Note 7 - Samsung Burning/Exploding Issue Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
So crazy. Your first Samsung in years , you actually liked it, and then this happens. Coupled with your G4 issues, my God you deserve a reliable phone for once!
Yeah.

I was so looking forward to 2+ great years with this. Then this whole thing happened.

I'll miss the S Pen for sure, but one thing I need now is a reliable phone. The iPhone comes to mind, but I already have a recent iOS device and would like to keep using an Android phone to maintain that diversity.

The Pixel comes to mind, but I'd like expandable storage. S7 edge comes to mind but I'm sorta done with Sammy for now. Just want something new.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
There are exactly zero wires inside a note 7. Anyone who could have any idea of the problem would never say "it's the wiring".

He just wants people to tune into his show, visit his website and buy his books. Nothing wrong with that, but maybe going about it this way is a little slimy.

(he also claimed the Airline bans are because of Apple controlling the airline industry at one point)
All the burnt Notes have a consistent pattern.

The scorched burn marks are usually right where the battery is.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Yeah.

I was so looking forward to 2+ great years with this. Then this whole thing happened.

I'll miss the S Pen for sure, but one thing I need now is a reliable phone. The iPhone comes to mind, but I already have a recent iOS device and would like to keep using an Android phone to maintain that diversity.

The Pixel comes to mind, but I'd like expandable storage. S7 edge comes to mind but I'm sorta done with Sammy for now. Just want something new.

Hmmmm...V20? lol

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
LOL. I think he is a joke sometimes too. I remember back in the day were he said Sirius radio was a used lotto ticket. Best purchase I've made mine at seven cents a share.

Even though there are no wires because he's not a tech guy so maybe using layman terms he usually won't unless he heard it from some source. Just thought.

(he also claimed the Airline bans are because of Apple controlling the airline industry at one point)

MikeS1971

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Haha.

After suffering with some failed G4s, not sure if I'm ready to try them out again.

I'm in the same boat. I went through two that caught fire and several warranty replacements for various other reasons. I was soooooo happy to get rid of it when I received my Note 7.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm actually hope they are halting production to say they are have found the issue, making adjustments and will resume production and sales.

This is their flagship phone... their best phone. Part of me thinks it would be an embarrassment and a greater loss of face to just kill it. They have to see it through no matter the cost.. rerelease the phone, show they will support it and do right with it to show their commitment before S8 comes out. They can extend the run date and push Note release at same time at S9 release February '18... S9 S9E and S9Pro.

Guess we'll find out soon enough what they plan to do but I hope they keep going and the carriers give it a shot once they are convinced it's really really fixed.

Would make sense because in the USA they won't be able to do anything with them.

Hopefully they are shutting down to announce a recall.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually hope they are halting production to say they are have found the issue, making adjustments and will resume production and sales.

This is their flagship phone... their best phone. Part of me thinks it would be an embarrassment and a greater loss of face to just kill it. They have to see it through no matter the cost.. rerelease the phone, show they will support it and do right with it to show their commitment before S8 comes out. They can extend the run date and push Note release at same time at S9 release February '18... S9 S9E and S9Pro.

Guess we'll find out soon enough what they plan to do but I hope they keep going and the carriers give it a shot once they are convinced it's really really fixed.
If they found the issue, that's great. But they still need a recall so that they can get the fixed phones into everyone's hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc