This is driving me nuts.. Is this specific to samsung? What is the secret to doing this.. I go to the settings and it doesn't let me change it.. Never saw this when I was with lg.. Its a pain.
    10-10-2016 11:25 AM
    Not sure if it's happening on all new Marshmallow versions, but I've only seen it in Samsung units. However, most of the time it is triggered by Facebook's Messenger's floating chat-heads. Once I close those (or force close Messenger), I don't get the 'error'.
    lawful12 likes this.
    10-10-2016 11:30 AM
    I got those all the time on my HTC One M8, Nova launcher had something to do with it. Never did figure it out.
    10-10-2016 11:36 AM
    mmm... I do have Nova installed, too. Maybe something about Accessibility Options (for gestures)? I know a lot of people have issues because of this.
    10-10-2016 11:49 AM
    Is this particular issue.. I was just trying to give Instagram access to my camera... I go to overlay settings and the toggle is locked. Very frustrating
    10-10-2016 01:03 PM
    Yup, you have to disable the app (or close it) that's causing the overlay problem. Most of the time it's apps that can, well, overlay items on top of everything else (this is to avoid apps that change settings or block things without your knowledge). Like I said, for me (and most other posts I've seen here), it's nearly always Facebook Messenger if you use chat heads. Close them and try the permission again and you shouldn't have issues (or go to the app's permission area in the settings and you can grant them directly there without having to worry about the overlay message).
    10-10-2016 01:54 PM
    Yup, you have to disable the app (or close it) that's causing the overlay problem. Most of the time it's apps that can, well, overlay items on top of everything else (this is to avoid apps that change settings or block things without your knowledge). Like I said, for me (and most other posts I've seen here), it's nearly always Facebook Messenger if you use chat heads. Close them and try the permission again and you shouldn't have issues (or go to the app's permission area in the settings and you can grant them directly there without having to worry about the overlay message).
    I think with your help I figured it out... Like previously I said the options/toggles are locked... So i tried it again with the Instagram app closed and the toggles worked. Thanks
    SpookDroid likes this.
    10-10-2016 06:17 PM