Note 7 - Samsung Burning/Exploding Issue Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
It's made the local news here. And they got the name of the phone wrong like they did when the original recall was announced. But then they called the Note 7, the Samsung iPhone. This time this was on the screen as they reported the story.

http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss245/mike_silva/20161009_215022.jpg

Lol they need to get the names right before they report the stuff. Mistake yes but remember the media never wrong right? Lol. Thanks for showing this.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: Just a Thought

I meant to keep the Note. I love it, I know that the next phone I get whatever it is, is going to be disappointing because it isn't this phone, but Samsung halting production in the wake of the five or six reports of replacement phones burning, is too much. I live with my family, little children, and I can't justify making them paranoid about my phone. And to be honest, paranoid about it now, too. I think Samsung thought they knew what the problem was, and were wrong. I think they may actually have no idea what the problem is. I just know I'm tired of two months of drama.
I meant to get a Note 5 but it's a pale substitute and 64 gb isn't going to do it. I am probably going to get a second refund, and hopefully Verizon won't screw me, and order a Pixel xl, the 128 gb one. I won't love it, but at least I can get on with my life.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
It's made the local news here. And they got the name of the phone wrong like they did when the original recall was announced. But then they called the Note 7, the Samsung iPhone. This time this was on the screen as they reported the story.

And this is why Samsung has to use precise, knowledgeable wording when they address this issue. You cannot count on the press (beyond tech sites) to get any of this right. You can't just put our any old statement and expect people to get it.

Expect Samsung's PR to be on full display the next few days. Not only do they have to appeal to their customer base and screwed over Note owners. They also have to use very careful language while also appearing to be transparent. Tightrope time.

Majored in public relations so this part fascinates me

IncredibleJedi

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
Re: Just a Thought

I meant to keep the Note. I love it, I know that the next phone I get whatever it is, is going to be disappointing because it isn't this phone, but Samsung halting production in the wake of the five or six reports of replacement phones burning, is too much. I live with my family, little children, and I can't justify making them paranoid about my phone. And to be honest, paranoid about it now, too. I think Samsung thought they knew what the problem was, and were wrong. I think they may actually have no idea what the problem is. I just know I'm tired of two months of drama.
I meant to get a Note 5 but it's a pale substitute and 64 gb isn't going to do it. I am probably going to get a second refund, and hopefully Verizon won't screw me, and order a Pixel xl, the 128 gb one. I won't love it, but at least I can get on with my life.

I was able to do a refund and pre-order the Pixel XL (on 10/8). While the N7 was the best phone I had ever used, the obvious battery concerns far outweighed the benefits of keeping the N7. I also wanted to be able to pre-order the Pixel to have it on or right around release day. Google's store has a wait list going and some folks who pre-ordered from there already have shipping dates for mid November.

If folks are worried about the Verizon version of the Pixel, here is a little discussion on it:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...izon-version-info-google-rep.html#post5468260

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Hahaha wow shows how the media is quick to report breaking news without checking the facts first probably because they wanna be the first one to report it

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Hahaha wow shows how the media is quick to report breaking news without checking the facts first probably because they wanna be the first one to report it

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Watch people accuse you of being a shill and misleading posters.

Or mention that there were over 100million iPhone 6s sold compared to less than 980,000 note 7 phones in the US, so 7 note 7's in one week would be equivalent to 700 iPhone 6's in a week.

Or that this is not an Apple forum and we don't really care what happens to an iPhone here, and point at forums.imore.com

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I find it annoying that Note 7 owners have to find out about products update via 3rd party. Samsung has no issue blowing my email up about "products i might like" but not once have i gotten an email from them explaining the situation or apologizing for the inconvenience.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I find it annoying that Note 7 owners have to find out about products update via 3rd party. Samsung has no issue blowing my email up about "products i might like" but not once have i gotten an email from them explaining the situation or apologizing for the inconvenience.

So you never got an email about the original recall? I got 2 from them and a couple texts from verizon.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Yea, already been reported.

I think it has something to do more than just the battery. As we see with iPhones and others, on occasion these phones do meltdown just like with any lithium battery device always a chance, but there obviously is something wrong with the Note 7 with the rates of failure, and with the new battery still the same issue.
Didn't know, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.