'm steering clear of Samsung phones as I'm relatively sure the S7 EDGE will be next, just from the pattern of how those things burn being exactly the same as with the Note7. Which is, to be honest, not very surprising as these phones are virtually identical inside.

I'm truly amazed at how some people can still be loyal to a company after all of this (including clear evidence that said company tried to hide the truth from the public) happening and considering that their only semi-decent alternative being affected by the same issue to some degree of likelihood. But it's not my money / house / family I guess. I used to love Samsung and I absolutely adored my Note 7 - but enough is enough. How does the saying go? Other fathers also have beautiful daughters.
    10-10-2016 11:57 PM
    I'm truly amazed at how some people can still be loyal to a company after all of this
    And they call Apple customers sheep.
    zipro and 7AndTRT like this.
    10-11-2016 12:24 AM
    I am obviously totally speculating here, but is there
    any chance that one or more disgruntled Samsung
    employees could have pulled off a sabotage on a
    few hundred Note 7 phones?

I have no problem believing that Samsung rushed
    the original Note 7 to market and missed something
    during QA. However, I find it extremely hard to
    believe that they could have allowed a replacement
    "safe" Note 7 to end up in customer hands and
    catch fire again....
    10-11-2016 12:27 AM
    If the s7 edge was a bomb too then it would not wait for 5 to 6 months to blow up. I get the lack of trust in samsung I feel it too but ya I got s7 edge today instead of my replacement note 7. I don't like look and feel of other brands ....sigh..
    10-11-2016 12:54 AM
    If the s7 edge was a bomb too then it would not wait for 5 to 6 months to blow up. I get the lack of trust in samsung I feel it too but ya I got s7 edge today instead of my replacement note 7. I don't like look and feel of other brands ....sigh..
    I know - Samsung has the only premium Android phones. As for the 5 to 6 months: we don't know when the ones that blew up were purchased. Plus people probably weren't reporting burning phones to the media before the Note 7 recall, but considering the fact that around 6 or 7 burned in the last 3-4 weeks in the US and the UK alone (just do a quick Google search), it's about the same rate as with the Note 7. Of course, we don't know what happened after they burned as the media were solely focussing on the Note 7 and probably didn't follow up on the EDGE cases.

I also find it suspicious that several people have now reported that they couldn't get an S7 EDGE from AT&T - perhaps they're also preparing a sales stop until it's clear that the S7 EDGE is deemed safe.
    10-11-2016 01:06 AM
    Have had my S7 Edge since released no problems barely warm even when wireless charging or doing any of the updates. Last temp check said 119°
    Setzer likes this.
    10-11-2016 01:14 AM

catch fire again....
    Very doubtful IMO, but I wouldn't say it couldn't happen though. I mean yes, it's possible factory workers could have tinkered with them on purpose though. Always that chance. I would think if caught though the punishment would be VERY harsh in those Asian countries for something like that. I don't know how their factory workers are treated. I could see that happening at Foxcon where they make iPhones though because of the poor conditions.
    10-11-2016 01:22 AM
    Have had my S7 Edge since released no problems barely warm even when wireless charging or doing any of the updates. Last temp check said 119°
    My wife has had hers sind June. Can't see it's been issue-free. It doesn't get hot when charging, but it has gotten too hot too hold while installing updates and while playing games.
    10-11-2016 01:50 AM
    My wife has had hers sind June. Can't see it's been issue-free. It doesn't get hot when charging, but it has gotten too hot too hold while installing updates and while playing games.
    Most of my Samsung phones have got hot when installing big updates. Overall not much issues with the Edge. My original Note 7 didn't even get that hot very often which is why I wasn't happy to depart with it. Sure it had some lag compared to the S7 edge, but overall I loved the phone. Very painful to depart. It was like breaking up with a really hot girlfriend.
    10-11-2016 01:54 AM
    Very doubtful IMO, but I wouldn't say it couldn't happen though. I mean yes, it's possible factory workers could have tinkered with them on purpose though. Always that chance. I would think if caught though the punishment would be VERY harsh in those Asian countries for something like that. I don't know how their factory workers are treated. I could see that happening at Foxcon where they make iPhones though because of the poor conditions.
    I was thinking of the top executives. Samsung is a family business.
    The struggle for power is brutal, especially when it's family... that's
    all I'm going to speculate.
    PraetorianGuard14 likes this.
    10-11-2016 02:17 AM

catch fire again....
    Totally possible to me. Dun even need to be disgruntled employees, can be anyone who just want to sabotage or appear in the media. Nothing hard to make the phone burn, take some photos/video and come up with a story to send to those news hungry websites who can't wait to be the first to report another exploding Note 7 case.

Of course it's just speculation and hard to prove anything. Samsung's just in deep s***.
    PraetorianGuard14 likes this.
    10-11-2016 02:58 AM

catch fire again....
    My thoughts too. I wouldn't be surprised if a report comes out in a year or two that confirms this.
    10-11-2016 03:00 AM
    Another report of a Note 7 catching fire, this time in New Zealand

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11727023
    10-11-2016 04:04 AM
    Luckily I still have my Note 2,4,& 5 to use until this all gets worked out.
    I have used notes since they came out and will continue to use my old ones,don't need no updates .
    I did buy LG V10 and free tablet about a year ago, nice phone but battery life is tough to get used to after a note.
    love the 8" LG tablet.
    As far as Note 7's ,turn them in folks, I was on my way to get one just as this all unfolded.
    The Note will be back....... IMHO
    10-11-2016 04:22 AM
    Wait for it you will see all carriers stopped for good, Samsung will shut it down.
    Like i said Most likely Note7 will be shut down for good, As sad as we are , Samsung is just gonna just have to move on and Keep Working on S8, The damage is done Note7 Name not many will trust it worldwide , So i think Samsung will have no choice to shut it down for good!
    10-11-2016 05:11 AM
    10-11-2016 05:51 AM
    Plus Carriers are working on deactivating all imei on all Note 7, so Note 7 will be brainless, for safety that will make everyone turn in the Note 7.
    10-11-2016 06:23 AM
    Plus Carriers are working on deactivating all imei on all Note 7, so Note 7 will be brainless, for safety that will make everyone turn in the Note 7.
    I can't imagine Samsung allowing these phones to continue to work after some point. They can't take that liability.
    10-11-2016 06:29 AM
584 ... 21222324