Trade in remorse? Rant

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I traded in my note 4 for the note 7. It was paid for. If there were no note 7, I'd still be using it.

Now if I have to trade in my note 7, I have to buy A NEW phone that I never wanted.

I don't want an s7, s7 edge, or a note 5 or an LG V20 or a pixel.

I want the phone I paid for already that I was happy with, or I want Samsung/Verizon to support the perfectly good note 7 I am typing on right now.

jsk0703

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
It's still too soon to tell but for now, it's a supported phone. Until Samsung officially announces otherwise. If they recall again I expect that it'll either be another swap or they'll offer some form of incentive to Note 7 owners to switch. Since the S7E is older, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them given for free to registered N7 owners.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Damn, that sucks. I'd be pissed too if I traded in a phone I liked for one that was about to see EOL.

Maybe you can look at a Note 5? They're probably pretty cheap right now.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
It's still too soon to tell but for now, it's a supported phone. Until Samsung officially announces otherwise. If they recall again I expect that it'll either be another swap or they'll offer some form of incentive to Note 7 owners to switch. Since the S7E is older, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them given for free to registered N7 owners.

I could see discounted hut doubt you will see free

Dubss

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Ok my thing is will the carriers still push update to it or even provide service

I love my note 7. But if there not going to patch it or update ever that's a big issues for me

Jad Morffier

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
I'm keeping my Note7 no matter what. Like some if you above, I've looked at the alternatives and I don't like them like I do with my Note7.

I still have my Note4 thank God. If Note7 gets canned I'll either go back to my Note4 or root the Note7 and see what roms and upgrades are available from xda and the like.

dannydyn

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Thank god I never listened to my wife and haven't sold my Note 4 (yet). I always like to hang on to my previous phone for a bit after an upgrade, just in case....

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I just recently sold my Note 4. I am still holding out hope that these replacement phones won't be recalled. My Note 7 is in the Verizon yearly upgrade program and there are no other phones I want right now.

audri5

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Damn, that sucks. I'd be pissed too if I traded in a phone I liked for one that was about to see EOL.

Maybe you can look at a Note 5? They're probably pretty cheap right now.

Note 5 is not cheap. Only $150 less than the note 7 and that's for the 32 GB not 64. I can't take the chance that my phone will catch fire while I'm asleep or in my pocket. And I wouldn't be surprised if my job banned me from bringing it to work, so I went back to the Note 5 but got a refurbished one for $499. I also ended up with about $150 in credits due to this fiasco so about $349. T-Mobile did all they could to make it as if I never even heard of the Note 7. I want the pen and the Note 5 was a great phone. Hopefully they will not discontinue the Note line and I can jump to a Note 8 next year. I still have faith in Samsung, just not this phone.

Ambivalencetech

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Sold my Note 4 as well. Luckily I have a Note 5. Maybe just sit it out. The V20 isn't all that and the pixel is DOA. Why is it this hard for any phone to come close?

audri5

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I want ti keep my NOTE 7 as well....problem free so far.....

Me too but I think the majority of them were problem free until they caught fire. And as I said earlier I think my job will ban me from bringing it to work as I drive a school bus for a living.

sean_4d8

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
Thinking about the N5 or the S7E if the N7 is buried for good. Still have my N2 but that's going WAYYYY backwards. Nothing else out there appeals to me.

mmsean

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I sold my Note 4 to my mother in law and now have no other phone unless I want to take her S4 ughhhhh. I am on Sprint so my choices are limited

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781