RIP Note 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

blessedred

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Sadly it seems to me the Note 7 is done for. Samsung should honestly just allow for people to exchange it for other phones and be done with it. It's a lost cause at this point. RIP.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I truly hate to agree as I am a Sammy fan. But the Note 7 is truly done for. And please, no ridiculous responses suggesting otherwise. As I said before, Sammy will learn valuable lessons about QC and taking plenty of time to launch a product, especially one with a lot of new and high tech features.

And they have to stop obsessing with precious Apple, I will say this. All industry analysts agree that is the rush to beat iPhone 7 that caused this. Time for Sammy to stop fretting over Apple, and stop timing new releases in lieu of Apple.

I also think Sammy should rethink removable batteries. And aim for IP67 water resistance. IP68 is just overkill. No one needs a phone that you can submerge in water and write on the screen. All you need is a phone that can survive being caught out in the rain or a splash by the swimming pool. Removable batteries and IP67 is reasonably achievable. IP68 is a lot harder with a removable back.

But this Note 7 fiasco is am opportunity for Sammy to go back to the drawing board and rethink some of their strategies.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
When is Sammy going to learn that you don't need all new whizz bang features to be successful? Look at Apple, most of their new models have incremental upgraded. Pay of Apple's success is consistency. Sammy needs to badly learn this and not just rely on new features.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Sad to say but it is true.

Note 7 end is very very near.

With ATT stopped selling it you can rest assure other carriers will follow very quickly.

Since there have been so many fires in one week I am sure CPSC will take a look at this and another recall will happen. This time it will be the last. Samsung WILL NOT fix it. The carriers wont want the headache again.

Still using my Note 7 and I love it but if a recall happens again I am giving it in. Wont be allowed on planes, and trains etc...

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
1dc64f5e83f82e70f646f8af5025f194.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.