10-10-2016 05:07 PM
37 12
tools
    A lot of us saw this story Friday. Some of us went to the AT&T store afterwards, and were perceived by Corporate store staff as worry warts or aliens having three heads.

Where can we find the official source for AT&T's replacement exchange? I want to get rid of this device and be done with the hype and potential risks (real or imagined).

AT&T will now let Note 7 owners return their replacement phone | Android Central
    10-09-2016 11:34 AM
    This is what came to AC from an AT&T initiated conversation, "If a customer would like to exchange a replacement Note7 for a different device we will do so."
    10-09-2016 11:41 AM
    Just got back from AT&T and had ZERO issues. The lady was nice and knew about the issues of the replacements. She actually entered it all in the system and thought she had to get a code for the no restocking fee like she had to do for the last two days and this morning it automatically did it as it knew what phone. So AT&T did something over night to program the system for returns. My account is already reset and taxes were reimbursed to my checking account.
    Aquila, justin1578 and shaleem like this.
    10-09-2016 11:44 AM
    If you have a problem with your local store (not all of them are corporate stores - some are independent dealers), ask where the nearest Device Support Center is. That's in a corporate store, and they'll be aware of the situation.
    10-09-2016 03:12 PM
    I just got back from my corporate store. Only new info was that the N7's were not being exchanged. Options for us are very limited right now. The store manager was willing to let me swap phones with another like a G5. What I wanted to know was whether I could cancel my Next upgrade which I used to get my Note 7. Until a formal recall is announced for a second time, we won't be able to do much but wait. I want to cancel my Next upgrade since I am getting a Pixel XL.
    duke1231 likes this.
    10-09-2016 03:23 PM
    Bloomberg tweet:

@business: AT&T has stopped all sales of Samsung's Galaxy Note 7 over safety concerns http://bloom.bg/2dEmN1E https://twitter.com/business/status/...965568/photo/1
    10-09-2016 03:32 PM
    A lot of us saw this story Friday. Some of us went to the AT&T store afterwards, and were perceived by Corporate store staff as worry warts or aliens having three heads.

Where can we find the official source for AT&T's replacement exchange? I want to get rid of this device and be done with the hype and potential risks (real or imagined).

AT&T will now let Note 7 owners return their replacement phone | Android Central
    Officially now at AT&T is that they will not exchange a Note 7 for another Note 7. You can exchange for any other phone including any other Samsung.
    10-09-2016 03:33 PM
    It was just a few weeks ago I walked into a AT&T store and they said it was just a temporary delay. Shortly afterward I bought an iPhone 7 Plus. I didn't see anything else that interested me and I had my doubts about the 'when' this would all get sorted out.
    10-09-2016 03:36 PM
    Just found out from a friend who works for AT&T that they are recalling all Note 7s that weren't sold in stores, all display media, and anything that is related to a Note 7. AT&T is no longer selling the phone period.
    10-09-2016 03:40 PM
    If I had a Note 7 I'd trade it for an iPhone 7+ then sell that or get a Z Force if I'm on Verizon and/or a Pixel XL unless I wanted to save some money and get a Moto Z Play. V20 is a consideration if one wants to wait.
    562dope562 likes this.
    10-09-2016 03:41 PM
    If I had a Note 7 I'd trade it for an iPhone 7+ then sell that or get a Z Force if I'm on Verizon and/or a Pixel XL unless I wanted to save some money and get a Moto Z Play. V20 is a consideration if one wants to wait.
    Speaking of Pixel, I am really annoyed over the failings of this phone. Google had an unforeseen opportunity to really capitalise on this and they have blown it. The design is outdated, the top and bottom bezels are ridiculously large and the phone is stupidly expensive considering its features compared to other phones. I am sure that the free unlimited photo storage is a part of its price.
    zipro and kdklein like this.
    10-09-2016 03:50 PM
    Speaking of Pixel, I am really annoyed over the failings of this phone. Google had an unforeseen opportunity to really capitalise on this and they have blown it. The design is outdated, the top and bottom bezels are ridiculously large and the phone is stupidly expensive considering its features compared to other phones. I am sure that the free unlimited photo storage is a part of its price.

Yeah, no SDCARD, no wireless charging, and many other stuff. Pixel to me is behind the times.
    10-09-2016 03:53 PM
    Will they do a refund instead of exchange?
    10-09-2016 03:54 PM
    Will they do a refund instead of exchange?
    I'm sure if you need to push them, they'll do it.
    10-09-2016 03:55 PM
    I went to AT&T yesterday and the rep looked at me like I had 3 heads ...LOL. I went back today and was able to exchange my Note 7 for the 7 Edge with no problem at all. In fact, the rep asked me who I spoke to yesterday and was a little aggravated that I was given incorrect info. She also told me that the Note 7 is no longer available from AT&T.
    10-09-2016 03:57 PM
    Yeah, no SDCARD, no wireless charging, and many other stuff. Pixel to me is behind the times.
    Just one thing I disagree with the common complaints of the Pixel and that is the SD card. You can't seriously expect a Google phone to have an SD card slot. Android is Google's own OS and apps were never intended to run on SD. Also, less and less apps are SD enabled. Furthermore, when Pixel gives you unlimited photo storage, why would you need an SD card?
    10-09-2016 03:59 PM
    Just one thing I disagree with the common complaints of the Pixel and that is the SD card. You can't seriously expect a Google phone to have an SD card slot. Android is Google's own OS and apps were never intended to run on SD. Also, less and less apps are SD enabled. Furthermore, when Pixel gives you unlimited photo storage, why would you need an SD card?
    Physical storage >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> cloud storage.
    Cloud storage is good for backing up, little else.

Google should have followed Apple (in something other than design/build) and brought out a 256GB phone.
    10-09-2016 04:01 PM
    Physical storage >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> cloud storage.
    Cloud storage is good for backing up, little else.

Google should have followed Apple (in something other than design/build) and brought out a 256GB phone.
    Google is not fond of SD cards, it is natural that Pixel would not have one. SD cards slow a phone down. Pixel is all about pure Android with best performance, not slowed down by bloat or anything else, including SD. Complaining about Pixel not having SD would be like complaining Apple does not have micro USC.
    10-09-2016 04:13 PM
    I went to AT&T yesterday and the rep looked at me like I had 3 heads ...LOL. I went back today and was able to exchange my Note 7 for the 7 Edge with no problem at all. In fact, the rep asked me who I spoke to yesterday and was a little aggravated that I was given incorrect info. She also told me that the Note 7 is no longer available from AT&T.
    The problem being that if you google S7 EDGE burns, you'll likely come to the conclusion that the S7E burns / explodes just as frequently as the replacement Note7 - at this point, my best guess is that the S7 series, which has almost identical innards as the N7, suffers from the same design flaw. So far, the media has been going after the N7, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the S7 series had to be recalled as well.
    10-09-2016 04:19 PM
    The problem being that if you google S7 EDGE burns, you'll likely come to the conclusion that the S7E burns / explodes just as frequently as the replacement Note7 - at this point, my best guess is that the S7 series, which has almost identical innards as the N7, suffers from the same design flaw. So far, the media has been going after the N7, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the S7 series had to be recalled as well.
    That's the first I've heard that and I seriously doubt it. If the S7 was catching fire as much as the N7, it would have already had a recall.
    10-09-2016 05:10 PM
    10-09-2016 06:09 PM
    I did a search here: https://www.google.com/search?q=s7+e...attery+explode

I limited the date range to before August to eliminate Note 7 false hits and got 1 hit that looked promising, then clicking on it showed it was for a knock off device and not a Samsung phone at all. That's in the first two pages, but my impression based on this search and from general stuff you sometimes hear moderating an Android forum is that these types of fires are pretty damn rare.
    10-09-2016 06:21 PM
    Doubt it. If that was the case, the media would be all over it. They'd be crushing Samsung more than they are now. I got tired of all the aggravation with the Note 7. I love the Note series of phones. I've owned th 3, 4 and 7. I'm just going to wait and see if they come out with a new Note. I'm sure that I'll go right back to it when they actually fix what ever is wrong with the current Note.
    10-09-2016 06:31 PM
    Doubt it. If that was the case, the media would be all over it. They'd be crushing Samsung more than they are now. I got tired of all the aggravation with the Note 7. I love the Note series of phones. I've owned th 3, 4 and 7. I'm just going to wait and see if they come out with a new Note. I'm sure that I'll go right back to it when they actually fix what ever is wrong with the current Note.
    Funny how the media doesn't go after such things like the iPhone and s7 edge having fires also. A

http://www.androidguys.com/2016/09/0...-fire-as-well/
    10-09-2016 07:22 PM
    That's the first I've heard that and I seriously doubt it. If the S7 was catching fire as much as the N7, it would have already had a recall.
    The n7 is getting the attention because Samsung announced a global recall, which the media reported. Now any phone fire is linked to the n7, even if it isn't a n7. It is assumed a n7 untill it is proven otherwise, and the media never corrects the report.
    10-09-2016 07:26 PM
37 12