10-10-2016 05:07 PM
37 12
tools
    Funny how the media doesn't go after such things like the iPhone and s7 edge having fires also. A

Multiple reports of the Samsung Galaxy S7 catching fire as well | AndroidGuys
    It seems to be 4 instances total across 3 different devices. Granted, small sample size - there are very likely more out there - but with 3 devices, if they're as bad as the Note 7, we should have around 10,000 examples.
    10-09-2016 07:33 PM
    It seems to be 4 instances total across 3 different devices. Granted, small sample size - there are very likely more out there - but with 3 devices, if they're as bad as the Note 7, we should have around 10,000 examples.
    Yes, but the n7 gets the media called every time now since its the one in the news and had a huge recall. The n7 over shadows the rest right now.
    10-09-2016 07:50 PM
    Exchanged my N7 earlier this afternoon. Went to a S7 Edge. Did not have any problems and the reps knew about the issue. I was fully refunded for the my replacement N7 and screen protector that I had bought with it. No restocking fee either. I'm really sad to let the N7 go but just gave up at this point. I'm also about to travel for work and holidays coming up and just don't need the hassle. Will see what the N8 brings but definitely will not buy on release.

There was a rep taking the whole N7 display apart while I was there. LOL.
    10-09-2016 08:35 PM
    Will they do a refund instead of exchange?
    They did for me.
    10-09-2016 08:50 PM
    They wouldn't negate my Next contact without an official recall. The store reps would have me buy an alternative phone I don't want.
    10-09-2016 08:53 PM
    Let me back up this phone and get ready to go back to my n5. I don't want to do it but the way it's looking I may have to. If they will just reverse my next plan, return my taxes I paid, and refund this case I bought I'll be good. ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜•
    10-09-2016 08:56 PM
    They wouldn't negate my Next contact without an official recall. The store reps would have me buy an alternative phone I don't want.
    It won't be long.
    10-09-2016 09:01 PM
    Keeping mine till it explodes or doesn't. The Pixel XL looks too much like an Iphone and not even close to the Note 7. The LG V20 is ok but not water resistant and no wireless charging. So short of someone coming to my house and physically taking my phone back I'm keeping it. I'm on AT&T next program and bought my Note 7 and had it replaced at Best Buy 3 weeks ago.
    10-09-2016 09:05 PM
    Keeping mine till it explodes or doesn't. The Pixel XL looks too much like an Iphone and not even close to the Note 7. The LG V20 is ok but not water resistant and no wireless charging. So short of someone coming to my house and physically taking my phone back I'm keeping it. I'm on AT&T next program and bought my Note 7 and had it replaced at Best Buy 3 weeks ago.
    I second this. There's no other options that come remotely close. I'm just glad I didn't wait around to get my replacement, because now I wouldn't be able to get a Note 7 at all.
    10-09-2016 11:00 PM
    Does anyone know if AT&T still giving us $25 bill credit for choosing another Samsung device? I know they were doing it with the recalled Note 7, but what about the replacement Note 7? I am probably going tomorrow morning to replace it with S7 Edge.
    10-09-2016 11:39 PM
    wouldn't be so sure about that - if you google "S7 EDGE" and "burns", the number of results is quite staggering - I'm not sure why nobody has been addressing it. I guess it's because it hasn't happened on a flying airplane yet?

The patterns seems to be exactly the same as for the Note7 - devices spontaneously going up in flames while not being charged. To me, things are clear: there's currently no safe Samsung S7 series device - I won't be buying Samsung for the foreseeable future.
    Yes, but the S7 has been out since March. If it was having meltdowns at the rate the Note 7 was after two weeks, they would have taken action and you'd be hearing about it a lot, plus a lot more of those units have been sold than the Note 7. I have no doubt a few probably have but not at the rate the Note 7 does. Even Iphones have had meltdown issues too but not at the rate the Note 7 seems to have.

IMO it's a design issue with the Note 7 like a few have speculated and maybe it isn't a battery issue. The replacement models have new batteries so it's unlikely it's simply a battery issue with the Note.

If that is indeed the case then even if the Note had a removable battery it wouldn't help.

Someone mentioned about the battery being packed super tight in it too. I guess that is because the Spen housing takes up space.
    10-10-2016 12:46 AM
    Does anyone know if AT&T still giving us $25 bill credit for choosing another Samsung device? I know they were doing it with the recalled Note 7, but what about the replacement Note 7? I am probably going tomorrow morning to replace it with S7 Edge.
    Contact them via online live chat on their site. Its what I had to do to get them to credit me.
    10-10-2016 05:07 PM
37 12