Where is AT&T's Official Position?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I did a search here: https://www.google.com/search?q=s7+...16,cd_max:7/31/2016&q=s7+edge+battery+explode

I limited the date range to before August to eliminate Note 7 false hits and got 1 hit that looked promising, then clicking on it showed it was for a knock off device and not a Samsung phone at all. That's in the first two pages, but my impression based on this search and from general stuff you sometimes hear moderating an Android forum is that these types of fires are pretty damn rare.

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
The problem being that if you google S7 EDGE burns, you'll likely come to the conclusion that the S7E burns / explodes just as frequently as the replacement Note7 - at this point, my best guess is that the S7 series, which has almost identical innards as the N7, suffers from the same design flaw. So far, the media has been going after the N7, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the S7 series had to be recalled as well.

Doubt it. If that was the case, the media would be all over it. They'd be crushing Samsung more than they are now. I got tired of all the aggravation with the Note 7. I love the Note series of phones. I've owned th 3, 4 and 7. I'm just going to wait and see if they come out with a new Note. I'm sure that I'll go right back to it when they actually fix what ever is wrong with the current Note.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Doubt it. If that was the case, the media would be all over it. They'd be crushing Samsung more than they are now. I got tired of all the aggravation with the Note 7. I love the Note series of phones. I've owned th 3, 4 and 7. I'm just going to wait and see if they come out with a new Note. I'm sure that I'll go right back to it when they actually fix what ever is wrong with the current Note.
Funny how the media doesn't go after such things like the iPhone and s7 edge having fires also. A

http://www.androidguys.com/2016/09/...-the-samsung-galaxy-s7-catching-fire-as-well/

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
That's the first I've heard that and I seriously doubt it. If the S7 was catching fire as much as the N7, it would have already had a recall.
The n7 is getting the attention because Samsung announced a global recall, which the media reported. Now any phone fire is linked to the n7, even if it isn't a n7. It is assumed a n7 untill it is proven otherwise, and the media never corrects the report.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
It seems to be 4 instances total across 3 different devices. Granted, small sample size - there are very likely more out there - but with 3 devices, if they're as bad as the Note 7, we should have around 10,000 examples.
Yes, but the n7 gets the media called every time now since its the one in the news and had a huge recall. The n7 over shadows the rest right now.

andrewg13

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Exchanged my N7 earlier this afternoon. Went to a S7 Edge. Did not have any problems and the reps knew about the issue. I was fully refunded for the my replacement N7 and screen protector that I had bought with it. No restocking fee either. I'm really sad to let the N7 go but just gave up at this point. I'm also about to travel for work and holidays coming up and just don't need the hassle. Will see what the N8 brings but definitely will not buy on release.

There was a rep taking the whole N7 display apart while I was there. LOL.

neutron

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
They wouldn't negate my Next contact without an official recall. The store reps would have me buy an alternative phone I don't want.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Let me back up this phone and get ready to go back to my n5. I don't want to do it but the way it's looking I may have to. If they will just reverse my next plan, return my taxes I paid, and refund this case I bought I'll be good. 😑😕

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Keeping mine till it explodes or doesn't. The Pixel XL looks too much like an Iphone and not even close to the Note 7. The LG V20 is ok but not water resistant and no wireless charging. So short of someone coming to my house and physically taking my phone back I'm keeping it. I'm on AT&T next program and bought my Note 7 and had it replaced at Best Buy 3 weeks ago.

Mdm23

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Keeping mine till it explodes or doesn't. The Pixel XL looks too much like an Iphone and not even close to the Note 7. The LG V20 is ok but not water resistant and no wireless charging. So short of someone coming to my house and physically taking my phone back I'm keeping it. I'm on AT&T next program and bought my Note 7 and had it replaced at Best Buy 3 weeks ago.

I second this. There's no other options that come remotely close. I'm just glad I didn't wait around to get my replacement, because now I wouldn't be able to get a Note 7 at all.

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know if AT&T still giving us $25 bill credit for choosing another Samsung device? I know they were doing it with the recalled Note 7, but what about the replacement Note 7? I am probably going tomorrow morning to replace it with S7 Edge.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
wouldn't be so sure about that - if you google "S7 EDGE" and "burns", the number of results is quite staggering - I'm not sure why nobody has been addressing it. I guess it's because it hasn't happened on a flying airplane yet?

The patterns seems to be exactly the same as for the Note7 - devices spontaneously going up in flames while not being charged. To me, things are clear: there's currently no safe Samsung S7 series device - I won't be buying Samsung for the foreseeable future.

Yes, but the S7 has been out since March. If it was having meltdowns at the rate the Note 7 was after two weeks, they would have taken action and you'd be hearing about it a lot, plus a lot more of those units have been sold than the Note 7. I have no doubt a few probably have but not at the rate the Note 7 does. Even Iphones have had meltdown issues too but not at the rate the Note 7 seems to have.

IMO it's a design issue with the Note 7 like a few have speculated and maybe it isn't a battery issue. The replacement models have new batteries so it's unlikely it's simply a battery issue with the Note.

If that is indeed the case then even if the Note had a removable battery it wouldn't help.

Someone mentioned about the battery being packed super tight in it too. I guess that is because the Spen housing takes up space.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know if AT&T still giving us $25 bill credit for choosing another Samsung device? I know they were doing it with the recalled Note 7, but what about the replacement Note 7? I am probably going tomorrow morning to replace it with S7 Edge.

Contact them via online live chat on their site. Its what I had to do to get them to credit me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22