Note 7 - Samsung Burning/Exploding Issue Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

castone001

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I agree! they are trying to work with me. I will give them credit there. I don't want to leave Verizon. my fault really for NOT waiting a month once the Note 7 came out. Last time I buy the Newest toy when it releases :)

scottishlassy

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
So, how much money is everyone going to be out over this case wise and screen protector wise? Mine totals about $100. Then having to pay for stuff for the new phone. 😩

scottishlassy

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
nothing... if you bought those accessories from
Verizon corporate store or verizonwireless.com
originally:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...accessories-even-if-purchased-months-ago.html
Unfortunately, this does not apply to me. Bought the phone from AT&T, the case from Spigen online and the front and back screen protector from the Zagg kiosk at the mall.

I have sent an email to Spigen pleading my case since it is past the 30 return period.

I think I'm out of luck on the screen protectors.

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Same here. I'll be out about $60 from cases I bought online.

Luckily I just got my Note 7 and cases are still within the return date time frame. Will return my cases since I will have no need for it as I am switching back to my iphone 6s plus which I thankfully kept.

I have to use up my Samsung Rewards Visa Debit card though. Will probably use it to buy another iphone case.

So disappointed in Samsung.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
If they exchanged, do you know what they got?

Only one I paid attention to, the guy got a Galaxy S7 Edge. I only paid attention since they were near me and I was irritated that it was taking so long to transfer his photos/contacts over from the Note to the new device. I mean, who does not back that stuff up in the cloud now days?

MikeS1971

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Ok. So if I walk into a Verizon store and return my two Note 7s, do I have to purchase another phone there? I can get a S7 Edge at Best Buy for $120 cheaper ($240 savings for two phones) and a free 32" TV for each phone. I'd like to return my phones at Verizon, then drive down the street and buy the phones at best Buy and keep my numbers.

audri5

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
The Nicolasville guy had me right up until he wouldn't let Samsung have the phone to investigate. Mmm, why not? I am not saying it may not have happened, but that is a big red flag to me.

He wouldn't let them have it so he has proof when he takes them to court. His lawyer will want an independent agent or lab to check out the phone. Smart man!

scottishlassy

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Just left AT&T. Returned my Note 7, but they let me keep all of the stuff in the box. Not the stylus though. Was going to get the 7 Edge, but they didn't have any. Took it as a sign from the powers that be that I'm not to have a new phone right now. Left the store with nothing but paperwork.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Samsung for giving me over two weeks and maybe possibly 4 weeks with my replacement note 7.. it has been my buddy and I still love it....but it's not leaving my hands until I have confirmation from T-Mobile that I have a preordered lg v20 or I have picked up a lg v20 in store....still enjoying the device.....too bad the new gear vr no longer works due to the oculus update that prevents all note 7s from being able to use it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool