Note 7 - Samsung Burning/Exploding Issue Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
You don't have an old phone to fallback to until say the S8 news comes out or hang tight til Note 8? I have a loaner Iphone 6 been using. I wanted the Note 7 cause like you been a long time since a phone caught my interest... my list was OnePlus3 or Axon 7 but since I had an "in" to get a Note 7 through our work account much cheaper it's too attractive to pass up. Now if this story leads to no Note 7 sold... I'll probably just save my money and use a free phone and soon enough the S8 will be out or OnePlus4 or Axon 8 maybe.
Nope, I don't have a backup device but I might consider investing in one. Some people have scored like new Nexus 6P's from Amazon warehouse for about $200 so I have my eye on that regularly.

The S8 because of size won't interest me at all. I had a S7 Edge for about 10 days as a loaner from T-Mobile and it was ok but not even close to the N7 and quite frankly I would have rather had my LG V10 instead of the Edge.

I'm not going to rush to anything just yet. I'll see how this plays out with CPSC and the carriers and go from there.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
That's it - if the Kentucky guy turns out to be legit, I won't be using my S7 edge (Samsung never got a replacement Note 7 to me) anymore, either. If that turns out to be true, Samsung will be in deep sh as that'll like lead to a government investigation against them.

I can't trust them anymore at this point - who knows if they also made customers of burning S7 EDGE phones shut up about it. And there have been plenty of reports of those going up in flames as well. Again IF the Kentucky guy is the real deal, I'm done with Samsung. Just don't know what other company I should turn to. Don't trust the el-cheapo Chinese manufacturers either and the Pixel XL won't be available in Switzerland for months to come.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
S7 size and the iPhone 6 size dont interest me too... but there is rumor the S8 screen may be 5.2" or close to that I believe? And along with the S8 there is Edge and both rumored to have the same look at Note 7. 6P @ $200 sounds sweet.... but OnePlus3 at $400 not too bad either.

Nope, I don't have a backup device but I might consider investing in one. Some people have scored like new Nexus 6P's from Amazon warehouse for about $200 so I have my eye on that regularly.

The S8 because of size won't interest me at all. I had a S7 Edge for about 10 days as a loaner from T-Mobile and it was ok but not even close to the N7 and quite frankly I would have rather had my LG V10 instead of the Edge.

I'm not going to rush to anything just yet. I'll see how this plays out with CPSC and the carriers and go from there.

Breuklen

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
So just to recap from all those posts recently the reported replacement phones (post recall) that have on the news... 5... in a two week period?? Did I forget any?

China
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 smartphone catches fire in China - Sep. 27, 2016

Louisville/Southwest Airlines
Replacement Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phone catches fire on Southwest plane - The Verge

Taiwan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N60aTHApMg4

Minnesota
Alleged replacement Note 7 catches fire in Minnesota | Android Central

Nicholasville, KY
Nicholasville man injured by replacement Samsung phone

It's a worldwide conspiracy against Samsung if we listen to some of the zealots. And let's not forget the few cases in China of phones that shouldn't have been problems. Samsung already said two were caused by non-battery, external heat issues. I'm sure they wouldn't lie! ;-)

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Wow. I guess I'll follow another poster's lead and let it discharge and power down. So sad. I really liked this phone. I'll wait to take it back and see what Samsung says. Doesn't look good though.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
These recent reports though give more evidence to China that Samsung was not being forthright with them regarding Chinese phones. Man last think you want to do **** off China... and get caught in a lie that put Chinese people in danger.

https://www.cnet.com/news/samsung-apologizes-to-china-over-galaxy-note-7-recall/

It's a worldwide conspiracy against Samsung if we listen to some of the zealots. And let's not forget the few cases in China of phones that shouldn't have been problems. Samsung already said two were caused by non-battery, external heat issues. I'm sure they wouldn't lie! ;-)

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
All corporations lie. Samsung is no different. Apple swears by their environmentally friendly approach, and then they turn around and single handedly removes the headphone jack and practically asks their customers to throw away the old headphones because they are "inferior" and use "ancient technology", because you know "courage". They are all the sine. Keep costs low, and keep revenue growing. Profit, profit. They'd sell their worn mother if it would give them a couple of points boost in earnings. Samsung messed up badly, but don't kid yourselves that any other corporation is any better.

Shanda5303

Banned
Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Oh man this does not look good...it just sucks because if they do recall them a 2nd time or do not update them I'm kinda at a loss.. I love my Note. I had the Note 4, 5, & now the 7 and I literally use the s-pen all day so I can't think of any product that will compare. I'd hate to go back to the Note 5 cause it feels slow and strange in comparison without the edges but at the same time I don't want to constantly worry about the phone. This whole situation just sucks 😔.

Shanda5303

Banned
Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
That message read: Just now got this. I can try and slow him down if we think it will matter, or we just let him do what he keeps threatening to do and see if he does it

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Mod Note: Please remember to keep all discussions civil and to keep responses as friendly and as helpful as possible.

After what happened with Jerry in the blog comments, I'm asking everyone who is participating in this thread to ensure that we don't get something similar in this thread.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I just hope we can drag this out till the S8 comes out at least. The problem we have as android users who like the top of the line phones is the fact there is nothing better on the market. So if we give this one back then we either take a step back with a older phone like the S7 which for me is no option. If i switch to a different phone and use my upgrade for it and spend money on it then the phone needs to be current plus good. The new Iphone is boring as i have the 6 plus sitting here and it is boring. The biggest problem is nothing out there matches the note 7 in what it can do besides catch on fire.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Then I'm going to switch back to my iPhone 6s Plus until Samsung makes the next official move, either denouncing and disproving these latest claims deeming the phone safe to use or issues another recall, perhaps a full recall and EOS/EOL of the device.

Given that text message, I'm not sure why anyone would trust Samsung at this point.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I just hope we can drag this out till the S8 comes out at least. The problem we have as android users who like the top of the line phones is the fact there is nothing better on the market. So if we give this one back then we either take a step back with a older phone like the S7 which for me is no option. If i switch to a different phone and use my upgrade for it and spend money on it then the phone needs to be current plus good. The new Iphone is boring as i have the 6 plus sitting here and it is boring. The biggest problem is nothing out there matches the note 7 in what it can do besides catch on fire.

There is the S7 edge which is still a nice phone minus spen and slightly smaller screen. The next option would be the V20 but lg is charging a premium for it now especially after this Note 7 ordeal. I like the water resistance though so this and the Iphone is basically only only choices right now.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
There is the S7 edge which is still a nice phone minus spen and slightly smaller screen. The next option would be the V20 but lg is charging a premium for it now especially after this Note 7 ordeal. I like the water resistance though so this and the Iphone is basically only only choices right now.

The LG phone seems like a downgrade and the S7 for me is old. I do not like to get a phone even if it has only been out 6 months. I like new just hit the market phones and the other ones coming out do not thrill me. I have 2 note 7's here right now LOL i have the replacement which just came and the old 1 which i have 12 more days to send back. So ill hold onto them and see what shakes out next week. But i really would like to keep my so called safe Note 7. I want to know how this passed our protection agency after the 1st recall.

Breuklen

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
All corporations lie. Samsung is no different. Apple swears by their environmentally friendly approach, and then they turn around and single handedly removes the headphone jack and practically asks their customers to throw away the old headphones because they are "inferior" and use "ancient technology", because you know "courage". They are all the sine. Keep costs low, and keep revenue growing. Profit, profit. They'd sell their worn mother if it would give them a couple of points boost in earnings. Samsung messed up badly, but don't kid yourselves that any other corporation is any better.

What the hell does Apple changing the headphone jack (it wasn't removed, it's now a lightning headphone jack instead of the standard 3.5 mm version) have to do with Sammy putting people at risk for fire? They screwed up once, now are screwing big time. They may have put Chinese users at risk. According to The Verge, they kept quiet about the Tuesday Kentucky fire days before the fire on the Kentucky plane. What would have happened had the plane taken off? Samsung needs to be smacked and smacked fast. As soon as humanly possible, the CPSC should institute a 2nd recall with all Note 7s retuned and no third shot being available. There should be fines and the responsible parties punished. Civil and criminal cases should be brought, if possible.

Take off the blinders: At this point, other corps are better. And obviously smarter.

frankenhooker

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
The Nicolasville guy had me right up until he wouldn't let Samsung have the phone to investigate. Mmm, why not? I am not saying it may not have happened, but that is a big red flag to me.
If he's considering taking legal action, why would he hand over the biggest piece of evidence ? I fully understand why he didn't hand over the phone, I'm struggling with the whole text message thing though.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I don't know. I don't ever really trust any big corporation, but I also know personally one too many people who have run scams on various companies. I am getting tired of the whole thing. I love the phone, it isn't getting warm at all, and neither did my first one. But one more report and I may have to do something.Nothing new out there I want. Maybe back to my first idea, a Note 5, if Verizon has a 64 gb one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke