Old Information about the Note 7 Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jean Sagarese

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: S7 Edge or Pixel XL as a Replacement

I got the S7 Edge because I cannot wait on a pixel and I also don't want to deal with Verizon anymore

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
re: What replacement phone are you considering or have you already chosen?

There's no proof of horrible battery life for a phone not out yet. I had the V10 for 8 months and routinely had 5+ hours SOT, very similar to my Note 7.

Besides, it's replaceable. I thought that's what people wanted?

Jean Sagarese

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: my fears if I keep the N7

I didn't want to turn mine in, but it isn't worth the risk of a fire and having to worry that even in my office I had people who didn't want it there.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: So this phone will never see an update.

I was thinking the same thing. You might get security patches but you can forget Nougat
Well not getting nougat is not a big deal to me. How many times have there been an OS update and it screwed up the phone. Phones were designed to run on the OS it was released with.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Time to switch

i am keeping mine, only way i will let it go is if they disable it somehow.

That is very likely what will happen. I seriously doubt there will be a second recall. If it's found that replacement units continue to catch fire, my guess is there will be a worldwide refund/exchange.

Seriously, how the hell did anyone expect that Sammy could identify and rectify the battery problem so quickly? Once again, they rushed.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

I need something official from Samsung and CPCS before I will make a decision to return my Note 7. Carriers are like little kids, they will go with whatever floats at the time. But this does suck for Samsung.... The Note 7 is a flagship phone and as far as I am concerned there are only 2 others that can "remotely" compare, another Note, Note 5 to be precise or the Iphone 7. So that leaves most of us with crappy picks. The LG V20 isn't looking that hot for me. And Pixel which would be ok is looking like it would be strictly Verizon, I am on T-Mobile. So until I hear something from CPCS "officially" I am keeping mine without worries.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

You can bet that if there is a discontinuation of the N7, Sammy won't risk any more bad headlines and send out an update and disable all units.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: S7 Edge or Note 5?

Why on earth are there posts like this? How can anyone here advise you what other phone to get? It's like going on a recipe forum and asking everyone what should you have for dinner tonight?

We're all different and have different needs and wants. If I got the N7, I would have kept my S5 which is still running well. So in my case, I would have just returned to it and looked at the S8.

But I just don't get the point of all these types of posts. Think about it yourself. If you're going to get another phone and not use an old phone, just do a little bit of research yourself. No one can tell you what to get.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site

Not necessarily, I really like the phone and I'm not jumping to conclusions until I hear am official statement.
3f200660cc03ee08b4a799268e948180.gif

race4life

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Why on earth are there posts like this? How can anyone here advise you what other phone to get? It's like going on a recipe forum and asking everyone what should you have for dinner tonight?

We're all different and have different needs and wants. If I got the N7, I would have kept my S5 which is still running well. So in my case, I would have just returned to it and looked at the S8.

But I just don't get the point of all these types of posts. Think about it yourself. If you're going to get another phone and not use an old phone, just do a little bit of research yourself. No one can tell you what to get.

He/she is doing "a little bit of research" by posting on this forum. Maybe this person whats to hear from people that have owned these phones and what they liked and didn't like about them.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

The problem with replacing the note 7 with S7 or S7 edge is that they are now older phone models in my mind......those phones were released earlier this year and just don't seem new anymore...I have a lg g5 on my second line and it's really nice so the lg v20 will be the phone for my first line once it releases on tmobile October 28 (the day I will hand in my replacement Note 7)

6 months is old now? I know tech moves fast but jeez lol

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

He/she is doing "a little bit of research" by posting on this forum. Maybe this person whats to hear from people that have owned these phones and what they liked and didn't like about them.
Precisely. I was simply looking for input from people that have had one or both and what they thought. I went with the s7 edge after spending time with both in the store and talking to the rep. Really liking this phone

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

You can get a lot more info from online reviews at stores where the phones are sold. From actual users. And reviews broken down into categories, such as battery life, performance etc.

Here in Australia, I can check out Harvey Norman and other stores, and there are heaps of real world users posting their reviews.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

All the ones that keep the Note 7 now will be the biggest complainers later when things go belly up. And belly up it is definitely going.

You are missing the point, most of us are not keeping the phone. Most of us are keeping the Note 7 until we hear something "official". Just like most people returned their original Note 7 when Samsung and the CPCS got involved and did their investigations. I am not a propagandists and while I appreciate AC, they are not the end all be all. I will be in line on day one when something official comes out. Just like the replacement. I swapped it out day 1 when it became available at T-Mobile. But until then, we have the right to keep the phone and not base our decision on articles from various reporting agencies that are not conducting the investigations regarding the explosions or phones catching fire. I am pretty sure a decision will be made this week regarding the Note 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm