AT&T - Note 7 no longer available even for exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Note 7 customers may exchange Note 7 for any other smartphone, even outside of 14 day period with no restocking fee.

Wow, this makes me sad. Too bad I can't get to a store today to get an s7 Edge for another VR.

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Do you have anything from AT&T on this? I went to a store on Friday and they wouldn't do anything for me. I want to take my phone but back and would like to be prepared in case they tell me the same thing again. Thanks.

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Do you have anything from AT&T on this? I went to a store on Friday and they wouldn't do anything for me. I want to take my phone but back and would like to be prepared in case they tell me the same thing again. Thanks.

Same here. I went Saturday and was told that there was nothing official. I even called AT&T yesterday (Saturday) and was told the same thing .... nothing official. The non communication between AT&T and its people is maddening!

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
As usual, clueless corporate store staff. I actually just had one tell me that they aren't taking any returns and that I have to go through Samsung.

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm simply waiting at this time for either another official recall (if it's like the first - then the carriers won't have a choice and will be required to either accept for an exchange or a full refund), or if ATT outlines directly that they are willing to take these back past the 14 day period and offer a full refund - I'll go in and do that...

I want the ability to evaluate any phone on the market and decide at that time which one I'll buy as I'm not that excited about the alternative options that ATT has...

Right now per their official page.. they have stopped exchanges, and I'm sure it's all over the place depending on your 14 day window whether or not you can exchange it even now....

When I took my replacement in to get replaced it took awhile because they had to call corporate to determine what they would offer/do...

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm in mobility tech support, this information just updated sometime between last night and early this morning.

Thanks for that info! Should I tell them to look anywhere in particular for that info in their system when I go? I'm going to a corporate store.

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: AT&T - Note 7 no longer available even for exchange

The only official response from ATT is that they've stopped exchanges:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...l%23%21%2Fwireless%2FKM1122948&token=zdOiiUKQ

Quotes from the article:

"However, based on recent reports, AT&T is no longer exchanging customers into new Note7s at this time, pending further investigation of these reports"

"Is this a stop sell?
No, this is a stop exchange. We have not been selling Note7s since Samsung and the CPSC instructed us to stop selling Note7 devices purchased before September 15. The new Note7s that arrived in our stores on September 21 have been available for exchanges to customers with recalled Note7s."

The article is unclear regarding those customers wishing to simply exchange outside of the 14 day window - even though AC has posted an article indicating ATT and others are now willing to do so... There doesn't appear to be anything in an official statement from ATT indicating or confirming this....

EDIT: I'm wrong - later in the article it states you're allowed to exchange even out of the 14 day window...

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for that info! Should I tell them to look anywhere in particular for that info in their system when I go? I'm going to a corporate store.

They have access to the same information systems, if there is any doubt have them call or call yourself. The information may not be known to everyone just yet, I'm sorry.

As a Note 7 user I am constantly checking for any updates that come along.

csmall

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I need something official from AT&T to show a corporate store because they refuse to do anything for me regarding an exchange or refund.

According to them AT&T isn't offering exchanges or refunds on replacement Note 7's.

I also dealt with 611 with the same results.

Unbelievable.

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I need something official from AT&T to show a corporate store because they refuse to do anything for me regarding an exchange or refund.

According to them AT&T isn't offering exchanges or refunds on replacement Note 7's.

I also dealt with 611 with the same results.

Unbelievable.

att.com/note7 has the information updated - it states you can return the new Note 7 for any Smartphone

Are the new Note7s safe?
Based upon recent customer reports and ongoing investigations by Samsung, AT&T is no longer exchanging customers into new Note7s at this time while we wait for the outcome of the investigations. Assuming the investigations complete successfully with no safety issues identified, our current plan is to resume exchanges with new Note7s at that time.

Is this a stop sell?
No, this is a stop exchange. We have not been selling Note7s since Samsung and the CPSC instructed us to stop selling Note7 devices purchased before September 15. The new Note7s that arrived in our stores on September 21 have been available for exchanges to customers with recalled Note7s.

Can customers with a new Note7 exchange it for a different smartphone?
Yes, customers can exchange their new Note7 device for any other Samsung smartphone or any other smartphone.

csmall

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
att.com/note7 has the information updated - it states you can return the new Note 7 for any Smartphone

Are the new Note7s safe?
Based upon recent customer reports and ongoing investigations by Samsung, AT&T is no longer exchanging customers into new Note7s at this time while we wait for the outcome of the investigations. Assuming the investigations complete successfully with no safety issues identified, our current plan is to resume exchanges with new Note7s at that time.

Is this a stop sell?
No, this is a stop exchange. We have not been selling Note7s since Samsung and the CPSC instructed us to stop selling Note7 devices purchased before September 15. The new Note7s that arrived in our stores on September 21 have been available for exchanges to customers with recalled Note7s.

Can customers with a new Note7 exchange it for a different smartphone?
Yes, customers can exchange their new Note7 device for any other Samsung smartphone or any other smartphone.

This is related to the initial round of exchanges for the recall. I have seen nothing about the replacement devices.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Just got back from AT&T and had ZERO issues. The lady was nice and knew about the issues of the replacements. She actually entered it all in the system and thought she had to get a code for the no restocking fee like she had to do for the last two days and this morning it automatically did it as it knew what phone. So AT&T did something over night to program the system for returns. My account is already reset and taxes were reimbursed to my checking account.

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Just got back from AT&T and had ZERO issues. The lady was nice and knew about the issues of the replacements. She actually entered it all in the system and thought she had to get a code for the no restocking fee like she had to do for the last two days and this morning it automatically did it as it knew what phone. So AT&T did something over night to program the system for returns. My account is already reset and taxes were reimbursed to my checking account.

You returned it or got an exchange?

csmall

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

I think people's experiences will vary greatly with corporate stores.

I'm also curious if you did a refund or an exchange.

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
For what it's worth, I've now had another store rep tell me i can exchange it for any other phone but not a return/refund. Then @ATTcares tells me the same.

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm at a corporate store right now. Exchanging it. They can do it but keep getting an error with the 14-day return. They said they can bypass. Just taking extra time.

race4life

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
What stinks is that if I do return my note I think I want to go with a oneplus 3. Hopefully, they will offer a refund outside of the 14 day window.

cmb713

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I exchanged my Note 7 today at the AT&T store for a downgrade S7 Edge. I had no issues with the exchange but it took AT&T a while to figure out how to do the exchange without charging me a restocking fee. Everything worked out. It sucks to have to exchange the Note again but the S7 Edge is about as good as you can get right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.