Note 7 - Samsung Burning/Exploding Issue Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I mean look at the stories of the iphone as well.

//////////////////////////ABC 30 reported that Estrada only had her phone three months. Apple is giving her a free replacement for the iPhone 6 Plus.

This is the second iPhone explosion in a week after a man on the East Coast says the same model started burning in his back pocket before it blew up. Apple is looking into both cases.

Samsung has had similar problems with the Note 7, prompting a nationwide recall.//////////////////////////////////////////////////

But there is no thread saying all apple phones need to be recalled? I understand there might be a issue with the New replacement Note 7 in a few cases BUT why does apple get to just give them a new phone?

Also it seems there is a LOT of Apple trolls on here as well but why does apple get a free pass on burning up phones?

Breuklen

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung Burning/Exploding Issue Versus Others

//////////////////////////ABC 30 reported that Estrada only had her phone three months. Apple is giving her a free replacement for the iPhone 6 Plus.

This is the second iPhone explosion in a week after a man on the East Coast says the same model started burning in his back pocket before it blew up. Apple is looking into both cases.

Samsung has had similar problems with the Note 7, prompting a nationwide recall.//////////////////////////////////////////////////

But there is no thread saying all apple phones need to be recalled? I understand there might be a issue with the New replacement Note 7 in a few cases BUT why does apple get to just give them a new phone?

Also it seems there is a LOT of Apple trolls on here as well but why does apple get a free pass on burning up phones?

Because it's not a few dozen in relatively short period of time. The student admitted that he cracked the phone before the fire (it's looking very likely that he damaged the phone by constantly sitting on it -- after all he did have it in his back pocket when it caught on fire)

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site

What scares me more is no support or updates because of all the bad press. That's the only reason I'm not sure if I should keep it

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

Apple paid the media off. Next time Samsung needs to remember to do that.

Now for the serious people, I don't know that Apple paid the media off, but makes sense

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

While I am more than fully aware that other devices with lithium batteries have ignited in the past, Minnesota pretty much sealed it for me.

The Note 7 is done.

I'm waiting for official word from Samsung, but I'm very much considering a switch.

Very disappointing, especially since this has been such a pleasure to use.

w7sg

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site

While I am more than fully aware that other devices with lithium batteries have ignited in the past, Minnesota pretty much sealed it for me.

The Note 7 is done.

I'm waiting for official word from Samsung, but I'm very much considering a switch.

Very disappointing, especially since this has been such a pleasure to use.

I am resisting looking into what to switch to. Have had Apple, booooooring. It would be an Android, just don't know which one.

Another thing, if I have to turn this one in, i.e. the 2nd "fixed" one, then I want my "upgrade" erased. Just like it didn't happen.

Breuklen

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site

Bringing this over from the comments of the AC article. I take no credit for finding it. If true, this paints Samsung in a very bad light.

Nicholasville man injured by replacement Samsung phone

If true those workers need to be punished. Samsung can ill afford something like this happening getting out. Seriously, at this point Samsung needs to throw in the towel.

The carriers would be complete fools to support this phone. It's already distracting from their chief goal: selling phones and recurring revenue plans. For them, that's all that matters. If their money is to be messed up, they don't need it to be the result of device manufacturers, no matter how large and successful in the past.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
The Nicolasville guy had me right up until he wouldn't let Samsung have the phone to investigate. Mmm, why not? I am not saying it may not have happened, but that is a big red flag to me.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I started a new thread with a title I thought was more on topic... but I see this ones been changed. Lol guess mods feel free to lock the other.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
The Nicolasville guy had me right up until he wouldn't let Samsung have the phone to investigate. Mmm, why not? I am not saying it may not have happened, but that is a big red flag to me.

Same and I want to see this so called text he wasn't supposed to get.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Bringing this over from the comments of the AC article. I take no credit for finding it. If true, this paints Samsung in a very bad light.

http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Ni...ung-Galaxy-Note-7-catches-fire-396431431.html
If true, I am truly done with Samsung.

You do not, I repeat, DO NOT try to downplay a safety issue and attempt to cover it up.

At that point, Samsung would be no better than Volkswagen.

I'd like to see the actual text to be sure, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers