Oculus app disabled on note 7 devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnT3

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I just tried to use it and there was a mini update. When I put the headset on, found out oculus no longer usable with the Note 7. I was going to hold out turning it in but now I'm not sure what to do.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Yup, had no choice but to accept the update and there's a nice message saying safety first and Note7 VR use has been disabled/non compatible

Edit: I hate Samsung right about now!!!!! Two months of hell with their BS

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Yep, same here. Just got the headset sat, and didn't really have time to check it out much over the weekend, then start messing with it tonight, get the update, and bam... no more workie...

Milt K

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
LOL that sucks as I opened it yesterday. Oh well...at least I still have a double-dip going..unless my sd cards magically disintegrate :p

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
That was quick... and so it begins... What do you expect? For them to allow people to continue using a device that potentially blows up in people's eyes???

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
It should be my choice. A simple warning message saying something like "hey stupid, these phones can spontaneously combust, are u sure u wanna put it so close to tour face?" Would suffice. :D

jordankreationz

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Luckily i still have my note 5 but I'm freaking pissed anyway! I guess I'm off to download oculus on my note 5 while I plot which phone to replace my note 7 with.

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
It should be my choice. A simple warning message saying something like "hey stupid, these phones can spontaneously combust, are u sure u wanna put it so close to tour face?" Would suffice. :D

Yeah... with all the other crap and bad press that Samsung is now dealing with, I'm pretty certain they are willing to cut their losses here on prohibiting people from potentially harming themselves even worse...

They been very lucky to date, in that no one appears to have been seriously burned - if it were to come out that someone were suddenly blinded by an exploding N7 - the estimated $5B they are potentially losing on these recalls would be minuscule ... they'd might as well shutdown if that were to happen...

I'm a bit surprised they haven't stopped the S7E with some similar reports out there.... at this point Samsung needs to be very careful what they do for the foreseeable future....

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Wow think I'm kind of done with the N7 now. My gear VR is waiting for me at home. Never got the chance to use it. That's pretty much confirmed a recall for this device and V2 Note 7 is dead.

I like the look of the V20 but no gear VR support and due to lack of AMOLED it's doubtful to get daydream. Either a pixel or an S7 Edge. Gear VR will work with that at least and Google Daydream looks like it might rival the gear VR

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Just another Samsung item I have to return. Wife bought one weeks ago before the replacement Note 7 VR Freebie. I Hope the 256GB SD card isn't defective, at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if it gobbled my files.

Gefecht

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, it sucks. Mine was delivered today, spent about an hour playing with it. Put it away since I had errands to do, decided to try it again and boom, update.

This whole thing is frustrating to say the least. Add this to having to clean up after the hurricane and no internet still at the house with no word from time Warner. At least I am glad I still have unlimited data with Verizon.

The Phone Company

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Maybe this was the problem. Gear VR Innovator Edition used to make my Note 4 super hot to the point of making the phone unusable.
Have heard people advising to disable VR and Occulus apps with Package Disabler Pro for better performance so….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellie10