Note 7 - Samsung Burning/Exploding Issue Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvak55

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
well it will be a sad day for me as I am a spen user for work between architects and myself for corrections and re design aspects.
Still have my Note 2,4,& 5 till we see what happens.
It's a sad day in Samsungville.
Best of luck to all Note 7 buyers / users.
I was on way to pick one up just as this all started.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
After the accidental text from Samsung, I would most definitely label Samsung as shady. Damage control at best.

RIP NOTE 7. Thanks for wasting a few months of my time Samsung. I have wasted so much of life's times on this phone. I bet my wife and I have over 8 hours at Best Buy alone now, another few hours at ATT. Now we have to return and replace once again. N7 was a great phone but not great enough to go through all this craziness.

At the near 1k price point this N7 should have been a solid device. We all just leased a headache. I have had aot of patience with Samsung but those days are over

Milt K

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Whoa Nellie...I'm not looking to be compensated for staying with Samsung. I would want to be compensated because I DID stick with Samsung; that is if they end up recalling and discontinuing this device and therefore it will receive no support or updates, and even worse force an update on me that will make my phone unusable. I don't think this is entitlement...I've spent my time, trouble and money. So yeah, simply reimbursing me for the device when I've spent far more than just the purchase price, I shouldn't come out LOSING in the situation. Now if the device stays on the market and they continue to support it in the manner a flagship phone should be supported, then I don't expect compensation for that because they have given me what I paid for...a phone that works and that isn't a danger to me and anyone around me.

So the fact that people could triple-dip and get all those free toys from the Samsung promotions (which equates to the cost of a new phone BTW) plus $25 bill credits wasn't enough for your troubles? It was definitely worth it to me and if I had to switch to a new phone while still being able to keep those toys all the better. I for one would be sad if they discontinued and dropped support for the phone as I really love it but to expect compensation from Samsung for all the "inconvenience" is simply unrealistic. They've apologized over and over again in public press releases and spent over $1B during this whole ordeal including subsidization for loaners and other stuff for people who would "stick" with them.

Guess people have different tolerances to do these things and expectations of what their time is really worth...seriously what else would you want? A free upgrade to a S8? A check for the phone plus your refund if you return it back to the carrier? A paid vacation to South Korea to quell any anxiety regarding their QA process? If people are really that frustrated now due to the anxiety on when and if the phone does get recalled and discontinued, just turn the phone in for a refund now and get whatever you want. It's really not that difficult...and the drama here is hilarious!

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
LOL...not to make light of the situation, but if I didn't know any better, I'd say these Note meltdowns look almost set...hacked....or programmed to go off in different locations around the world. I guess I have watched too many CBS preceedural dramas lol

There is clearly a defect that goes beyond the battery. Which I have suspected all along. At this point , Samsung needs to hold a press conference

ticketbabe2

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Re: New twist to pre-board airline warning regarding Note 7

I just flew 3 flights on United mainline & express, & they advised powering off & not charging Note 7s, no distinction of original or replacement. No one asked who had one, but who wouldn't follow that advice when you are 30000 ft up? I wish they would be more diligent about it. Southwest crew would definitely be on edge about any Samsung considering their recent evacuation caused by one...hope that was just isolated incident. No problem heating up or otherwise with my replacement. Secretly suspicious about iPhone moles!

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: And another one....

LOL...not to make light of the situation, but if I didn't know any better, I'd say these Note meltdowns look almost set...hacked....or programmed to go off in different locations around the world. I guess I have watched too many CBS preceedural dramas lol

There is clearly a defect that goes beyond the battery. Which I have suspected all along. At this point , Samsung needs to hold a press conference
It is very possible a signal causing runaway is being sent out. I have used that technique to jam cable tv for a 2 mile radius back in the 80's. Walk into an Apple store and see if your N7 starts getting hot. Tested mine next to my father's 6 plus and it starts to warm up quick. Now it could just be cross interference too.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
So the fact that people could triple-dip and get all those free toys from the Samsung promotions (which equates to the cost of a new phone BTW) plus $25 bill credits wasn't enough for your troubles? It was definitely worth it to me and if I had to switch to a new phone while still being able to keep those toys all the better. I for one would be sad if they discontinued and dropped support for the phone as I really love it but to expect compensation from Samsung for all the "inconvenience" is simply unrealistic. They've apologized over and over again in public press releases and spent over $1B during this whole ordeal including subsidization for loaners and other stuff for people who would "stick" with them.

Guess people have different tolerances to do these things and expectations of what their time is really worth...seriously what else would you want? A free upgrade to a S8? A check for the phone plus your refund if you return it back to the carrier? A paid vacation to South Korea to quell any anxiety regarding their QA process? If people are really that frustrated now due to the anxiety on when and if the phone does get recalled and discontinued, just turn the phone in for a refund now and get whatever you want. It's really not that difficult...and the drama here is hilarious!

Glad you are happy. I am not. As I stated there's nothing else out there I personally want so I'm looking at buying something (or in my case probably re-buying something).

And for the record, I'm not being dramatic...but you sure are with talk of trips to Korea and what-not (to clarify I know you didn't say I personally am being dramatic but felt compelled to call you out since you are).

Oh and PS...the triple dipping does NOT equal the cost of the phone. Far from it.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
In a earlier post it was mentioned "hope carriers didn't put stickers over recalled units". I wondered the same thing, because why did we have to do an update to get green battery? If the phones were new why didn't samsung do it at the factory when they were made?
The green batt icon idea didn't surface until days before the replacement was avail. Samsung knew they were replacing phones a week before we did as replacements were in the works. Many phones were already boxed. No way they could pack a million phones within a weeks time period.

And putting stickers over non safe phones is a ridiculous claim. Besides phones have Imei numbers. Silly accusation for sure

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I'm chillin' on the sidelines with Omgitselaine , French and my Note 7 until further notice from Samsung. :)
I'm starting to feel as if we're in the minority here but here's to ...... US
93c39d59a9524ecd8c1269b75e2a159b.gif

Milt K

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Glad you are happy. I am not. As I stated there's nothing else out there I personally want so I'm looking at buying something (or in my case probably re-buying something).

And for the record, I'm not being dramatic...but you sure are.

Oh and PS...the triple dipping does NOT equal the cost of the phone. Far from it.

Wait...people complaining on here how they're gonna jump ship and never come back to Samsung because they've been so poorly "treated" unless they get compensation is not being over-dramatic?? I'm not pointing fingers at you by the way.

Let's see...from another thread...and it doesn't even include the 2x $25 "inconvenience" credits that Samsung is subsidizing through the carriers. So it's not close, huh? :p

Any triple dippers out there? Just wondering if there are any promos that we loyal Note 7 owners have missed.

This is all I am aware of:

Old Note7
--- $250/$175 - SD Card/GearFit 2 Promo
--- $ 20 - Samsung Pay Promo
--- $ 5 - Dunkin Donuts Promo
--- $ 5 - Samsung Pay New User Promo
--- $ 5 - Samsung Pay Referral Promo

S7 or S7 Edge Loaner
--- $250/$100 - SD Card/Gear VR Promo
--- $ 10 - Samsung Pay Promo

New Note 7g (ie Note 7 green icon)
--- $25 Accessories Credit from Samsung
--- $250/$100 - SD Card/Gear VR Promo
--- $ 10 - Samsung Pay Promo

Plus you can register all three devices at Samsung Plus to count towards Silver or Gold status.

That is up to $860 worth of goodies from a single $850 purchase. ie up to 101% return on investment

Are we missing anything? Did you triple dip?

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Lets keep the discussion civil please. If there is a problem with a post then please report it so the Mod team can take a look.
Thanks.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Well I don't see the card as a $250 value...and some of us didn't triple dip. But at any rate, I'm upset and feel very frustrated at the situation at hand. I REALLY want to keep mine IF it's safe, and I want it to be supported properly. Sadly I fear what is going to come next week, but for today, I'm still hanging in there.

I hope we actually learn the TRUTH of everything.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: And another one....

It loads fine... trucksmoveamerica#AC, you are doing something wrong! It's a short animated gif of a Restaurant Worker taking one off a table with Oven Mitts on and carrying it away!
For what it's worth, the AC Forums app has been acting up recently, not loading images like it should.

raneu

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm sick of hearing that some people were able to "triple dip" so I should not feel like I'm getting screwed! As usual, a few people figure out how to work the system, so us that have had to spend so much time and effort on the phone, in the store, watching the forums and news wondering what to do should just quietly take it in the rear! If I have to go through another cycle of this crap I better be getting paid for my trouble in some way or I will never buy another samsung product for my family!

Status
Not open for further replies.