With so many battery saving apps out there, I would like to know from those who have used these apps which one you find works the best?

I have researched Greenify, Battery doctor, DU battery saver, etc.

Which apps have you found to be the most effective and easy to use?

Thank you for your feedback
    10-09-2016 03:32 AM
    To be honest, I'm not a fan of those apps, Android is very good at doing it without any extra help. The use will determine the battery drain and there's no magic potion that will save battery if you have the screen (the biggest offender in power gobbling) going full blast for hours. Going through the device and stopping apps that you never use, a short interval to turn off screen when not in use us the best way to save juice. I also use night mode or negative screen if there are no dark themes in apps I'm using... In any case, try a few and see what you think... Have fun!
    Laura Knotek and Viscomi4444 like this.
    10-09-2016 03:52 AM
    To be honest, I'm not a fan of those apps, Android is very good at doing it without any extra help. The use will determine the battery drain and there's no magic potion that will save battery if you have the screen (the biggest offender in power gobbling) going full blast for hours. Going through the device and stopping apps that you never use, a short interval to turn off screen when not in use us the best way to save juice. I also use night mode or negative screen if there are no dark themes in apps I'm using... In any case, try a few and see what you think... Have fun!
    Yea, I wouldn't need to use any if I was getting good battery life with my n7, but I'm not so trying whatever I can to increase battery life. Lasting only about 9 hours of just normal use isn't cutting it for me, especially reading other people getting over 20 hours..
    10-09-2016 03:41 PM
    You have to realise that is not that simple. I'd you live in urban area right under a repeater (cell) tower, your device will use minimal power to communicate with the network. If you spend a lot of your day on a ferroconcrete building, your phone will struggle and use maximum juice to stay connected. It also depends on your use, those people might only use their devices to text now and then, they may have their screen at low light.... There are so many variables. I just get a day myself, maybe 8 hours from my S7 and I have it optimised with firewalls etc...
    10-10-2016 06:14 AM
    I just use the stock app for battery. if I'm out somewhere like an amusement park, I just set battery optimization to medium and that works perfectly for me.
    10-10-2016 07:30 AM
    I started using Smart WiFi Toggler to simply turn off my Wi-Fi when I wasn't at a set location. Seemed to help out tremendously.
    10-10-2016 02:46 PM
    You have to realise that is not that simple. I'd you live in urban area right under a repeater (cell) tower, your device will use minimal power to communicate with the network. If you spend a lot of your day on a ferroconcrete building, your phone will struggle and use maximum juice to stay connected. It also depends on your use, those people might only use their devices to text now and then, they may have their screen at low light.... There are so many variables. I just get a day myself, maybe 8 hours from my S7 and I have it optimised with firewalls etc...
    Yes that does make sense. Just coming from an iphone, I just got way better battery life. I could leave my iphone sitting on my desk without doing anyting for hours and at most, it will drain maybe 1-2%. If I do with the the n7, it would drain at least 10%..

It just seems that ios is better at handling it's standby time and app optimization. I'm not sure if the battery drainage is just the way the android OS works with Samsung phones. I'd be curious to see if stock android phones have this same problem.

Nevertheless, it is bothersome to see the battery drain so quickly without really doing anything.
    10-10-2016 02:57 PM
    With so many battery saving apps out there, I would like to know from those who have used these apps which one you find works the best?

I have researched Greenify, Battery doctor, DU battery saver, etc.

Which apps have you found to be the most effective and easy to use?

Thank you for your feedback
    I've tried them and don't find them useful.
    10-10-2016 03:13 PM
    I use Purify battery saver app and I am quite satisfied with it, maybe you can try this.
    11-16-2016 04:02 AM