Note 7 - Samsung Burning/Exploding Issue Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breuklen

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I understand the frustration but that's inpatient af.

I mean, for laypeople... they'll just get an iPhone or whatever
but this really is rough for old Note users who wanted to/needed to upgrade to the newest. Best they can do is find their current model on Swappa.

It's not impatient really. Sammy took it's time investigating and did a soft recall. And only did an official recall at the insistence of the CPSC. Why? Their bottom line. It's the same with AT&T (and I'm sure the other carriers will follow suit), they are looking at their bottom line. They were already caught flat-footed by Sammy's initial recall. Miscommunication, frustration on their part, aggravated customers and expending resources not on selling devices and plans but trying to help customers because of Samsung's foulup. Why would they want to go through that again in a short period of time? They are taking the initiative and getting out in front of this new problem. Something Samsung should be doing the same. Not putting weak boilerplate and having employees scheming to slow down customers.

I can't see The CPSC not insisting on a second recall given the issues just this past week with a supposedly safe Note 7. I would encourage everyone to return their Note 7s. It's not worth risking life and limb for a phone.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I also think this will end the Note 7

The carriers wont want the headache again for the whole recall process.

Samsung needs to speed up the S8 development to get out of this mess.

OUGrad05

May 24, 2014
Visit site

Speeding it up may be the worst thing they could do unless hardware changes are minimal...very minimal.

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site

That's exactly what got them in this mess in the first place.

Hopefully they don't go the "edge only", "no bezel", "no headphone jack" route. They might as well close up shop if they do.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

OUGrad05

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Is it me, or is it weird that The Verge is the one repeatedly breaking these "burning Note 7" stories?

Yah it's interesting but they're fairly well known by the techie group which is a chunk of the folks that currently own Note 7's i.e., early adopters. So I'm not surprised that the Verge is breaking a lot of these...

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Is it me, or is it weird that The Verge is the one repeatedly breaking these "burning Note 7" stories?
I'd constantly be searching note 7 fire as this is a good money making web revenue. You've seen some they post as alleged but hey look at the the tiny people we have here reposting and panicking. Even some don't even own a note 7 lol.

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Just can't defend Samsung anymore. The Note 7 was by far my favorite phone of all time but they are clearly clueless as to what is causing the fires. Thank you Samsung, you lost me and my wife as customers as we went with the iPhone 7 plus now.

Time to completely get rid of the Note name. Next year, call it the S8 pro or something. The Note name is forever tarnished. And a lot of people need to be fired.

Breuklen

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
They were reportedly trying to get to the market early because of reports that the iPhone 7 would not be as "grand" as previous years might have been.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...n-in-rush-to-capitalize-on-uninspiring-iphone

And if I'm not mistaken, this year's version was out at least two weeks earlier than last year's version. Not a lot of time, but given the additions and the believable story you posted above, it was rushed. Clearly given all the mess happening now.

Breuklen

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Seems as though The Verge is where the people have been sending their information.

I know the Southwest flight was covered live by the local news and local newspaper (online). The Verge has been aggressive about contacting Note 7 victims directly. And I think at least one contacted the site after hearing about the earlier fires.

Status
Not open for further replies.