10-11-2016 09:36 AM
584 ... 56789 ...
tools
    For one the only one is the s7e. If I have to return my n7 then the s7e is up to the task minus the spen. At least it does the same video recording quality. May force Verizon to comp that for the trouble.
    At this point I think it will come down to doing a full out return of the Note 7, which it seems can be done no questions asked as of today...but in the future obviously if the phone is recalled. So I know I can get my money back and turn it around to purchase an Edge. I personally didn't care for the Edge but I haven't ruled it out (in other words, I'm upset about THIS situation but I'm not feeling the need to abandon Samsung forever, etc.).

...All I'm saying is that people shouldn't be demanding compensation for any lost time due to this issue as Samsung has been very apologetic and generous with their promotions/exchange/return policies in conjunction with the carriers.
    And all I'm saying is I disagree but I'm glad you are happy.
    10-09-2016 10:26 AM

...After fixing, all new units should only be available in... WHITE!
    Absolutely agree!
    10-09-2016 10:28 AM
    Eh, people are frustrated. Let them be. They have a right to be.

If Samsung grows some balls and handles this correctly (after a really bad start), wounds can be healed over time.

I said it yesterday, and I still think the best way to handled this is to remove all traces of the Note, apologize to customers, and be really transparent about the changes that are going to be made to ensure customer safety.
    I would agree to this course of action if it is discontinued and they have no real way of fixing the issues via software (it's too late for any hardware redesign at this point). I would go even one step further and treat all Note 7 IMEIs as stolen phones and work with GSMA to remotely deny service to any affected IMEI. Basically, treat all Note 7s as stolen devices in the interest of public safety. This would be the only way to ensure all Note 7 phones are off the market, new and second-hand. There will be lot of unscrupulous sellers out there that will take advantage of the situation and will try to sell them at blow-out prices if the phone is discontinued...
    10-09-2016 10:34 AM
    Right now no one got killed with a exploding Note 7. If Samsung does not ban the Note 7 and recall all units it will happen and then they it is too late and they will be done for good well at least at making smart phones.
    10-09-2016 10:39 AM
    As for me, I'm probably moving over to this phone
    As the owner of dozens of Samsung phones(including the Note 4, Note5, Note 7, S7 edge currently on my desk), I do not recommend it. The Axon 7 that I bought for $277 from Amazon was nice, but it's not ready for prime time. Yes, the screen looks nice and the phone was very responsive. However, it's clearly still a budget phone. It also doesn't work well if you have Verizon and AT&T.(depends a lot on you location... or worse, if you travel a lot from city to city) The software is 3/4-baked, especially in the radio.(even after the most recent update) That's why I had no choice to return it. I felt it was not worth it, even at the ridiculously-low $277 price that I got from Amazon. Just my $0.02.
    jordans0nly likes this.
    10-09-2016 10:39 AM
    As the owner of dozens of Samsung phones(including the Note 4, Note5, Note 7, S7 edge currently on my desk), I do not recommend it. The Axon 7 that I bought for $277 from Amazon was nice, but it's not ready for prime time. Yes, the screen looks nice and the phone was very responsive. However, it's clearly still a budget phone. It also doesn't work well if you have Verizon and AT&T.(depends a lot on you location... or worse, if you travel a lot from city to city) The software is 3/4-baked, especially in the radio.(even after the most recent update) That's why I had no choice to return it. I felt it was not worth it, even at the ridiculously-low $277 price that I got from Amazon. Just my $0.02.
    Thanks for your input.

I'm still looking at other options, but I'll check forums for the Axon.
    jordans0nly likes this.
    10-09-2016 10:41 AM
    Lets keep the discussion civil please. If there is a problem with a post then please report it so the Mod team can take a look.
    Thanks.
    Am I allowed to post names of 5 airlines(2 U.S and 3 foreign) that have been reported as totally banning Note 7 phones(old or replacement) on their planes. (not even if it's powered off... total ban as in the phone is not allowed anywhere on the plane, not carry-on , not in purses, not in checked bag) There were several that started yesterday and today(Sunday), as reported by CNN this morning.
    tonyr6 likes this.
    10-09-2016 10:42 AM
    I just don't know what I would get if the N7 is taken off the market. My big "needs" are water resistance, camera, spen, fingerprint/iris and wireless charging. I have really become quite fond of the curved edges too. Gosh that Pixel has such a big chin and what in the heck is going on with the back? UGLY!

I guess I would get a throw down phone (traded in my N4 for the N7) until the new Notes come out.

Oh well, off to brunch and some football watching. Have a wonderful Sunday afternoon everyone!
    10-09-2016 10:42 AM
    Am I allowed to post names of 5 airlines(2 U.S and 3 foreign) that have been reported as totally banning Note 7 phones on their planes. (not even if it's powered off... total ban as in the phone is not allowed anywhere on the plane, not carry-on , not in purses, not in checked bag) There were several that started it, as reported by CNN this morning.
    Absolutely. We just don't want people getting frustrated with each other in the forums. It's totally understandable to be frustrated at the situation and post relevant information.
    10-09-2016 10:43 AM
    We've spent in excess of $10,000 on various Samsung products the last 5 years and the way they're handling these Note7 issues, especially the text message they sent regarding the fire in Kentucky has us throwing in the towel. We were exploring other options but really hoping to just go Samsung once they got their crap together. At the end of the day, customer service, health and safety matter.

Not only will we likely abandon their phones, but as various appliances come up for replacement we'll do what we can to stay away from Samsung. I can't reward a company for this sort of behavior by giving them my dollars. It kind of makes me sad because my wife and I are pretty brand loyal but we really can't support a company that doesn't understand corporate responsibility nor give a flying **** about their customers.

I'll hang onto my Note5 another month or so and then I guess we'll go to LG or Pixel for our phones. I'm pretty pissed since I just bought one of the Samsung flagship TV's just a couple months ago, if I had it to do over again I'd not give them a dime...
    10-09-2016 10:44 AM
    A simple sticker and software update is all they needed to make bad phones look good. The imei number can be set as good easily.
    I don't know if you recall, but Samsung started investigations the week of Aug 29 and halted sales on Sept 1. I think people can criticize Samsung for many things but slapping a sticker over a bad phone is a bit far fetched in my opinion. They likely halted production right before the stoppage of the sales, identified which phones were not affected and then also re-started production with the issue resolved immediately after replacing the batteries on the production lines. Like someone earlier said - the battery icon thing came up well later on.

I mean, seriously... All of a sudden Samsung went from Android darling to shady back-alley dealer? If it turns out that Samsung intentionally hid or did not resolve the issue, then they need to be taken to task, but so far it hasn't come to that and all these years of using their products with no issues makes me give them the benefit of the doubt. That alleged text message doesn't really mean much to me because if it's true - I'm not sure what was said that was so devastating? If it turns out that they've been shady all along I will be amongst the first to burn my patronage of the company but until then, I'm just going to follow whatever I need to do as a result of the latest turn of events: keep, return, etc.
    Milt K likes this.
    10-09-2016 10:44 AM
    I don't know if you recall, but Samsung started investigations the week of Aug 29 and halted sales on Sept 1. I think people can criticize Samsung for many things but slapping a sticker over a bad phone is a bit far fetched in my opinion. They likely halted production right before the stoppage of the sales, identified which phones were not affected and then also re-started production with the issue resolved immediately after replacing the batteries on the production lines. Like someone earlier said - the battery icon thing came up well later on.

I mean, seriously... All of a sudden Samsung went from Android darling to shady back-alley dealer? If it turns out that Samsung intentionally hid or did not resolve the issue, then they need to be taken to task, but so far it hasn't come to that and all these years of using their products with no issues makes me give them the benefit of the doubt. That alleged text message doesn't really mean much to me because if it's true - I'm not sure what was said that was so devastating? If it turns out that they've been shady all along I will be amongst the first to burn my patronage of the company but until then, I'm just going to follow whatever I need to do as a result of the latest turn of events: keep, return, etc.
    Text message alone is pretty alarming, we're done with Samsung.
    10-09-2016 10:46 AM
    We've spent in excess of $10,000 on various Samsung products the last 5 years and the way they're handling these Note7 issues, especially the text message they sent regarding the fire in Kentucky has us throwing in the towel. We were exploring other options but really hoping to just go Samsung once they got their crap together. At the end of the day, customer service, health and safety matter.

Not only will we likely abandon their phones, but as various appliances come up for replacement we'll do what we can to stay away from Samsung. I can't reward a company for this sort of behavior by giving them my dollars. It kind of makes me sad because my wife and I are pretty brand loyal but we really can't support a company that doesn't understand corporate responsibility nor give a flying **** about their customers.

I'll hang onto my Note5 another month or so and then I guess we'll go to LG or Pixel for our phones. I'm pretty pissed since I just bought one of the Samsung flagship TV's just a couple months ago, if I had it to do over again I'd not give them a dime...
    Can't say I agree with you. I have 3 of their tv's and 5 of their phones. Never had an issue with any of their products and my original N7 that I'm typing this message up in still has yet to give me any problems. Lag, overheating etc.
    jvak55 likes this.
    10-09-2016 10:48 AM
    But how are you sure that text was valid? Seems a little extreme considering you haven't had any problems with your products. One isolated incident shouldn't dictate your entire life lol. If that was the case, nobody should be voting for Trump with his recent fiasco.

Corporate mannerism and greed is probably the same with any other company. Its just Samsung is under scrutiny at this time.
    10-09-2016 10:48 AM
    I think is jumping the gun before things are verified
    E Padilla likes this.
    10-09-2016 10:51 AM
    Text message alone is pretty alarming, we're done with Samsung.
    The text message hasn't been even verified to come from anyone at Samsung. It could've easily just been made up from a buddy of his. I wouldn't take anything that's reported by the media at this point to be the ground truth as there has been too much media hype and confirmed hoaxes around this whole fiasco (jeep guy, girl in NYC, etc.). Everything is click-bait until official statements come out next week.
    10-09-2016 10:55 AM
    10-09-2016 11:02 AM
    The text message hasn't been even verified to come from anyone at Samsung. It could've easily just been made up from a buddy of his. I wouldn't take anything that's reported by the media at this point to be the ground truth as there has been too much media hype and confirmed hoaxes around this whole fiasco (jeep guy, girl in NYC, etc.). Everything is click-bait until official statements come out next week.
    That's correct, but that's very easy to figure out so if it wasn't really Samsung, they could come out quickly and prove it, that hasn't happened which is odd....
    10-09-2016 11:06 AM
    Thing with iPhones exploding is that it will never be reported by major news sites. Too many people especially people in high places that uses them. Right now, Samsung is the witch being burnt at the stake. The media only has one stake not two. So iPhone got off easy despite having the same issues.
    jvak55 likes this.
    10-09-2016 11:07 AM
    But how are you sure that text was valid? Seems a little extreme considering you haven't had any problems with your products. One isolated incident shouldn't dictate your entire life lol. If that was the case, nobody should be voting for Trump with his recent fiasco.

Corporate mannerism and greed is probably the same with any other company. Its just Samsung is under scrutiny at this time.
    We've had problems with our washing machine that they've been pretty awful dealing with.

If the text turns out to be not valid or really from Samsung I'll certainly reconsider, but that's fairly easy thing for them to prove/disprove and they've been silent on the issue which is odd.
    10-09-2016 11:07 AM
    We've had problems with our washing machine that they've been pretty awful dealing with.

If the text turns out to be not valid or really from Samsung I'll certainly reconsider, but that's fairly easy thing for them to prove/disprove and they've been silent on the issue which is odd.
    I wouldn't expect any word from Samsung over a weekend. I'm sure we'll here something Mon/Tues.

I hope they have a satisfying response.
    10-09-2016 11:09 AM
    My trust for a company is based on what they actually do as a company, not a text sent by SINGLE employee in a stressful situation
    Samsung knew about the phone in Kentucky days before the phones that caught on fire on the Southwest flight as well as the phone that caught on fire on Friday.

What did they do to inform consumers? NOTHING.

Had they informed consumers earlier, those incidents might have been avoided. How would you feel if that was your kid or if you were on that flight?
    bhatech and naturecannon like this.
    10-09-2016 11:11 AM
    I hope they totally recall all Note 7s and give free Galaxy phone of choice to every customer that bought the Note 7.

Don't care how much it costs financially, enough of this lie after lie, Samsung has to start from scratch to earn back customer trust again if they can. But start at this because of all the inconvenience Note 7 owners had to go thru.
    10-09-2016 11:17 AM
    ...also he's using an iphone lol to read the text that supposedly samsung sent him huh

Posted via Android Central App
    jvak55 likes this.
    10-09-2016 11:17 AM
    Thanks for your input.

I'm still looking at other options, but I'll check forums for the Axon.
    also check out ZTE's own Axon forum... as well as XDA forums(obviously)

like I said, the phone is very, very good and bad at the same time.
    10-09-2016 11:19 AM
584 ... 56789 ...